What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Ooooooh, this is tantalizing news! Will definitely seek this out as Duane-era ABB is one of my favourite bands to collect live shows.

I think I have that Tokyo King Crimson show you mentioned but I need to check.

The original Allman Brothers Band was one of those bands that would play the same set list every night but put on a totally different show, like LZ. This one's an excellent show with Duane push, push, pushing the band the whole way. It's the second show of the night, so just one set but with an extended double encore including a very rare version of Johnny B. Goode featuring Duane on vocals!

Edited by chef free

The original Allman Brothers Band was one of those bands that would play the same set list every night but put on a totally different show, like LZ. This one's an excellent show with Duane push, push, pushing the band the whole way. It's the second show of the night, so just one set but with an extended double encore including a very rare version of Johnny B. Goode featuring Duane on vocals!

You mean it's not Berry Oakley on vocals?

My favourite line-up of The Mothers of Invention...the "Flo & Eddie" years...1971 was a great year for this line-up with the classic "Fillmore East June 1971" and "Just Another Band From L.A." (recorded at Pauley Pavilion, UCLA) albums released from this tour. Now, comes another great 1971 show...Frank Zappa's only appearances at Carnegie Hall October 11, 1971. This 4-disc set contains both the early and late shows, as well as an opening set by the soul group The Persuasions. The sound is in mono.

http://youtu.be/D7Tq1-y-ggM

Edited by Strider

Aerosmith "Live Bootleg"...various dates on the 1977-78 Draw the Line tour, with a couple songs from a 1973 Boston radio broadcast. This album closed the door on classic-era Aerosmith. If the Aerosmith of the 70s could see what wimpy cartoons they are now, they would kick their ass.

http://youtu.be/o9z2emV6MIA

^^^You're probably right, chef free...it was an Allman Brothers trading site that I saw Berry Oakley's name listed as the singer. Not always the best source for correct info.

Since it was Robert Smith's and Iggy Pop's birthday today, I've been cranking the Cure and the Stooges at work today.

Right now I am listening to The Cure live at the National Ballroom, Kilburn, England, May 3, 1992. The Wish Tour...which was the last truly great album. Italian CD of the FM Broadcast.

Setlist

Tape

Open

High

Pictures Of You

Lullaby

Doing The Unstuck

Just Like Heaven

Apart

A Night Like This

Wendy Time

The Walk

Let's Go To Bed

Friday I'm In Love

In Between Days

From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea

Fascination Street

Never Enough

Cut

End

Encore #1:

In Your House

M

Three Imaginary Boys

Boys Don't Cry

Encore #2:

Charlotte Sometimes

Primary

A Strange Day

Encore #3:

A Forest

(The Reverend) Al Green
The Gospel Of Love
1973 WNET studios, New York
Big Fro discs BF-009
Silvers > EAC w/log file > shn w/seek tables appended (mkwACT).
01. Intro
02. Tired of Being Alone
03. Look What You Done For Me
04. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
05. I'm Still In Love With You
06. Judy
07. You Ought To Be With Me
08. Love And Happiness
09. We've Only Just Begun, Let's Stay Together
58:41
Edited by chef free

QUEEN
13 September 1973
Venue: Golders Green Hippodrome
City: London
Quality: EX
Lineage: "Queen Will Be Crowned" (Digital Queen Archives) silver->EAC->WAV->FLAC (Flac front end level 8)
Tracklist:
1. Introduction/Procession
2. Father To Son
3. Son And Daughter
4. See What A Fool I've Been
5. Ogre Battle
6. Band Introduction
7. Liar
8. Jailhouse Rock/Stupid Cupid/Be Bop A Lula/Shake Rattle And Roll/Jailhouse Rock (Reprise)
9. Big Spender/Bama Lama Bama Loo
Comment: This comes directly from the “Queen Will Be Crowned” silver, the quality is the best around.
Freddie sounds a little bit distant on the songs before the rock'n'roll medley but that's not due to the recording.
This is also the first soundboard recording and the first recording of Queen live around.

Allman Brothers Band January 23, 1971 Late Show @ Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY.

By the provenance of chef...this is ABB firing on all cylinders. Absolutely smoking show. "Midnight Rider" is playing now, and this follows as lyrical a performance of "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" as I have been privileged to hear.

A must-have for any serious fan of live music.

Edited by Strider