Jimmy Page Promo Appearances - Toronto, July 2015

sam_webmaster

Why does it really matter if someone writes or stamps their name anyway? What value does it bring to the recipient either way? Celebrity worship is beyond dumb and I can't get my mind around the reasons people line up so someone can write or stamp their name on a piece of paper. You already know their name and it's not like the signer of autographs is going to have a real conversation with all of the people on line. Sheesh!

Why does it really matter if someone writes or stamps their name anyway? What value does it bring to the recipient either way? Celebrity worship is beyond dumb and I can't get my mind around the reasons people line up so someone can write or stamp their name on a piece of paper. You already know their name and it's not like the signer of autographs is going to have a real conversation with all of the people on line. Sheesh!

If it's a book or album wouldn't an autograph increase its value many years down the line?

If it's a book or album wouldn't an autograph increase its value many years down the line?

Yes, generally speaking, on account of the demand for one from autograph collectors or those who do appreciate autographed items. Uniquely stamped copies, in this case a book, can also increase in value though not nearly as much as a personally autographed one.

Signed editions of books by the author can be worth a lot, however with Jimmy I cannot understand who gave this advice, first editions are just that, reprints have a lesser value.

Stamping books with a signature is not the done thing, unless you are Sir Steven Hawking , did Jimmy actually stamp the book himself or did a assistant do it. :thumbdown:

• Administrators

Toronto had Zep fever while JP was here in town last week. Great to have this intimate event take place at the former legendary Rock Pile. The interview from that night airs on Q107 August 2nd.

7212015-toronto.jpg

Hi Patrycja!

Did you attend? :-)

^^^ So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Patrycja, if you were fortunate to attend, would love to hear more details!!

:)

Hi ladies, so it might be a moot point by now given the time that's passed to provide an account of the event, but I will still try, it's just I've been plagued by a series of computer problems and am reduced to my cell once again, which frustrates me greatly to use for reading and typing anything beyond a couple of lines... I do hope most will be very finally fixed tonight...

• 2 years later...

Archived