The Ashes 2015

Reggie29

^ :D

Some of the Aussie press are blaming the fact that we were stomped because the WAGS (Wives and Girlfriends) were taken on this tour,I'd prefer that we were outclassed and batted shockingly :tears:

Come on baggy green caps,lift your game and make us proud for the remainder for fuck's sake!!

And no more of these...post-1183-0-50624900-1438912392_thumb.pn

To sum up yesterday. Incredible bowling and catching from England. Appalling batting from the Baggies. Have you not learnt anything? Clarkes dismissal proves that you just can't play the game that's offered at the WACA. Fair enough the sun did get it's hat on for Englands innings, but it is the same greenish tinged pitch. We put the ball in the right areas, the Aussies didn't. We played the ball late the Aussies didn't.

There is no way that Australia are going to get a result. England will pile on the runs today and it will be an early finish Saturday.

Sorry Sean - The Oval a dead rubber

Jules: Not just Broad. Joe Root to get a century on a pitch like that. Fantastic. A first class team performance

A beautiful day this morning. Not good news for the Aussies. Trent Bridge is an hour and a half from me so I suspect the weather is the same. I will miss most of today as I am golfing but will keep an eye on proceedings throughout the day.

Reggie: Keep the faith man. It can't get any worse the yesterday so bowl well and come out fighting like I know you will. Failing that there's always the weekend to look forward to?

Knowing the Aussies like I do, the papers will not be mincing their words?

The disaster that was yesterday is long gone.

The Poms bowled brilliantly but I think their batting missed an opportunity to ram home the advantage.

Declaring with a lead of only 331 runs is not enough and is no less flattering than 9/391.

This is only day two so it's possible for Australia to score 600 and force England to bat.

The likelihood of a draw becomes more likely as long as our top order are patient and take it to the English bowlers.

Now it's 2/134 there is still hope, albeit slim.

Good recovery by Australia (compared to their disastrous batting in the 1st innings), but with 7 wickets down and still 90 runs behind, chances of putting up a big lead are practically nil.

Personally, I do not think that a draw is on the cards. It is most likely going to go England's way.

Good recovery by Australia (compared to their disastrous batting in the 1st innings), but with 7 wickets down and still 90 runs behind, chances of putting up a big lead are practically nil.

Personally, I do not think that a draw is on the cards. It is most likely going to go England's way.

If it goes Australia's way Em then I will gladly leave my house and it's contents to the Donkey Sanctuary

If it goes Australia's way Em then I will gladly leave my house and it's contents to the Donkey Sanctuary

Prince Charles has a better chance of being King than Australia does of coming back.

:hysterical: You two, are hilarious! Thanks for the laugh you guys! :D

This is a 'job posting' that I came across this morning and I honestly, couldn't believe my eyes! :shifty::P

International Cricketer (Australia)

Recruiter
Guru Careers

Posted

06 August 2015

Closes

20 August 2015

Ref

CRICKET

London (NW8, Lords)

Experience Level

Contract Type

Further information

International Cricketer (Australia)

Do you play a little bit of Cricket? Are you an Australian National or connected to one? Do you like to gloat? If it’s yes to all three, then you little Ripper! Guru Careers invites you to read on...

Invented by the English in the 16th Century, the game of Cricket has been played in Australia since the early Aussie colonisation period (banished convicts) of the 19th Century. Due to current underperforming talent, a rare opportunity has now arisen for any new Cricketers to join a deflated Ashes team hoping to avoid another humiliating test defeat.

Involved with both on and off the pitch activities, you should be the type of Cricketer capable of combining high levels of stamina (to cope with extensive periods in the outfield) with strong literacy skills (you will be required to complete homework which identifies three areas of improvement).

To qualify… Guru Careers wants to hear from egocentric Australians who can bat like Alastair Cook, bowl like Stuart Broad and field like Ben Stokes.

In more detail:

• You must know your Wrong’uns from your Pie Throwers;
  • Have perfected the art of sledging;
  • Can hold a bat and throw a ball;
  • Have the ability to remain positive at all times (especially under challenging circumstances);
  • Be able to cope with long stints in the field;
  • Have a big ego.
  • If you enjoy working outdoors, like the idea of free lunches during tests (Vegemite, Tim Tams, Chiko Rolls) and can cope with a nation’s slim hopes on your back then we want to hear from you.

Please note: We are particularly interested in hearing from talented South Africans with strong Test experience (100+) with outstanding natural ability. Previous applicants and employees need not apply. Get in touch...

Keywords: International Cricketer, Australian Cricketer, Cricket, Cricket Jobs, International Cricket Jobs, ICC, Senior Cricketing Jobs in Australia, Australian Job Adverts, Australian Cricket, Aussie, Cricketer, Cricket Jobs at the Gabba, Australia.

IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...

:whistling:

Aaaaaaargh! You bloody pommy bastards!

ha ha, only joking :)

well done, guys. You out played us by a mile in this last test.

Clarke is steeping away from the game after this series, wonder who else will do the same. Haddon, Watson....

I hope we can play better for their send offs!

More dumb American questions for you, Jules and Reggie...and CP, Emily, et al.

First...What is considered the more important event to win: The Ashes or the Cricket World Cup? Which carries the most prestige for the victorious country?

Second...Are the Cricket sides that are sent in to do battle at these events the same? Are they managed and organized under one overall national cricket group? Or are the World Cup and Ashes two entirely separate teams run under entirely separate organizations and coaches?

Three...If they are the same teams, is it possible Australia was worn out and fatigued from their World Cup victory? Can they use that as an excuse for their poor showing in The Ashes?

Thank you in advance,

Your friendly dumb American

More dumb American questions for you, Jules and Reggie...and CP, Emily, et al.

First...What is considered the more important event to win: The Ashes or the Cricket World Cup? Which carries the most prestige for the victorious country?

Second...Are the Cricket sides that are sent in to do battle at these events the same? Are they managed and organized under one overall national cricket group? Or are the World Cup and Ashes two entirely separate teams run under entirely separate organizations and coaches?

Three...If they are the same teams, is it possible Australia was worn out and fatigued from their World Cup victory? Can they use that as an excuse for their poor showing in The Ashes?

Thank you in advance,

Your friendly dumb American

Hi Strider,

Now that the disaster is behind us we can now move on.

The big test for any side is to win away from home.

I'm not surprised with the result so far just a bit disappointed in the poor batting, the bowling by both teams was about even going into Trent Bridge but England improved where we did not.

Clarke retiring didn't come as a shock either given his recent injuries and had it been another player he wouldn't have even toured let alone played.

I think Smith should take over as captain immediately for the remaining matches, though I doubt it will happen,

In answer to your questions.

They are two different formats.

I think it's fair to say for Australia and England at least, The Ashes is far ahead the better contest due to the historical significance and the games are scheduled for almost a weeks play.

Playing tests against any and all nations is the most prestigious and what every player aspires to.

World Cup's are limited to 50 overs per side and are over in a matter of hours but a lot of Cricket is jammed into 4 - 5 weeks, still, they are good to win and carry their own air of prestige and bragging rights too.

Some countries like Bangladesh, Kenya, Sri Lanka and so on are dominant in One Day International's, yet struggle to win test matches.

Yes and no.

Some players play in both formats and the management is usually the same.

They may have additional coaching and medical staff for one day Cricket teams.

Ther are some test players who only play tests and not ODI's, some have stepped down / dropped from tests and only play ODI's and others that play both.

Teams are picked on form for WC's and test players are monitored for injuries and form and so on, the rule of thumb is if they can play, they will play.

In the event test players aren't available then it opens up opportunities for others

T20 (Twenty / Twenty) has changed things around a bit and a lot of up and coming players progress into the one day and even test matches because the bash and dash nature of the game sets them up well for WC's and other ODI's.

One could argue that could be the reason. I believe it was more about attitude, complacency and injuries more than fatigue.

Our best test bowler Ryan Harris was ruled out before a ball was bowled and prevented someone else touring and Clarke has had chronic back problems for the last few years.

There were reports of tension among the WAGS (wives and girlfriends) and one commentator even suggested they shouldn't accompany them on tour.

Test players are away from home about 6 - 8 months every year and there is an argument they play too much.

The flipside is they may not play enough between tours.

Back in the day touring teams had more warm up games than they do now and teams were away for the whole summer not just a few weeks.

The facts are England aimed up at Trent Bridge and we didn't.

The pitch was better prepared and suited the home team, as it should be.

The best performing team won the match and it seems the series, unless we can win the next two games or at least win one and draw the other to enable us to retain the Ashes.

Funny game Cricket, unbeatable one day then unwinnable the next.

Hope that helped, Sean..

Hi Strider,

I'm not surprised with the result so far just a bit disappointed in the poor batting, the bowling by both teams was about even going into Trent Bridge but England improved where we did not.

Clarke retiring didn't come as a shock either given his recent injuries and had it been another player he wouldn't have even toured let alone played.

I think Smith should take over as captain immediately for the remaining matches, though I doubt it will happen,

I think it's fair to say for Australia and England at least, The Ashes is far ahead the better contest due to the historical significance and the games are scheduled for almost a weeks play.

Playing tests against any and all nations is the most prestigious and what every player aspires to.

World Cup's are limited to 50 overs per side and are over in a matter of hours but a lot of Cricket is jammed into 4 - 5 weeks, still, they are good to win and carry their own air of prestige and bragging rights too.

Some countries like Bangladesh, Kenya, Sri Lanka and so on are dominant in One Day International's, yet struggle to win test matches.

Yes and no.

Ther are some test players who only play tests and not ODI's, some have stepped down / dropped from tests and only play ODI's and others that play both.

Teams are picked on form for WC's and test players are monitored for injuries and form and so on, the rule of thumb is if they can play, they will play.

In the event test players aren't available then it opens up opportunities for others

T20 (Twenty / Twenty) has changed things around a bit and a lot of up and coming players progress into the one day and even test matches because the bash and dash nature of the game sets them up well for WC's and other ODI's.

One could argue that could be the reason. I believe it was more about attitude, complacency and injuries more than fatigue.

Our best test bowler Ryan Harris was ruled out before a ball was bowled and prevented someone else touring and Clarke has had chronic back problems for the last few years.

There were reports of tension among the WAGS (wives and girlfriends) and one commentator even suggested they shouldn't accompany them on tour.

Test players are away from home about 6 - 8 months every year and there is an argument they play too much.

Back in the day touring teams had more warm up games than they do now and teams were away for the whole summer not just a few weeks.

The best performing team won the match and it seems the series, unless we can win the next two games or at least win one and draw the other to enable us to retain the Ashes.

Hope that helped, Sean..

Perfectly, Reggie. Thank you.

Hi Strider,

Yes and no.

Hope that helped, Sean..

Whilst you have eloquently explained the answers to Sean's questions Reggie, I don't get the point you have made as I've underlined. Did you pen this before Trent Bridge?

Whilst you have eloquently explained the answers to Sean's questions Reggie, I don't get the point you have made as I've underlined. Did you pen this before Trent Bridge?

It had been a long day and obviously the meds weren't working or the ganga worked too well!

Hopefully we can get a win this week but I wouldn't put the farm on it.

See you down under two years from now.

There is pride at stake Sean. A 4-1 is far worse than a 3-2. The Baggie greens need a victory to placate the press, if nothing else! After this there are a smattering of one day and 20/20 games. If they lost them then it would be a sorry bunch who touch down in Melbourne.

Archived