Best TV Show Theme Songs of All Time

lipslikecherries

Never watched this show, but I've heard this theme referenced many times, pretty funky!

Never heard this one before, Sath! Funky indeed! :thumbsup: It's got a really cool mix of Disco and Rock. Just the way I like it! ;)

:hysterical: This is the song which ALWAYS plays in my head when I see people chasing each other! Thanks for posting!! :D

• 1 month later...

Tour of Duty was dramatic TV series about the Vietnam War but it had GREAT music in all of the shows, lots of rock and roll, Motown and R&B in every episode. The opening was Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones and always worth just watching that part.

Later on when the show was in syndication they did not want to spend the money for continuing the rights to the various songs and especially the opening so all of the episodes had the original music replaced with some generic studio music and it really ruined the entire experience.

I don't watch TV anymore, but did when I was kid in the 60's - 70's. Most of these older shows you guys listed, we still play on kazoos and slide whistles, obviously after drinking and usually around a fire pit. I even have a recording of "Sanford and Son", with myself on harmonica. Some are good bongo songs, too - like "Hawaii Five-0" and "Batman". Really, who needs TV to entertain themselves, anyway?

• 3 years later...