Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

I seen this on a Czechoslovakia absinthe web site hence the green Jimmy...from Absinthe the green fairy..it really was good stuff...man I recomend it to everyone..the web site to get it is absintheoriginal.com I think...any ways it was sure good stuff..I couldn't believe they shipped it right to my door. definently make this drawing of Jimmy look more better...

l7b98838ec3b24933a14888lz9.jpg

This is an absolutely amazing photograph. Possibly the best I've ever seen of him.

I'm still thinking about what it is that's captured in that photo, Aqua. Yeah, great lights, taken from an interesting perspective, good work in general - but there is something more to it. That aura, I guess.

I can't really put my finger on it either. The way that his body leans into the bow, which touches the guitar so that they all seem organically connected, the way the sunburst of light focuses on exactly the point where the bow meets the guitar, suggesting a burst of power . . . And something else intangible. That's why I LOVE black and white photography, it's so suggestive. :)

I'm still thinking about what it is that's captured in that photo, Aqua. Yeah, great lights, taken from an interesting perspective, good work in general - but there is something more to it. That aura, I guess.

It is a great photo Otto - haven't seen it before. I'm a big fan of black and white photography in general. There's just something about the timing and lighting of the photo that captures Jimmy on stage so well.

I think it is the great example of power, mystery, romance, and the hammer of the gods! ;)

I think it is the great example of power, mystery, romance, and the hammer of the gods! ;)

Well, yeah, but that's reverting to the clichéd descriptions we've all been using forever, isn't it? And the photo isn't clichéd - it really conveys power and mystery, certainly, but I think that is made possible because it isn't clichéd itself. Partly I think because there's also a kind of solitude there - something of a self-enclosed world, due to Jimmy's posture, the "magic" of the light, etc. - we can see the enigma, yet he's also shutting us out in a way, turning his back to us, leaning over the guitar and concentrating on the bowing. And this effect is even stronger because of what is NOT in the photo.

One of my favorite photos of Jimi Hendrix is a photo of him that isn't a photo of him - just his shadow silhouetted against his battered Marshall stacks. You can't see him, but it's him all right. That's how iconic his look had become (photo by Joe Sia).

hendrix_edited.jpg

To go back to the photo of Jimmy Page, the fact that you can't see his face, usually a weakness in a photo of this type, is transformed here into a strength. The iconic look he had is emphasized, and what I am calling solitude or self-enclosedness is also made more striking.

Well, yeah, but that's reverting to the clichéd descriptions we've all been using forever, isn't it? And the photo isn't clichéd - it really conveys power and mystery, certainly, but I think that is made possible because it isn't clichéd itself. Partly I think because there's also a kind of solitude there - something of a self-enclosed world, due to Jimmy's posture, the "magic" of the light, etc. - we can see the enigma, yet he's also shutting us out in a way, turning his back to us, leaning over the guitar and concentrating on the bowing. And this effect is even stronger because of what is NOT in the photo.

One of my favorite photos of Jimi Hendrix is a photo of him that isn't a photo of him - just his shadow silhouetted against his battered Marshall stacks. You can't see him, but it's him all right. That's how iconic his look had become (photo by Joe Sia).

hendrix_edited.jpg

To go back to the photo of Jimmy Page, the fact that you can't see his face, usually a weakness in a photo of this type, is transformed here into a strength. The iconic look he had is emphasized, and what I am calling solitude or self-enclosedness is also made more striking.

:bravo: Otto, you said that great!!!

Yes, that's what I was trying to get at regarding the composition of his body, the bow, and the guitar--they form a sort of circle (well, flattened circle) that makes an organic whole, so that there's no clear place where Jimmy ends and the guitar begins. It's self-sufficient, hence the effect of shutting us out--not in a hostile way, but in the sense that he's complete right there. And then the burst of power where the bow hits the guitar is like what galvanizes the whole organism--again, this is just what the photo suggests, and why b&w is so evocative.

Yes, that's what I was trying to get at regarding the composition of his body, the bow, and the guitar--they form a sort of circle (well, flattened circle) that makes an organic whole, so that there's no clear place where Jimmy ends and the guitar begins. It's self-sufficient, hence the effect of shutting us out--not in a hostile way, but in the sense that he's complete right there. And then the burst of power where the bow hits the guitar is like what galvanizes the whole organism--again, this is just what the photo suggests, and why b&w is so evocative.

:yesnod:

Between us we will soon have described the bloody photo adequately! :lol:

And count me in as a fan of black and white photography too.