What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

June is split into two parts. June 9 and 11 signify my first Rolling Stones concerts in 1972 so I usually go on a Stones binge. Until June 21 when you-know-who takes over the rest of the month.

I wonder if @gibsonfan159 could do one of his nitpicking reviews on Mick Taylor's playing from this show on the 1972 tour?

1973 was Mick Taylor's last tour with the Rolling Stones. This soundboard compilation is about the length of one Led Zeppelin show, so it shouldn't be too difficult for gibsonfan159 to do a review. No drum solos, either.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, Strider said:

1973 was Mick Taylor's last tour with the Rolling Stones. This soundboard compilation is about the length of one Led Zeppelin show, so it shouldn't be too difficult for gibsonfan159 to do a review. No drum solos, either.

I've got some more Zep requests and I might squeeze this in.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:00 AM, Strider said:

@Strider I sure would appreciate some boot recommendations for Taylor era stones, with good sound quality

8 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

@Strider I sure would appreciate some boot recommendations for Taylor era stones, with good sound quality

February 24, 1973 Perth Australia is one of my favourite soundboards from the Mick Taylor era. The sound is so well-balanced for a soundboard. "Bitch", "Gimme Shelter" and "Happy" are among the best versions of these songs they ever played. Often titled Nicky's Birthday Party as it was Nicky Hopkins birthday on the day of the concert.

You also can't go wrong with "Welcome to New York" (July 26, 1972 Madison Square Garden), "Philadelphia Special" (Philadelphia Spectrum July 1972), "Brussels Affair" (Brussels October 1973...aka "Bedspring Symphony" or "Nasty Music").

I'll pm you a longer list later.

Don't forget, the Rolling Stones have finally officially released many good shows from the Mick Taylor era.

There is "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out" of course...1969 Madison Square Garden. There is "Ladies & Gentlemen...the Rolling Stones" (Ft. Worth June 1972). "Live at the Marquee" (1971 Marquee Club), "Live at Leeds" (1971 Leeds University...same place the Who recorded their album the same year), and you can even get "Brussels Affair" from the Rolling Stones website.

With work and remembering Led Zeppelin concerts, yesterday was jam-packed. But I would be remiss in not noting that Chris Squire passed away five years ago June 27, 2015. So here's the first concert in which I encountered the caped-wonder that was Chris Squire. "Heart of the Sunrise" was electrifying. Plus, it was the only Yes concert I saw with Bill Bruford on drums.

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't forget, the Rolling Stones have finally officially released many good shows from the Mick Taylor era.

There is "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out" of course...1969 Madison Square Garden. There is "Ladies & Gentlemen...the Rolling Stones" (Ft. Worth June 1972). "Live at the Marquee" (1971 Marquee Club), "Live at Leeds" (1971 Leeds University...same place the Who recorded their album the same year), and you can even get "Brussels Affair" from the Rolling Stones website.

"Live At Leeds" is with Ron Wood from 1982. You could get "Brussels Affair" from the Stones website back in 2011. Nowadays you can get a NM copy from $300 (just Vinyl and CDs) up to $600 for a complete box on Discogs, Mick Jagger signed boxes  $1000 upwards.

9 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

"Live At Leeds" is with Ron Wood from 1982. You could get "Brussels Affair" from the Stones website back in 2011. Nowadays you can get a NM copy from $300 (just Vinyl and CDs) up to $600 for a complete box on Discogs, Mick Jagger signed boxes  $1000 upwards.

I'm not talking about 1982. Ron Wood was not with the Stones in 1971.

51r2wDLD7XL._SY400_.jpg.5755538ef7a268c4ac6bf0dad429e0ae.jpg

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-live-at-leeds/