What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

When I first saw this movie back when it was released, I thought this is one of the greatest opening movie scenes I have ever seen, the way the music works with the slow zoom in on the whole band and all that gear in Pompeii coliseum.  And to this day about 44 years later I can still say that. 

On 3/12/2020 at 3:32 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

This is so kick ass.  What a great live album and a fantastic album cover to boot.  Back when this came out we wore out the record and multiple 8 track tapes.  This album was extremely popular with my friends.  Sadly I did not get to see BOC until 1979, but they were still great then.  Last time I saw them was around  2016 and Buck Dharma was still killing it.

Edited by John M

On 3/13/2020 at 6:51 AM, John M said:

This is so kick ass.  What a great live album and a fantastic album cover to boot.  Back when this came out we wore out the record and multiple 8 track tapes.  This album was extremely popular with my friends.  Sadly I did not get to see BOC until 1979, but they were still great then.  Last time I saw them was around  2016 and Buck Dharma was still killing it.

I saw BOC a coupla weeks ago and they were great. Dharma was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

SRV and his No.1 Strat tearing it up still a year away from rehab.

Seeing SRV 4 months before his death is still the most affecting concert i've attended. It left a palpable buzz for a good week, and continues to resonate. Life without you...

Back then I knew nothing about the rehab until it was the big story with the 1989 album.  I was fortunate to see him three times.  Once in 1986, once in  1988 opening for Robert Plant, and then in  1989, right after In Step came out, with Johnny Winter opening for SRV.    All the shows were great.   He was truly a force of nature.    

• 2 weeks later...

One of guitarist Kryssi Battalene's (Mountain Movers) other bands, Headroom live at the Lodge Room in Highland Park, March 27, 2019. California Flashback Festival. Acid Mothers Temple, Heron Oblivion, Psychedelic Speed Freaks, and Mountain Movers also played.

http://www.nyctaper.com/2019/05/headroom-march-27-2019-lodge-room-los-angeles-california-flashback/