Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
roblindblad

What are you thinking right now?

I'm just thinking that it's a great pity that one particular thread was pulled. I just started enjoying myself...

I'm just thinking that it's a great pity that one particular thread was pulled. I just started enjoying myself...

Me too, I wanted to see what sort of crap Del could come up with :lol:

Oh well, he made me laugh with the shit he said before the thread got deleted :lol:

Me too, I wanted to see what sort of crap Del could come up with :lol:

Oh well, he made me laugh with the shit he said before the thread got deleted :lol:

Well, if he made you laugh, why did you block him?

I didn't block him ^_^ .

I was joking about it, just with the crap he was coming up with made me want to!

Lot of good threads getting pulled lately. What was so bad about that one that they had to pull it?

Yeh. Usually shortly after I post in them. :huh:

Well, you saw it yourself. There was nothing particularly bad in there, except for Del's typical, vomit inducing ami-macho-babble But I'm rather frustrated that I spent some of my precious time in there this afternoon, and now it's all lost forever. I hate it when in happens.

on the other hand, I don't like being told what to think.

Why do you assume that you ARE being told what to think? If someone gave you a book on Botany, would you assume that they were pushing you to become a botanist?

It's a bible, not a book on botany. Religion is different, because religion does tell you what to think. It has things in the margins to help you understand it, since scripture is a bit hard to understand anyway, that says "this is what they meant by that," which I personally don't agree with because I personally don't think that the Bible is supposed to be taken literally.

Look at it this way...I don't know if you're a christian, but if you are, imagine that one of your friends is muslim and gives you a Koran for your birthday. How exactly would you feel? Probably similar to an agnostic recieving a Bible.

If it was me Mona, I'd just accept it as a gift and leave it at that. If she ever asks about it, it may give you the oppurtunity to explain to her that you're not a religious person and do not appreciate being told what to think. Is your mother religious ? maybe she's talked to her friend about you ? I have an aunt who is out to save everyone's soul, I had to set her straight once, it was akward and upset her, but she knows where I stand. She just thinks I'm going to hell.... :rolleyes: P.S. Maybe you could ask her if she purchased it at a bookstore where you could take it back and exchange it for something you actually want.

She lives in California, and I don't plan on exchanging it. It has my name on the cover, it's all personalized and stuff, so it's mine. I am not a christian, but that doesn't really mean that christianity isn't interesting to me. There are lessons to be learned in there, and the stories can be nice if you're like me and you view them as mythology. It's not so much the gift itself as the intention that is confusing me. My mom is not religious at all. She's very spiritual, but she is not religious. So yeah, I'll be keeping it. I mean, I might not agree with whatever they say is the interpretation, but maybe it'll help me understand it a bit better, since scripture is hard to read. Religion does interest me, even if I don't believe any of it.

It's a bible, not a book on botany.

But it is still only a book, Mona. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that YOU are the one in control of what you believe and don't believe. Studying a thing does not automatically brain wash you unless you allow it too. Of course, if you have no interest in reading the bible , that's something else entirely.

Incidentally, I'm not a christian...though I have studied the bible from time to time on my journey.

^Blah, I know what you mean. There's absolutely no one on either side that impresses me at all...usually I really make an effort to vote in elections because I hate how they always get such a low turnout, but I don't think I'm going to waste my time on this one...I'll just wait for the November one and the one who seems the least dangerous.

Right now I'm thinking how really frucking boring the first book of Rousseau's Confessions are, except for the part about his governess and the S&M fantasies...that was pretty exciting.

Well, if he made you laugh, why did you block him?

Good question Kat.

I didn't block him ^_^ .

I was joking about it, just with the crap he was coming up with made me want to!

Really? Because after you PM'd me and I attempted to respond, the 'blocked' message came up.

Seems like a lilttle bit of a discrepancy. Maybe you even had the thread pulled.... who knows?

But for the record:

You see Del this is why nobody takes you seriously, the crap you post is just laugh out loud funny, you've pretty much shown to me that your a child rather than an adult.

I laughed so much at the responses you gave me, some of them were so stupid I wouldn't of expected a man in their 40's to come up with them - more like a bratty teenager! :lol:

Thanks for the smile you put across my face with the utter crap you post :)

Well I suppose I must carry on with my "Royal Stooge" duties as you so neatly put :lol:

Peace :lol:

Oh forgot to mention, I blocked you :)

:whistling:

^Blah, I know what you mean. There's absolutely no one on either side that impresses me at all...usually I really make an effort to vote in elections because I hate how they always get such a low turnout, but I don't think I'm going to waste my time on this one...I'll just wait for the November one and the one who seems the least dangerous.

Right now I'm thinking how really frucking boring the first book of Rousseau's Confessions are, except for the part about his governess and the S&M fantasies...that was pretty exciting.

Somone should nominate Snoopy again, I would toss his vote into the hat. I was thinking Clinton, but with all the illegal immigrants as they are her speech's on this lost me. My motto is immigrate legally or get put on a train or plane out. We arent living 200 years ago. We are living now and the economy smells for a reason. It didnt come that way.

Had to rant..

Shad :unsure: w

My motto is immigrate legally or get put on a train or plane out.

I understand where you're coming from, but logistically, that isn't possible. Government and academic estimates indicate that as of 2006 there were 11 to 12 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. Even if it were possible to find all of them, how would we go about deporting them? Intellectually, I've come to the view that we have to make some concessions on this issue, simply because there are real limits to what we can do now that the problem is so already established. We need to get serious about stopping the flow of illegal immigrants at the border, try to create a path of legal citizenship for those LAW ABIDING illegal immigrants already here , and concentrate our efforts on deporting those illegals who commit crimes (other than the crime of being in this country illegally). I just don't see any other plausible way to tackle the problem. Just my opinion, mind you.

(And since I'm now thinking about this, I'm on topic) ;)

My motto is immigrate legally or get put on a train or plane out.

I understand where you're coming from, but logistically, that isn't possible. Government and academic estimates indicate that as of 2006 there were 11 to 12 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. Even if it were possible to find all of them, how would we go about deporting them? Intellectually, I've come to the view that we have to make some concessions on this issue, simply because there are real limits to what we can do now that the problem is so already established. We need to get serious about stopping the flow of illegal immigrants at the border, try to create a path of legal citizenship for those LAW ABIDING illegal immigrants already here , and concentrate our efforts on deporting those illegals who commit crimes (other than the crime of being in this country illegally). I just don't see any other plausible way to tackle the problem. Just my opinion, mind you.

(And since I'm now thinking about this, I'm on topic) ;)

Well it would be a tough row to hoe I agree, however isnt legal better? We need to at least start somewhere instead of giving all the illegal ones drivers licenses, access to our medical teams, child care, pell grants blah blah.

Ever wonder why your insurance rates are so high. Someone in business who is paying for employees med Insurance is paying 800mo and up.

Look under the hood to fix things and show other people how to fix them instead of passing the buck...

Shad :unsure: w

PS Go find another country that lets you stay illegally...or them and send them there//

Good question Kat.

Really? Because after you PM'd me and I attempted to respond, the 'blocked' message came up.

Seems like a lilttle bit of a discrepancy. Maybe you even had the thread pulled.... who knows?

:whistling:

Yeah I changed my mind soon after the PM, maybe it's because I wanted to hear what other crap you could come up with.

I think the thread was pulled because you were on the border of saying racist comments.

Though for the record you weren't even talking about the Topic's subject, so it was turning into spam.

Though I found all your arguments quite funny really.

Peace :)

I'm thinking that I hope whatever's wrong with my car isn't serious......... :unsure:

^I hope so too. I hate it when there's somethign wrong with my car.

Thank God (knock on wood) my car's been VERY reliable. Except the power steering pump's beginning to make some noise. :huh:

Yeah I changed my mind soon after the PM, maybe it's because I wanted to hear what other crap you could come up with.

So then you now admit that you did in fact block me.

Funny how you changed your story as soon as 'facts' were provided to show that you had been dishonest.

I think the thread was pulled because you were on the border of saying racist comments.

That is a pretty ridiculous statement. You called our President a chimp and I called your royal family a "dog and pony show." The other comments about bowing down to Mecca five times a day were not "racist", they were political.

Though for the record you weren't even talking about the Topic's subject, so it was turning into spam.

Actually you were the one who decided to take the thread topic off subject when you decided to make disparaging comments about the President being a chimpanzee.

Like I said before, if you are going to make stupid offensive comments yourself, then at least be big enough to take it when somebody else throws it right back at you. Having thread topics pulled, blocking people (while continuing to PM them with insulting comments at the same time) is not the mark of a stand up guy.

Though I found all your arguments quite funny really.

Yeah you keep saying that, however, your comments and actions prove otherwise.

No, you got your cage rattled big time, but rather than accept that your own comments might have been behind the reason for my response, you acted like you were being picked on.

Look, I'm a Republican and I was never a big fan of G.W. Bush (or his father). But for you (a Brit) to say what you said, and then insinuate that YOU should have some say in our political process based you YOUR feeling and opinions, was off base. I might have accepted what you said if you were from a third world country (not that I need to agree with them). But when you speak of 'global domination' it really doesn't sit well coming from a person who's nation bragged about "the sun never sets on the British Empire." What about that irony don't you get?

And another thing -- as an American I don't seem to get is that you Brits are supposed to be our allies. It's not like you are a Russian, Chinese or Iranian. I thought we were supposed to be friends? I am very disturbed by the trend with many Brits complaining about the United States as if we are cause of all evil in the world. It's not supposed to be like that. Although I must admit that I have received PM's from other Brits warning me that most of the people with those sentiments are not 'real Brits' at all... but rather disgruntled trouble makers from Pakistan and other hell holes. Basically from among some of the groups that I was wondering about before.

For the record I like the British, I always have. So if I lash out at a Brit for making stupid anti-American comments, it's because I expect much better from them.

Peace :)

"PEACE" does not just happen. Peace is only maintained through 'strength'. Somthing that your own Winston Churchill understood.

Del, I really can't be arsed to talk to you about crap that you can't admit to, *EVEN* if I was to argue back at you, you wouldn't be able to take it, and start mentioning that I'm English and I'm a royal stooge, blabla.

I really don't think I could ever do a better job of painting American culture in a bad light than you consistently manage.

It's over now, honestly, get over it.

Don't turn another topic into spam.

Peace