Blood Moon Saturday morning.

chef free

Thanks for the heads up on this.

We in New England missed the last two due to weather. Might happen again Saturday morning. :(

If memory serves, Strider went to the Griffith Observatory to see one of the blood moons last year.

It begins at 2:01 am here in Phoenix, at maximum at 5:00 am, and ends at 7:59 am. I'd like to check it out but I don't know if I will be able to stay up for it, maybe I'll set the alarm.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

We in New England missed the last two due to weather. Might happen again Saturday morning. :(

If memory serves, Strider went to the Griffith Observatory to see one of the blood moons last year.

You know my schedule better than I do. :P

Might sit this Blood Moon out...gotta work early in the morning.

I woke up about 4:50 am, just in time to go outside and see it go to maximum, it was very clear out here in Phoenix, we were able to view it fully out here. I tried to take some pictures but my camera is just not good enough to get very clear pictures.

For those of us who missed it:

See a Blood Moon in Shortest Eclipse of the Century

A total lunar eclipse will dazzle sky-watchers in the western half of North America.

01starstruck0402.adapt.1190.1.jpg

Nine exposures capture a blood moon's trek through Earth's shadow in July 2000. On Saturday, April 4, the top edge of the eclipsed moon should appear much brighter than the rest of the orb.

PHOTOGRPAH BY AKIRA FUJII, SKY & TELESCOPE

Excellent, informative article about various aspects of the blood moon:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150402-shortest-total-lunar-eclipse-moon-sky-watching-viewing/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb201504news-bloodmoon04&utm_campaign=Content&sf8380700=1

Archived