Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

He rarely takes a bad picture, that Mr. Page.

It has been known...

z1_zpse6074382.png

z2_zpsb861bb4a.jpg

j765_zps75dc9cfc.jpg

o797_zps2edac7c7.jpg

j11_zps7d60d766.jpg

h765_zps0bf876f8.jpg

j99_zps5885b30c.jpg

j8_zps8d961d05.jpg

j9_zps925253b6.jpg

j10_zpsed5c7f02.jpg

...although, prior to about 1977, not often.

I'd add anything where he's sporting the boot-polish-as-hair-dye look (circa 1993-2006), and all those ones with the velvet jacket and indoor sunglasses where he looks like Karl Lagerfeld.

Wow Scylla .. Thanks for all that you post, and it seems you have a command of the less wonderful images as well as the lovelier ones, and I can't think where you find them all ..

I do think you've almost posted too many photos to prove your point ( some aren't really bad, they're just taken at an untimely moment ! ) But of the bad ones, there is an obvious one which is so painful to see, and I wonder if it would be better not to post?

I also find it so hard to recognise Jimmy in the penultimate one: the jacket seems identical to the one worn in the final photo you posted , and the grey-TShirt guys are also similar in the last two photos. But he looks SO different : what do you know about the dates/circumstances ?

It has been known...

I'd add anything where he's sporting the boot-polish-as-hair-dye look (circa 1993-2006), and all those ones with the velvet jacket and indoor sunglasses where he looks like Karl Lagerfeld.

Some of those pictures are really tough to look at. Saddening. And I'm pretty sure that all men had crap hair dye in the '90s. :P

I do think you've almost posted too many photos to prove your point ( some aren't really bad, they're just taken at an untimely moment ! ) But of the bad ones, there is an obvious one which is so painful to see, and I wonder if it would be better not to post?

I also find it so hard to recognise Jimmy in the penultimate one: the jacket seems identical to the one worn in the final photo you posted , and the grey-TShirt guys are also similar in the last two photos. But he looks SO different : what do you know about the dates/circumstances ?

The knowledge that he made such a good recovery alleviates the pain for me... here's some pics of him looking lovely and healthy and happy after cleaning up, to make up for it...1987_zps19f5632b.jpg

1992_zps6d27c5b1.jpg

1990_zps5f6f5cf1.jpg

No, they're different jackets - the black one with the purple sparkly bits on the shoulders and the brown one with the glittery bits, both of which were worn in Zeppelin days.

There are these which I have labelled as "1983 or 1984" - I don't know anything else (and I'm not even sure if the top one goes with the others):

1_zpsda912e3d.jpg

3_zps9d450cfd.jpg

2_zps271da76a.jpg

Then there's these, with similar outfit (note different scarf) which I have saved as "possibly 1985" but I don't know details:

poss1985a_zps8f160ddb.jpg

poss1985_zps9e0a4b89.jpg

Then there's these which I believe are December 1983 at the Rainbow Club, LA:

b_zps0c75554c.jpg

e_zps2277a672.jpg

c_zps4714825b.jpg

a_zps0cd7597c.jpg

d_zps7078e1d7.jpg

No doubt someone around here has more details.

Edited by scylla

It'd also be cool if anyone can furnish more detail on these (1983?):

g7_zps66494256.jpg

g8_zpsc5f730eb.jpg

g9_zpse2da81e4.jpg

Edited by scylla

Some of those pictures are really tough to look at. Saddening. And I'm pretty sure that all men had crap hair dye in the '90s. :P

Rock stars certainly did...I mean, Jimmy was giving Paul McCartney a run for his money in the bad-hair stakes. You'd think people with their resources could at least go to Daniel Galvin or something. I have this awful image of them stocking up on the Just For Men and slathering it on themselves in their bathrooms, because like most men they couldn't admit to their own vanity and get it done properly. Then I start wondering if their wives had to help them... or if, perhaps, their wives had to just...pretend they didn't notice.

And it such a shame, because the little bit of grey really suited him all along.

Not silly! I, too, go bonkers seeing unidentified photos. Some people are perhaps satisfied just to look, but I want to know *everything*.

Sorry, didn't mean to be replying to a post of my own. I don't know how to delete posts from the thread.

Edited by lif

Some still have crap hair dye jobs today. I wonder just how gray Jeff Beck really is, for instance.

Rock stars certainly did...I mean, Jimmy was giving Paul McCartney a run for his money in the bad-hair stakes. You'd think people with their resources could at least go to Daniel Galvin or something. I have this awful image of them stocking up on the Just For Men and slathering it on themselves in their bathrooms, because like most men they couldn't admit to their own vanity and get it done properly. Then I start wondering if their wives had to help them... or if, perhaps, their wives had to just...pretend they didn't notice.

And it such a shame, because the little bit of grey really suited him all along.

Scylla I'm in awe - partly because of your amazing facility to post SO many images .. but also this comment is spot on and very funny!

JP's decision to go silver was absolutely inspired - but for so many years in between there was frankly a crashingly artificial dark head of hair. It did look as if your Just for Men theory was going on ... but it's odd if so because I don't think Jimmy has issues about not appearing vain..

As for your preceding photos : thanks for the cheerful sequence, lovely to see ..

And as to the others, God bless the bodyguards, whoever they were.. they obviously had their work cut out and to see them action is to feel pretty grateful..

Good morning fellow Pagettes,

How are you all doing? Hope all is well.

As I am drinking my morning coffee and starting my day, I am reading up on what I have been missing the last few weeks...

Some great pictures again and also some interesting discussions.......

You know ladies, when Jimmy was young, he was such a beautiful young man. Thick dark hair, green eyes and a very pretty face.

Not to mention his talent and musical skills, Jimmy is someone who always was different and I mean different in a good way. Jimmy can take that remark as a compliment.

To me it is such a shame that by the mid 70's he started to have issues with his heroin addiction, that off course never is good for both your health and your looks........

So yes, for me too, there are pictures from that period I find hard to look at...........

However, I am very glad he eventually managed to deal with these issues and today he seems happy and healthy.

As for Jimmy and vanity. In his young years he really did seem to care about his looks, he sure had a fashion-sense of his own (and I like it).

I feel that when he got a bit older it took him a while to come to terms with his age, so that is why I think he kept coloring his hair for so long.

Today he seems comfortable with his age and his silver hair.

See the added picture, good hairstyle for his older self (I like this better than the ponytail).

Have a great day ladies,

Maaike

post-28467-0-43646300-1411025306_thumb.j

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld

See the added picture, good hairstyle for his older self (I like this better than the ponytail).

I gotta say I'm not so fond of that hairstyle and do prefer the ponytail, as it gets the hair out of his face without having short hair. But then I love long hair on men (providing they have good hair, of course).

d0f46f4d02933198b38b8590402bf6d9.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/f4/6f/d0f46f4d02933198b38b8590402bf6d9.jpg

Edited by lif