The Magnitude of Kim Fowley's Monstrosity

Strider

That is not a good parent to allow herself to be conned that way. I never automatically trusted anyone with my kids, not coaches, not teachers, not church people, not neighbors, friends or even family. Pedophiles are master manipulators and for this mother to trust strangers with her daughter was just plain foolish.

You can never be too overprotective when it comes to being a parent.

So you kept your kids locked in a closet?

Whoa, whoa, whoa guys. Let's not start comparing parenting skills..believe me, there are no perfect ones out there. Least of all me.

Disco: well duh, not every kid is lucky enough...that's the point I was trying to make. It is what is almost always the case in situations like these! Good grief. Just look at the Catholic Church for cripe sakes...can you imagine the guilt these parents have? And yet the church is still alive and well...smh...but that's a different show...

No, you can't keep kids in a closet, but exposing them to fame at a tender age is irresponsible. IMHO....UNLESS you have the means to make good solid contacts in the business and keep a close eye...but let's face it, most do not have that available...that lifestyle is seen and painted as a way out of a most often destitute situation. It's sad, really.

No, did you serve your's up on silver platter to scumbags?

Unless you think a 14 year old girl should at anytime be alone in the company of adult men of questionable character then that is your call; I'm wise enough to know better. Most people wouldn't leave their wallet unattended, their car unlocked, or their dogs off a leash---- why they just let the most important human beings in their lives out loose among sharks and wolves is why this world is as fucked up as it. As an adult you should make decisions for your kids until they are competent enough to make their own good decisions for themselves and then you monitor their progress as you give them more leash.

My prior comment about not trusting my chidren to other people was not to say that they were kept in a closet. It was to say that nobody would have ever had the opportunity to take advantage of them because my wife and I made it very clear that we were well engaged in our children. My point was that pedophiles and assholes like this Fowley guy usually select victims which they know they can get away with this shit. They don't prey on the ones where they will get caught--- they are wolves constantly on the hunt.

I agree with you for the most part. However, I was a teenager during the 1970's. My parents were strict and overprotective but even so, I enjoyed more freedom than my 19 year old niece did during her high school years. My recollection is that most American parents were more naive and trusting back than they are today.

We could bring back the Cadaver Synod and pull a Pope Formosus on Fowley's ass.

Between this and the Cosby scandal, I am starting to believe that it was the scene which looked upon these young girls and fragile women as nothing more than disposable commodities. These were famous men and in their minds it seems these girls were theirs for the taking. If they said no or resisted they just figured "well, you should have thought about that before you showed up at the after-party dressed like a whore." This shit is still going on today on college campus's and the dude(s) usually get away with it.

Pathetic.

Archived