Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

I'm not on this thread for very long time, maybe 15 days or more. I was and am sorry because most of the Jimmy fans felt kicked out by ''drooling fan girls''. But it was fun. It was a great place to laugh after annoying day or stressful one. I had a lot of exams then and this was the place where I could post silly comments and drool over one very hot looking man.

I know sometimes we... errr... Crossed the boundary and some of the comments (I feel most of mine) were silly. But maybe the best for all would be three threads:

- HPOJ -this thread-but just with pics and some 'normal' comments

- Cool Pics of J. where all of the members can post pics, and

- Fantasy drooling thread for us who 'destroyed' the previous one

And I don't think the underlined part is true.

Lena I'd try and forget about the whole thing. It is maing tension throughout the thread and towards the members which is not what we want. the HPOF thread was my secape too but there is a new one so can we drop it please...pretty please :D

I don't believe that underline part of your statement, longdistancewinner is true. Quite the opposite. This is an escape for me too. It also has been bothering me through the day, the last 3 days! That shouldn't happen. I am very releived Lucia has begun a fresh thread and perhaps we can start again. The tension is very unpleasant. This 'fight' has not made the site fun anymore, which is what I said this morning.

Please let's end this?!

I don't believe that underline part of your statement, longdistancewinner is true. Quite the opposite. This is an escape for me too. It also has been bothering me through the day, the last 3 days! That shouldn't happen. I am very releived Lucia has begun a fresh thread and perhaps we can start again. The tension is very unpleasant. This 'fight' has not made the site fun anymore, which is what I said this morning.

Please let's end this?!

I think ending this is a great idea. But I do want to point out that if it has not been fun for you for the last three days, imagine what it has been like for the rest of us for the past three months or more. One of the most popular threads had been hijacked by a half-dozen people who insisted all posters share their personal approach to the topic, oblivious to the fact that hundreds of people belong to this board and were, if they wanted to look at pics of Jimmy, forced to read that half-dozen people's comments. Every effort has been made to accommodate this tiny group, by leaving you this thread (and now you have a new one of your very own, also), while the rest of the members begin over in another thread. So forgive me if I don't see any reason whatsoever for complaint on the part of this group, whose "fun" had been at the expense of everybody else's. (This was pretty immature, which would have been more forgivable if all the members of the group actually were young teenagers.)

But now that's all over! Everybody has their own thread, we can all enjoy the pics in our own way. Happy ever after, OK? :)

Please let's end this?!

It ended a while back. To be honest, whatever had to be resolved already has. There's no need to bother with my post anymore.

I appreciate that you may have felt like that, but some of us have felt like we were unable to visit that thread for weeks, possibly months. I know I had. I think I speak for most people when I say that we come here to have a bit of lighthearted fun and to 'escape'. There's no fun in reading smutty comments. Some of us respect him enough to realise that not only may he have friends and family reading on his behalf, but he may not appreciate it himself.

It's like I said earlier, for me, it wasn't so much about the comments (althought they played their part), but the flippant attitude some people took afterwards. It very much seemed to be a matter of 'deal with it or piss off' (my interpretation). Of course, such words were never spoken, but that was the tone I picked up on - particularly with the 'newer' posters. I don't like fighting, but, just like you were able to comment on photos of Jimmy, I wanted to point out that not all of us enjoy reading those comments. We're all fans of his - some of us just prefer to keep our appreciation down to a minimum.

I'm sorry if what I said hurt or upset anyone. I'll no doubt piss someone else off with what I've just said, but it's too late here for me to even care. You get to say your peace; I get to say mine.

And I fully agree with you, Aqua. You always beat me to it :D

Edited by longdistancewinner

Great to see a lot of photos here I'd not seen before (apologies if they were posted in another thread and I missed it). I love the guitar he's got in the one above my post - very unusual looking!

Yes. He does play it in the "Take Me For A Little While" video. That is also probably one of my very favorite pictures taken by Ross.

Edited by aen27

Imagine how special he'd have looked if he'd been wearing that shirt with those plaid pants. :ph34r:

I don't want to think about that right now. I can't. I want to chalk it up to madness, but the man had both garments in his wardrobe at one time. What was he thinking?

:o

He is the only man I've seen that has the ability to look both beautiful and like he just dressed in the dark. That's a gift. Not many men can do that.

Nobody's forbidden anyone to drool. It's just that some of us feel like we've been assed out of this thread by the droolers who've taken it too far. HPOJ is a 10 year-old thread resurrected on this forum. We were all a part of it. We put a lot of love and effort into it, and now it's been basically turned into a fantasy thread. On the old board, we had fantasy threads just for that purpose. But now the pics thread has become the girls' bathroom. And THAT'S FINE! That's what "Cool Pics of Jimmy" was started for. There's room for everyone. But I can't believe people are posting like they're being oppressed. Have your uprising, but I'll tell you this, there's dozens of women who've been Pagettes for decades who don't even want to see this thread anymore. Who bleeds for the original Pagettes ladies? The ones who made up the term. So we've left the thread to you. Be happy! Have your fun! No one's complaining anymore.

Good points Ev.

You know, I think we were also "taking it too far" sometimes. Saying that there were independent factasy threads for the purpose is a weeny bit unfair and dishonest, because we were frequently drooling even in the HPOJ. I remember very vividly my or ocean's (for example... she was THE dirty one B) ) comments about "wanting to lick that nipple" and that sort of things. Although it's true that when we wanted to spend our time admiring his hairdo (for example), we just started a new thread.

HOWEVER:

If someone had ever told me to stop it because it was tasteless, I would have felt ashamed, not oppressed.

AND, either I'm really getting old, or the overall idiocy of the comments has upgraded to a completely new level.

Well... I must also add some comment. I know, I´m not a teenager anymore, though I´m feeling so sometimes. I was always very happy in this forum and I have here many friends.

And I must say:

We all REALLY DIDN´T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE !

We couldn´t know, that some people are a little hypersensitive about our drooling- really sorry if we hurt you!

And we really didn´t want to chase anybody away - this is a pure nonsens, think a little realistic! :o

Why should we want to supplant the other members? WHY???? :o :o

You left this thread - we didn´t told you: go away!

We only were a little ravished by our enthusiasm for this awesome man and like Alexandra said, it was such a relaxing after a hard working or school day.

We realy didn´t have any malicious intentions!

So, dear people, we all have now everybody what he wants and so I beg you all:

PLEASE, CANNOT WE LIVE FINALLY IN PEACE??? PLEEEEAAASE!!!! :boohoo:

Well... I must also add some comment. I know, I´m not a teenager anymore, though I´m feeling so sometimes. I was always very happy in this forum and I have here many friends.

And I must say:

We all REALLY DIDN´T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE !

We couldn´t know, that some people are a little hypersensitive about our drooling- really sorry if we hurt you!

And we really didn´t want to chase anybody away - this is a pure nonsens, think a little realistic! :o

Why should we want to supplant the other members? WHY???? :o :o

You left this thread - we didn´t told you: go away!

We only were a little ravished by our enthusiasm for this awesome man and like Alexandra said, it was such a relaxing after a hard working or school day.

We realy didn´t have any malicious intentions!

So, dear people, we all have now everybody what he wants and so I beg you all:

PLEASE, CANNOT WE LIVE FINALLY IN PEACE??? PLEEEEAAASE!!!! :boohoo:

What bothers me the most is that other members think we're not sorry. And I agree we didn't offend anyone.

I think we should forget all this and move on. No more comments, please.

PS. I realized a long time ago PEACE is a dream.

What bothers me the most is that other members think we're not sorry. And I agree we didn't offend anyone.

I think we should forget all this and move on. No more comments, please.

PS. I realized a long time ago PEACE is a dream.

You are so right!

I have once read this: "Everytime when people wanted to create heaven on Earth, they created Hell! " :)

So, let´s go and we will dedicate to the thing why we all are here- we all are fans of Led Zeppelin! And this is the main thing which we all have in common! :)