The Next Jimmy Page Studio Album

I re-read a 2008 Uncut magazine this week, in which Jimmy says of his new music (something like) "I'm ready to put it out there". obviously his definition of ready means in more than 8 years

emperor and new clothes?

I re-read a 2008 Uncut magazine this week, in which Jimmy says of his new music (something like) "I'm ready to put it out there". obviously his definition of ready means in more than 8 years

emperor and new clothes?

It does make one wonder.  Is Page merely trying to bullshit his fans or is he also bullshitting himself?

As much as I wish he would write music and make an album. I do get how that may not be
reached. It's the part of him not touching a guitar in front of an auidence that's making me
scratch my head. It's just been far far too long since he even did a suprise gig or joined
anyone on stage even for a couple of songs in an encore. i.e. Jones with Foo Fighters
A year or 2 maybe with him promoting the re-masters understandable, but now it's gone
on absurdly way too long.  I know this has been discussed before, but are we 100% positive
Jimmy's hands are fine?  Because nothing is making sense at this point.

I bought the art print of led zeppelin 4 signed by Page and the gallery that I bought it from told me that he had to take several rests while signing them all (250) due to discomfort in his hands caused by mild arthritis. and a photo was shown her (I think by SAJ) from the 98 tour with him with his hands in an ice bucket at the side of the stage

however he played the O2 gig with seemingly no problems so it cant have been that bad by 2007, unless he had injections or whatever

Disco duck said: It does make one wonder.  Is Page merely trying to bullshit his fans or is he also bullshitting himself?

I wonder that too, maybe if he keeps saying it he'll believe it himself. all I know is someone I knew kept saying they were going to do something every year for nearly 15 years and didn't. I'd call them out as a liar

I have no gripe either way if he wants to play or record or not, and probably would prefer the latter, its the endless bullshit I object to. he must think we're all chumps. he certainly thinks we are when he tries to sell us JP mugs and polo shirts at vastly overpriced rates. it's very unbecoming all round

I bought the art print of led zeppelin 4 signed by Page and the gallery that I bought it from told me that he had to take several rests while signing them all (250) due to discomfort in his hands caused by mild arthritis. and a photo was shown her (I think by SAJ) from the 98 tour with him with his hands in an ice bucket at the side of the stage

however he played the O2 gig with seemingly no problems so it cant have been that bad by 2007, unless he had injections or whatever

Disco duck said: It does make one wonder.  Is Page merely trying to bullshit his fans or is he also bullshitting himself?

I wonder that too, maybe if he keeps saying it he'll believe it himself. all I know is someone I knew kept saying they were going to do something every year for nearly 15 years and didn't. I'd call them out as a liar

I have no gripe either way if he wants to play or record or not, and probably would prefer the latter, its the endless bullshit I object to. he must think we're all chumps. he certainly thinks we are when he tries to sell us JP mugs and polo shirts at vastly overpriced rates. it's very unbecoming all round

Is he really hawking polo shirts and mugs with his image?  

Well it's good to know some realize this matter is much more complex than some may think. Remember

that despite all the accolades Page has gotten, he is still very insecure about his playing. Recall that at his 

best, arguably 73', there were still many inconsistencies in his playing compared to his peers. So his nerves

are a problem, and so must have been the ENORMOUS frustration with Plant's refusals. No one can doubt

that Jimmy's playing simply jumps up a few notches when Plant is around. I'm sure Jimmy liked some of the singers tried out, but  nobody shakes him like Robert. All the other stuff, the stonewalling, the constant

solo pronouncements, are unfortunate. I think Jimmy feels frustrated, and doesn't think going out with

another singer would be sincere.

Mithril46 raises some good points. Another problem is that the longer time goes on, the larger the expectation becomes. I would like to see Jimmy get in the studio and do some instrumental stuff that is less commercial, a la Jeff Beck. It could be a mix of "traditional" format songs with drums, etc. and some more eerie soundtrack stuff. Get a bunch of top notch studio musicians and just get in the studio and play, Jimmy. Forgot about singers and tours, just do an instrumental album. I really love the drummer Dave Weckl. I think he would a great choice on the skins.

Well it's good to know some realize this matter is much more complex than some may think. Remember

that despite all the accolades Page has gotten, he is still very insecure about his playing. Recall that at his 

best, arguably 73', there were still many inconsistencies in his playing compared to his peers. So his nerves

are a problem, and so must have been the ENORMOUS frustration with Plant's refusals. No one can doubt

that Jimmy's playing simply jumps up a few notches when Plant is around. I'm sure Jimmy liked some of the singers tried out, but  nobody shakes him like Robert. All the other stuff, the stonewalling, the constant

solo pronouncements, are unfortunate. I think Jimmy feels frustrated, and doesn't think going out with

another singer would be sincere.

My top 5 guitar players all suffer or suffered from thinking they were not worthy. I really don't get it. They need the Leo in them to stand up and say, 'this is me, this is what I created' and not be scared. And Jimmy is at the top of my list, and of course he appears to suffer from it as well.

Really, the main point to remember is early in 2015 he said "new music and live converts in 2015, probably later in the year rather than earlier".  And as Mr. Jones points out, we are now in Sept.  Unless he has secretly recorded a whole album of material, there is zero chance of new music and live shows in this calendar year, given his working pace.

Who knows, maybe he has recorded it a bit already and just being quiet about it.

White is right on...and Hendrix was supposedly almost lost when he didn't have a guitar in his hands.

Of course Steve has a ton of logic and evidence to back him up. However who predicted that after Zep,

Page IMO until Outrider really fell apart. I know some like the Firm , but really I thought Page on his own

would really push some boundaries and continue to amaze. DW2 was interesting but as mentioned Page

needs a Robert "Leo " type to push all doubts out of the way. Otherwise Jimmy should try his hand at 

at his more ethereal or sorcerer type stuff.

It's all speculation, that's the problem. He mentioned that after the remasters are done that he would be persueing a solo career in some format according to Rolling Stone magazine. Well they are done, I think the bigger problem might be direction. He did say it would be a different direction than what would be expected, but that could mean anything.

There are many of you wanting an instrumental album, be careful what you ask for, see Joe Satriani. While Joe is a Top 5 guitar player in my book, I lose interest at about 20 minutes, perhaps that's why I only own the ep he put out a long time ago. Not to diss either player, both phenomenal musicians,

It's all speculation, that's the problem. He mentioned that after the remasters are done that he would be persueing a solo career in some format according to Rolling Stone magazine. Well they are done, I think the bigger problem might be direction. He did say it would be a different direction than what would be expected, but that could mean anything.

There are many of you wanting an instrumental album, be careful what you ask for, see Joe Satriani. While Joe is a Top 5 guitar player in my book, I lose interest at about 20 minutes, perhaps that's why I only own the ep he put out a long time ago. Not to diss either player, both phenomenal musicians,

To be honest, Page is probably the best Rock Guitarist to do a fully instrumental album.

Assuming that is what he would do. I have to wonder if he did an album of all different guitar styles, staying away from Rock, how well it would be received. I think it would be cool to see him do an album like Slash's first solo album, with guest vocalists.

Why on earth would Page want record a with a dead American politician?

Perhaps Mr White actually meant Pat MONAHAN, the singer from the band Train?

Don't be so literal, princess.  I was being ironic with a hint of silly.  As to the notion presented, because it is just as rational a though of JP producing any sort of new material :)

Archived