1972 bootlegs

nick2632

Can anyone reccomend any good bootlegs from 1972? Also, anything worthy from late '71 (post Japan tour)? I know there just isn't much from this time, but anything that sounds decent would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

71-11-16
72-06-19
72-06-25
72-06-09
72-10-04

Honestly nothing sounds good from this these tours other than the soundboards and they too are iffy. Try orlando 71-08-31 for a decent sounding show from that period that is complete as well. The intro to whole lotta love riff is quite good and unique. So if you are willing to put up with noisy audience recordings that sound like black metal fidelity then go for it, me i prefer boots with a bottom end like Eddie as it is much more enjoyable then getting a trebly wall of plant shrieks and instruments fighting for the tiny soundstage...Sorry just not my cup of tea anymore and never was. Il take a loose drunk show from 75 anyday over hearing immigrant song distorted beyond recognition. Besides, 72-06-25 is on cd for us already so i say why bother, you get all the main tracks that were featured from that tour in the best performance and quality all in one, just doesnt make sense to hear scratchy noises when you can hear that gem, which is the best show up to that point in their career without argument.

^^^Ah yes, but if there was no argument there'd be no need for this Forum. ;)

nick2632, follow Sue's list...it's spot on. Except she neglected to include some fine Australian 1972 shows...February 19, 1972 Adelaide and February 27, 1972 Sydney.

Also, I realize my 'bootleg ears' may be more tolerant than most, but I really dig the November 24, 1971 Manchester UK show.

^^^Ah yes, but if there was no argument there'd be no need for this Forum. ;)

nick2632, follow Sue's list...it's spot on. Except she neglected to include some fine Australian 1972 shows...February 19, 1972 Adelaide and February 27, 1972 Sydney.

Also, I realize my 'bootleg ears' may be more tolerant than most, but I really dig the November 24, 1971 Manchester UK show.

As stated above. "bootleg ears" might be needed. I remember when I first began listening to certain bootlegs it sounded almost incoherent(that might be an exaggeration) but after a certain period my ears adjusted and I was able to notice the details. Heck one of my favorite gigs 1970/09/19 Evening show isa pretty good audience recording and I prefer it to some soundboards of the period.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will have to listen to some samples of them and see which catch my attention. I have found several shows from every year that I really enjoy, but the only thing I had from '72 was Burn Like A Candle and a couple songs from different shows so I had a very limited selection.

As stated above. "bootleg ears" might be needed. I remember when I first began listening to certain bootlegs it sounded almost incoherent(that might be an exaggeration) but after a certain period my ears adjusted and I was able to notice the details. Heck one of my favorite gigs 1970/09/19 Evening show isa pretty good audience recording and I prefer it to some soundboards of the period.

:goodpost:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Best%20For%20Hard%20n%20Heavy_Front_zps3

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: 1971.11.25
Title: Best For Hard 'n' Heavy
Label: Empress Valley Supreme Disc
Venue: Leicester University
Source: Audience

One of the most balanced audience recordings IMO, sounds much better than the overrated Ipswich (11/16/71) recordings, the vocals are quite harsh on those.

Best%20For%20Hard%20n%20Heavy_Front_zps3

Artist: Led Zeppelin

Date: 1971.11.25

Title: Best For Hard 'n' Heavy

Label: Empress Valley Supreme Disc

Venue: Leicester University

Source: Audience

One of the most balanced audience recordings IMO, sounds much better than the overrated Ipswich (11/16/71) recordings, the vocals are quite harsh on those.

Fantastic show...love the "SHAFT" quote during "Dazed and Confused". But this is a 1972 thread. ;)

why would anybody ever type led zeppelin black beauty in a search engine?

WTF? Considering Jimmy Page played a Black Beauty I can think of many reasons why someone would do a search using those words.

Fantastic show...love the "SHAFT" quote during "Dazed and Confused". But this is a 1972 thread. ;)

OP: Can anyone reccomend any good bootlegs from 1972? Also, anything worthy from late '71 (post Japan tour)? I know there just isn't much from this time, but anything that sounds decent would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

;)

And yes, Shaft theme is awesome!

• 2 months later...

The entire Japan tour was amazing! Even though it was only 6 shows, they were all amazing in their own way. Each night was powerful and beautiful! And D&C are all very different each night and surprisingly creepy sometimes :)

You can listen to all 6 of them on my YouTube page :) Here you go. All 6 concerts are here in their own separate playlists

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo7zqkjvLA2sAfN_-cmdE6zu

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo7EBKjXSYkqbtIRNHgiCpqX

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo7JjZMhT2jTGidoUZFVC7kf

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo7jx-NKY-ufvBwVu8sxdndR

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo7erfn5_q2UB7IEERlP7YDT

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1mxam5uCo46OeG4gsHNVKlMYkro7pj4

^^ love the Nagoya '72 performance! Thank You is unbelievably beautiful! Too bad the damn Japanese audiences HAD to freaking clap constantly through every song lol.

Has anyone else seen the article about Jonsey listening to this song because it was the 1st time he used a mellotron on Thank You? I've searched for it, but never seen it again.... Wonder what copy of Nagoya '72 he has.........

Well, I've got a few shows that have been recommended here including,

New Zealand 2/25/1972

Sydney 2/27/1972

Seattle 6/19/1972

San Bernardino 6/22/1972

Nagoya 10/5/1972

Alexandria Palace 12/22/1972

As well as the lovely Leicester 11/25/1971 performance.

Thanks again everyone for the responses! GOSH I WANT A FREAKING COPY OF DENVER '72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived