What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The first time I ever heard Rush was when this album was released.  A friend had just bought it.  Fall 1976.  The Song Remains the Same had just come out.  Presence, Wired, and Rocks were still "new albums" from that spring.  Leftoverture had just been released.  Then I heard this and said "who is this???!!!".  I had never even heard of Rush til that moment.   From that moment I knew Rush was something special.  I can still remember when that needle dropped on Bastille Day - "Won't you please welcome home - Rush!"  Then Anthem - I was floored.  Then the rest of this incredible album.   It was quite a bit to take in.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the great concert openings ever (besides Zeppelin).  Marc Ford and Rich Robinson rip in, then "WEEELLLLLLLLLLLL. . . . We are the Black Crowes!!" and then all hell breaks loose.  Hard to believe it was almost 25 years ago.  I remember seeing this live on MTV like it was yesterday.  This MTV set showed me that the Crowes were really something special.  I knew they were great from the first two albums but this was the first time I saw or heard them live.  I finally got to see them live on the Amorica tour and then many times since.  One of the truly great rock bands ever.

As Rush fans know the band just released a 40th anniversary Farewell to Kings set which includes this remastered and expanded 1978 show originally released on Different Stages in 1998.  Some added tracks and great remastering.  Merry Christmas from Rush 

Ok, it turns out YouTube does not allow the embedding of the video, but here is the URL, or just search in YouTube if you have not yet purchased the new Farewell to Kings release. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCmZa712aM