2015 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Hey 'Steal Away Now Baby'. How's it goin'? You can try. Why not go ahead and get your picks in just in case? Good luck.

THUR. SEPT. 17

L - Kansas City

SUN. SEPT. 20

Carolina

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

Minnesota

Chicago

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Cleveland

NY Giants

St. Louis

Jacksonville

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Green Bay

MON. SEPT. 21

Indianapolis

Hey panther! I'm doing great. Just joined the forum about a week ago, great community you guys got here! 

And yeah, just in case, I'll post my picks. Believe me, if I had seen this thread before the Thursday game, I definitely would've picked my Broncos over the rival Chiefs! 

Picks:

Texans

Steelers

Saints

Lions

Cardinals

Bills (not too sure if they'll actually win, but I don't like NE; I'll be rooting for the underdog at the very least)

Bengals

Titans

Falcons

Rams

Dolphins

Ravens

Eagles

Packers

Colts

THUR. SEPT. 17

Denver...Peyton Manning is now 14-1 vs. Kansas City lifetime.

SUN. SEPT. 20 

Houston...JJ Watt should be a beast for the Panthers to handle.

Pittsburgh...Aussie rugby player Jarryd Hayne didn't have quite the debut he was hoping for, but Carlos Hyde sure exploded on the scene for the 49ers. But even with the Steelers getting old defensively, they are still a tougher test for the 49ers than the Vikings were.

New Orleans...If Drew Brees and co. can't beat Winston and the hapless Bucs, the Saints are in for a long season.

Detroit...I don't know why I continue to have faith in Detroit showing they are a playoff-caliber team. 

Arizona...Is there a quarterback more frustrating to watch than Chicago's Jay Cutler? Well, besides the Raiders QBs, natch.

New England...You all know my motto: The King is King until someone actually kills the King. The Patriots are king and until Buffalo shows me different, I will continue to pick the Brady Bunch.

Cincinnati...Both Cincy and San De-Lame-O were overrated last year, and will probably be overrated this year. Philip Rivers is one of those guys you never want to see succeed.

Tennessee...Mariota vs. Manziel? I will take the Duck. 

NY Giants...I liked what I saw from Atlanta's defense last week...but who can trust the Falcons outside their cozy dome? 

St. Louis...What is Jay Gruden and Washington doing? What a disaster in DC...and the Rams look like they are for real.

Miami...Here comes Jacksonville just in time to save Miami's season...the Dolphins should have no trouble handling the Jags. If they do, then they aren't ready-for-prime-time after all.

Baltimore...Well, that didn't take long. The candle burned out on the Raiders' season before halftime in their first game. Not only that, but their locker room looked like a MASH unit with all the injured players. When fans are praying 60-year old Charles Woodson can play, you know things are bleak in the Black Hole. Ok, Woodson isn't quite that old...

Dallas...Eagles QB Sam Bradford is a quarterback who looks like a punter...too scrawny. I have doubts he will ever play an entire season without getting hurt.

Seattle...Kam Chancellor is a dick and selfishly hurting his team with his stupid holdout...but I have faith the Seahawks can still rally after last week's loss.

MON. SEPT. 21 

Indianapolis...Is Luck that terrible? We shall know more after this game. So tempted to take the Jets, but not on the road.

^Seems to be more interested in gay marriage as he posted there an hour ago, according to the Ramble On subsections times...

If he wants to spend his time worrying about gays, so be it.

We have a new player in the pottedplant NFL Pool...please welcome to our group Steal Away Now Baby Rose! :welcome2:

What  a brutal Sunday it turned out to be. Paul, you weren't the only one with blood on the sheet...just about all of us were slaughtered this week. Only one person is above .500 after Sunday's games...Anjin-san with a record of 8-7 going into MNF. Since all the people who are 7-8 have picked Indianapolis, that means Anjin-san has clinched the win for the week, as he has Indy, too. Results and season tally to be posted later Monday night after the game.

If he wants to spend his time worrying about gays, so be it.

We have a new player in the pottedplant NFL Pool...please welcome to our group Steal Away Now Baby Rose! :welcome2:

What  a brutal Sunday it turned out to be. Paul, you weren't the only one with blood on the sheet...just about all of us were slaughtered this week. Only one person is above .500 after Sunday's games...Anjin-san with a record of 8-7 going into MNF. Since all the people who are 7-8 have picked Indianapolis, that means Anjin-san has clinched the win for the week, as he has Indy, too. Results and season tally to be posted later Monday night after the game.

LOL.  Steal away huh?  Gee.  I wonder which oldie this is that has come back from the grave?  :lol:  I am scared to count my picks.  Fucking Lions are 0-2 so Bonger was right.   I am surprised by the Seattle score.  I did not stay up as i just got out of the hospital and enduring the fucking Buffalo debacle was bad enough for one day.  I missed the injury to Romo and I do feel bad for him.  I do not feel bad for Dallas fans or their owner, but I feel bad for Tony.  They have "Yankee money" so by days end they will have signed or stolen a legit QB to get them by.  I am shocked the Eagles were held to 10.  That is a real concern for the Eagles.  As for fat ass Dareus, Rex Ryan should have his two ton ass running wind sprints for 3 days at 5 am.  You got your money you fat greedy lazy bastard.  And you repay 80,000 fans that show up at the gate with a stinker.  And Bad enough half have to drive back to Rochester with their blood alchohol level in jeapardy if they are pulled over.  And the 4 hour traffic jam to think about what just happened to maybe the best defense in football at least on paper.  It had best transcend from paper to reality and might fast.  Like Miami fast.  With Miami's stinker vs Jacksonville, I am a bit confident a better effort is coming.  If you take into account the bullshit the refs pulled on us, we still had a chance to win with two minutes left and a hail Mary diving catch by that little fucking shit sealed our fate.  Otherwise, it could have been different.  I  tell you now, vengeance will be ours on a Monday night not so far down the road.  Believe it.  But before that we have some fucking fish to fry.

Thank you, glad to be here! Just wish I had gotten here earlier so I could've picked my Broncos over KC. Would've eased the pain a little bit!

If I counted right, I'm 5-10 in my debut.

To be honest, I haven't been following the NFL at all since the SB. 

After I learned that Peyton might retire, I basically quit caring until he made a decision. After he made it, I was too busy to notice.

If I had known how star-studded NYJ were, and how disjointed Indy's roster has become, I would've chosen the Jets. 

Oh well. Guess I need to start studying the league. And more importantly, my team! I honestly could not tell you who most of Denver's players are, haha.

We stunk up the joint this week.

Give it up for Anjin-san, at 8-8 the only person to not have a losing record for the week.

Week 2 Results:

Anjin-san: 8-8*

apantherfrommd: 7-9

Bong-Man: 7-9

ebk: 7-9

jb126: 7-9

Reggie29: 7-9

Walter: 7-9

zepscoda: 7-9

paul carruthers: 6-10

Strider: 6-10

in_the_evening: 5-11