Bonham says Led Zep reunion was 'surreal'

The more I read about what Jason has to say the more I like him. What a nice guy he must be. That is unlike my favorite drummer who seems to be an ass to all. Neil Peart of Rush.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonham says Led Zep reunion was 'surreal'

LONDON, Dec. 19 (UPI) -- Jason Bonham was still buzzing about the Led Zeppelin reunion show in London a week and a half after the concert.

Bonham sat in for his late father, founding Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, at the show, which marked the group's first public appearance in 19 years. The performance was part of a tribute to the late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who signed Led Zeppelin to its recording contract.

"It still ... kind of feels surreal, like it never really happened in some way," said Bonham, who's regular gig is playing drums for Foreigner. "If you'd have wanted a moment for everyone to get it right at one point, that was it. It's very, very special for me."

Led Zeppelin has only played three times since the elder Bonham's death in 1980 -- at the 1985 Live Aid concert in Philadelphia, at the 1988 Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert and at the private Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 1995.

Despite myriad rumors about more shows, Bonham said that, "I wouldn't know. ... Only time will tell."

Link

Thanks! Jasons character seems that of a humble man.

But what you say about Neil Peart (one of the worlds best drummers) being an ass? ha thats funny

Describing Jason as a humble man is perfect words. I was wanting to put it like that. About Neil was what I said too harsh or not true? I know that Neil could take lessons from Jason on coming across like a real Human Being.

Great post. Jason is such a humble guy. Like father like son i guess. I like how he says that only time will tell. The less the members dismiss it (other than Plant) i begin to wonder....

As for Neil: He is a great drummer and maybe the most technically gifted to ever play, but he seems to be very quiet and to himself. I wouldn't say he's an ass, just a little reserved. I believe that the sudden deaths of his wife and daughter over a short span of time had/has caused to withdraw from the public a little more in the past 5-10 years. I would call him a little less personable from other people in the music industry, but he is a gifted musician and tours with Rush constantly and satisfies fans with good music all the time. I can see how you might think he is an "ass." I would just think of it differently and use a different term.

Archived