Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

^ I know what you mean. I shared this a long while ago from one of my rare Zeppelin books. ;)

This was shared in the 'On the Town' thread but not here. I wish I could see better what he's buying. :D

jpwholefoodssummer13_zpsa8d66614.jpg

Fancy chocolates. Pretty sure those are Charbonnel et Walker boxes up top. Divine make bars half way down. Probably his only vice now he's so clean living and all.

He explained the reason he joined the choir in the Sunday Times interview he gave to publicise his photographic book back in 2010. I copied the full article onto the relevant thread, but here is the excerpt where he explains.

"...At the age of 12, Page seems to have had a pragmatic motive for pulling on a surplice and wailing The Lord's My Shepherd. "In those days it was difficult to access rock'n'roll music," he remembers now, "because after all the riots happened in the cinemas, when people heard Rock Around the Clock in the film Blackboard Jungle, the authorities tried to lock it all down. So you needed to tune in to the radio or go to places where you could hear it. It just so happened that in youth clubs they would play records and you'd get to hear Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ricky Nelson - but you had to either go to church or be a member of the choir to go to the youth club."

The full article may be found at http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14152-jimmy-page-sunday-times-interview/page-2?hl. I scanned it onto post no.39.

The sweet little lambkins... hey, I thought JP said his parents didn't go to church. Wonder how/why he ended up in the choir.

Edited by kenog

Many thanks, Kenog! You're a gentleman/lady and a scholar.

Omygodness, that 2010 article is outstanding. Never knew this bit: One day in 1964 he walked into EMI studios in Abbey Road and found he was making incidental music for the Beatles' first film, A Hard Day's Night. "I turned up and, lo and behold, there was George Martin," he recalls, "and I recognised the music and realised what it was." He ended up contributing background guitar to Ringo's Theme, the instrumental of the song This Boy that accompanies a morose Ringo Starr as he wanders off by the River Thames.

He explained the reason he joined the choir in the Sunday Times interview he gave to publicise his photographic book back in 2010. I copied the full article onto the relevant thread, but here is the excerpt where he explains.

"...At the age of 12, Page seems to have had a pragmatic motive for pulling on a surplice and wailing The Lord's My Shepherd. "In those days it was difficult to access rock'n'roll music," he remembers now, "because after all the riots happened in the cinemas, when people heard Rock Around the Clock in the film Blackboard Jungle, the authorities tried to lock it all down. So you needed to tune in to the radio or go to places where you could hear it. It just so happened that in youth clubs they would play records and you'd get to hear Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ricky Nelson - but you had to either go to church or be a member of the choir to go to the youth club."

The full article may be found at http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14152-jimmy-page-sunday-times-interview/page-2?hl. I scanned it onto post no.39.

Edited by FireOpal

1017377_488803827866693_1650129835_n.jpg

:wub:

Thank you from me too!