What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

• 2 weeks later...

46 years ago today, a guitar maestro left us :tears:..................

Voodoo Child (Slight Return) by The Jimmy Hendrix Experience - Stockholm 1969

This lyric never fails to send chills down my spine: 

And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then I'll meet you in the next one
And don't be late, don't be late

After Rush, my next all time favourite trio is The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Good choice, if you didn't know today 18th September it is forty six years since Hendrix passed away.

Thanks! :) Yes, I know that it's been 46 years since Hendrix passed on. Can't believe it's been that long! Still can't get over it sometimes, in terms of the tremendous loss to music. :( 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 weeks later...

Ted Nugent "Rockpalast" Germany 1976.

Uncle Ted. Terrible Ted. The Nuge. I don't like the guy's politics but goddamn if he couldn't chew gum and play guitar at the same time. This was the primo era of Ted Nugent, when he had a real kick-ass band with Derek St. Holmes on vocals and second guitar and a killer rhythm section of Rob Grange (bass) and Cliff Davies (drums). Unfortunately, due to Ted's ego it only lasted a couple albums. But if you were lucky enough to see Ted in 1975-77, you saw him at his peak. At a time when most rock guitarists were playing Strats or Les Pauls or SGs, it was kind of cool to see Ted coax all those cool tones out of a Birdland hollowbody. Just listen to "Hibernation" (around the 36:00 to 49:00 mark on the video)...one of the great rock instrumentals ever!

Edited by Strider

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Ted Nugent "Rockpalast" Germany 1976.

Uncle Ted. Terrible Ted. The Nuge. I don't like the guy's politics but goddamn if he couldn't chew gum and play guitar at the same time. This was the primo era of Ted Nugent, when he had a real kick-ass band with Derek St. Holmes on vocals and second guitar and a killer rhythm section of Rob Grange (bass) and Cliff Davies (drums). Unfortunately, due to Ted's ego it only lasted a couple albums. But if you were lucky enough to see Ted in 1975-77, you saw him at his peak. At a time when most rock guitarists were playing Strats or Les Pauls or SGs, it was kind of cool to see Ted coax all those cool tones out of a Birdland hollowbody. Just listen to "Hibernation" (around the 36:00 to 49:00 mark on the video)...one of the great rock instrumentals ever!

Yep saw him in 1976 or 77 and again the year later. What I remember of the first time is "Hibernation" it was just awesome. Encore time he stood on top of his amps and blasted some real crunching guitar. Second time he came on swinging on a rope in a loincloth, ala Tarzan. He wasn't as good though - thinking on, the second time it could have been 1979 

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Have you seen this show, Sath? This is about a month before I saw them for the first time at the Hollywood Palace.

Ohh, good find man, that one is pretty rare, I remember saving it to a flash drive for posterity a while back. Cool to see the full show finally posted on YT. 

Lucky you got to see them so early in their career. Is there any tape of the show you were at? If anyone would have it, it would be this site.

http://toasterland.com/setlists/

Edited by Sathington Willoughby