Let's just say THANKS to the Boys!

:rolleyes:

Who said their heyday has passed? My son is a LZ fan, My son-in-law is a LZ fan, my nephew is only 13 and loves LZ, my grandson is only 3 years old and likes to rock to these great tunes already. I wonder when, or if, LZ will nolonger gain fans in future generations.

The song remains the same...

B)

Their "heyday" will never pass!It is on album, tape and D.V.D. and will be on formats undreamed of.

It will still be with humanity long after we, and I suspect our great great gandchildren are no longer alive to hear it.This is not the gushings of a fan, but from someone who knows that good music is eternal!.

I don't like heavy metal or hard rock, pop, country, jazz, classical, folk or any other music genre that now panders to a niche audience, and sadly separates us.

What I like is good MUSIC; Music that achieved what it set out to do.I believe Led Zeppelin had easily achieved this by 1971.

Everything else they did was just cream.

I first discovered them as a 8 year old in 1976 when I found Houses of the Holy in my brothers collection, although I must admit I was drawn to the images on the cover before I heard the music.

I remember seeing SWTH played many times on T.V and although I enjoyed the song, my true revelation came in 1983, when I could afford all of the albums.

As a body of work they were completely awe inspiring and also perfectly complementery to my own personal rediscovery of the culture of my ancestors (and my older brothers!)

It was indeed the soundtrack of my youth that has always been with me, never to disappoint.

Well I am touched by all the sentiments I have read here. I have been a Zep fan since the beginning. I'm 64 years old. I knew all those many years ago that Zep was the greatest and boldly told it to everyone who would listen lol.

I was allowed to personally email Robert about a year or so ago. Like you guys I just wanted to thank him for all the great music. It was an honor to know that he read what I had to say.

Led Zeppelin will not be touched. They are the best.

Merry Christmas Led Zeppelin and a Happy New Year to all the fans.

Trexx

How in the world did you get to email Robert??? I would love to do that!!

How in the world did you get to email Robert??? I would love to do that!!

Well I would love to tell you; but I can't as I made a promise to the person who arranged it. It was a thrill. I seen the Might Zep 4 times in my 64 years. I saw Robert on each tour to North America. Been a fan since day one. I just had a need to thank Robert and the guys for the great music. I think my age and my health played a big part. I am forever grateful to the wonderful person who arranged it.

Merry Christmas

• 8 months later...

I wish the guys could see these posts... They have meant so much to so many for so long. I had the opportunity to shake Robert's hand during a concert in Toledo, OH in 1988. It was after a concert when he started to play Zep songs again. I wish I could shake all their hands and simply say... THANK YOU!

:D

I wish the guys could see these posts... They have meant so much to so many for so long. I had the opportunity to shake Robert's hand during a concert in Toledo, OH in 1988. It was after a concert when he started to play Zep songs again. I wish I could shake all their hands and simply say... THANK YOU!

:DCan you even imagine the lives Led Zeppelin have touched...There is no music that will ever compare to the talent of those 4 men....Its a joy to listen to how they worked together....with respect for each other....unbelievable music...Are there words to describe their music????? I dont think so...

I THANK YOU LED ZEPPELIN...for the memories & joy you have given me..PRICELESS

An big THANK YOU to Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason ......... along with the organizers, promoters and to Ahmet's family. It was a fantastic show. It was great to finally see Led Zeppelin. It may not have been LZ from 69-80..... but it was damn close. Can't wait to get the official release (..... still waiting..... and waiting..... and waiting....etc.)

Looking forward to whatever else comes along... weather it is LZ, solo, or something else. Thanks for the inspirational music all these years.

Cheers

:D

• 2 weeks later...

:notworthy: ALL HAIL TO THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN :notworthy:

I was never fortunate enough to see you. Due to one misfortune after another, it never happened, did it. It was not to be.

It will I suppose be forever a monkey on my back, and an albatross around my neck - but, there were other (more important) monkeys, and albatrosses, and I survived those.

On behalf of myself, and all of those who saw you but who sadly are no longer with us, may I say many, many thanks - to YOU, just for being there - and to the divine powers that were surely responsible for your creation :wave:

There isnt really many words out there to fully desribe what zep means to me. So ill just leave it as a great big thank you for all the music and emotions they've given me.

To many more years... Long live the kings

• 2 months later...

It's almost 1 year later... hard to believe how time passes so quickly.

But the memory and the joy of seeing Led Zeppelin for the first time has not faded. Thanks for many who too the risk and recorded video and audio clips, I'm able to "live those moments" again and again.

So, after many years of loving this band and after one year having seen them Live in concert, I say thank you again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

Many generations from now, our decendants will marvel at the amazing music created by these talented lads. They will wonder what it was like to have lived in these times. We are the lucky ones to have known them, grew up listening to their music and the few of us who were able to see them... as they played their Swan Song.

:thanku:

It's been awhile since I have visited here. and I just wanted to say; how nice it is to come here every once in awhile, and see other people, who share and feel the same as I do about this most amazing foursome; Led Zeppelin. You guys express yourselves so well. It is easy to see how Zeppelin has touched your lives.

I am 65 years old next month. I was fortunate enough to have seen Led Zeppelin 4 times in my life. I can honestly say it was one of the highlights of my life, and I have had many. To this day I listen faithfully to the music almost daily.

Like many of you; I wished that I could personally express to the band thank you for all the wonderful music. Well life sometime can through you a curve...something you never expect can happen; and in my case it did. I got to write an email to Robert. I cannot go into the details as to how this came about. I promised the person that I would not.

It wasn't easy writing the email. I mean here it was ...my chance to write Robert; trying to find the right words was tough. I didn't want to repeat what already has been written about him, so it was really tough trying to come up with something original to say. I don't think I succeeded tho. I just thanked him and told him how the music helped me through some tough times, and that like the great artists of the past their music will last forever.

I just wish Robert had written back lol. Thank you again Guy's for all the great music, and for being who you are in life.

Thank you.

channel 33 on the satilite radio is ......(take a wild guess)

don't forget your MSG's that youve sent to us, the people..."a band on the run"

all the best for the future.

ehh if jimmy and Mr.Baldwin wanna tour...They shall

Eddy Vedder and Neil Young displayed it best. Which is, "Keep on Rock'n in the free world"

Hart of Gold-1971

holy B) ...read this either from top to bottom or bottom to top and you'll still "feel it"

I can't actually imagine living without Led Zeppelin. I listen to other bands, and I think they're good, but they aren't Zep. No-one could EVER replace them. They are the best thing that's happened to me, and the world. I can't put how i feel into words.

Robert has the most amazing voice ever. I don't care what people say he is amazing. :D

JPJ is great, he plays so many different instruments, and all of them well. ^_^

R.I.P Bonzo, you were like a thunderstorm on those drums. So sad you aren't still with us (although you are in our minds) :'(

And Jimmy... well, what can I say. Not only the greatest guitarist, but the hottest man to have ever walked the earth :wub: :wub:

There aren't words to describe how great you are.

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

i can't put what led zeppelin has meant to me,especially during the last 23 years which have been really stormy for me.led zep was always there to calm me down when i thought about doing something stupid,when i mowed the yard(wearing a walkman)just like a very dependable friend,and i have liked the solo stuff too.thanks guys,i can never repay what you have given to me all these last 40 years.

Archived