What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

On 10/13/2016 at 1:14 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

Ohh, good find man, that one is pretty rare, I remember saving it to a flash drive for posterity a while back. Cool to see the full show finally posted on YT. 

Lucky you got to see them so early in their career. Is there any tape of the show you were at? If anyone would have it, it would be this site.

http://toasterland.com/setlists/

Yeah, there is...or at least there was. I taped three Primus shows in 1990: the Hollywood Palace, Club Lingerie in October, and Hollywood Palladium when they opened for Jane's Addiction December 20. I went to all three Palladium shows but only taped the last night.

Sadly, the Primus tapes were amongst the cache of tapes that were stolen during a home invasion robbery. I had a special code system for my tapes to keep my druggie friends and roommates from stealing them so there were no outward markings on the tapes themselves that a normal person would have recognized as "Jane's Addiction/Pixies/Primus Live at the Palladium" or "Tool Live at the Troubadour", etc. 

Unless the thieves actually listened to the tapes, they might have assumed they were blank and recorded over them or sold them as blanks. Whether someone did hear the tapes and realized the goldmine they had and later circulated the shows or seeded some live torrents, I cannot say. In my time of collecting bootlegs I haven't come across one that was sourced from one of my tapes.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah, there is...or at least there was. I taped three Primus shows in 1990: the Hollywood Palace, Club Lingerie in October, and Hollywood Palladium when they opened for Jane's Addiction December 20. I went to all three Palladium shows but only taped the last night.

Sadly, the Primus tapes were amongst the cache of tapes that were stolen during a home invasion robbery. I had a special code system for my tapes to keep my druggie friends and roommates from stealing them so there were no outward markings on the tapes themselves that a normal person would have recognized as "Jane's Addiction/Pixies/Primus Live at the Palladium" or "Tool Live at the Troubadour", etc. 

Unless the thieves actually listened to the tapes, they might have assumed they were blank and recorded over them or sold them as blanks. Whether someone did hear the tapes and realized the goldmine they had and later circulated the shows or seeded some live torrents, I cannot say. In my time of collecting bootlegs I haven't come across one that was sourced from one of my tapes.

Damn, that's a shame. 

All this time I never knew you were a Primus fan. :drinks: