PHOTO: Led Zep Attends Elvis Presley Concert in New York (MSG) 1972

sam_webmaster

Led Zep Attends Elvis Presley Concert in New York (MSG)

June 10, 1972. (afternoon show)

Members of Led Zeppelin, along with Peter Grant and Richard Cole attend Elvis Presley's afternoon concert at Madison Square Garden. LZ would perform in Buffalo later that night.

lz_elvis_6-10-72-ny-msg.jpg

...Thank you for a fascinating find!!; this would be new date; I don't recall '72 as year of LZ & Elvis

...agreed Deborah, amazing photo by the Official Site for us the fans, very thankful to our webmaster indeed!! ....I am happy to see Richard Cole safe and happy in the audience just enjoying the Karate Chops.. from distance!!

• 5 months later...

WOW!! Nice photo Sam. So Jimmy attended an Elvis concert twice:-) Nice additions as well PlanetPage :thumbsup:

What has been established now almost beyond a shadow of a doubt    is that of all the members of Led Zeppelin,  and this includes  their manager,  the one who was present in more  Elvis concerts  is Robert Plant,  who attended three of them, namely the midnight   show on  August 12, 1969, in Las Vegas, NV (with his then  wife, at the Showroom Internationale of the International Hotel),   the afternoon show   of  June 10, 1972 (  all Zep members   in attendance,  at Madison Square Garden )  in NY-NY and   on the evening of  May 11, 1974 in Los Angeles CA (at the LA Forum,  all  attending except for Bonham).   He is also the member of Led Zeppelin, or of any rock band   to have toured Graceland the most ( thrice in fact), 

Hello and welcome Guillermo!

I am a huge Elvis fan. The one regret in my life musically was that I never was able to see him live. I have only visited Graceland once.

Elvis was such an influence to Led Zeppelin. He will always be The KING IMHO! :notworthy:     

Archived