How has Led Zeppelin impacted your life?

sphinnx

Well just like the title of the thread says i'm curious to see other oppinions on how Led Zeppelin has had some sort of impact or effect on your life, whether your a musician or not. I appologize if there has been a similar thread which I might've missed.

Jesus; the full answer would take years and a number of volumes-but striaght off the cuff, Zeppelin have been a part of my life for over 30 years. The music has been a comfort in my low times and has added to the thrill of the highs, either way it's always been there and has never let me down. The individuals concerned and the moments their collective talents have produced are most precious and greatly loved

i think I'm a lot of other Zep fans who wasn't born when they were still playing. It just gave me a sense of being part of something. When you saw somebody else wearing a Zep Shirt, you were instantly Friends. I meet my best bud because i saw him put a RED and GREEN CD in his portable and i knew it was one of the first four records. It was rebellious to like Older Music, and hate most of the new stuff. I actually wrote my senior year thesis on how Zeppelin change my life. I got the four symbols on my legs and they all came at a different time's with a different friend who all got a tattoo before they went off to fight the war in Iraq. I love the Chicago Cubs, but seeing Led Zeppelin live, may be right up there with the cubs winning the world series. Well i just hope i at least experience one of them.

I can tell you that Zep affected my school work because after Physical came out, i sat home and listened to it all day, every day. I got in mounds of trouble but could care less at the time.

Every Zeppelin song is a picture of my life as it went along. Some good, some bad, but in the end all worthwhile.

Zeppelin affected my life in a musical way. I am a drummer and John Bonham is a god to me. I try to play like him but one day ill be able to play Zeppelin songs in full cause i can only play certain parts from songs and i got the tabs aswell so i will be able to teach myself to play like bonham. They also affected my opinions on music and how they sound and how new music sounds and i say they aint no Zeppelin they aint gonna be as big as Zeppelin so that is how Zeppelin has Affected my Life

Well just like the title of the thread says i'm curious to see other oppinions on how Led Zeppelin has had some sort of impact or effect on your life, whether your a musician or not. I appologize if there has been a similar thread which I might've missed.

Hey-Up,

I Think the "Tattoo" on my back say's it all. If one could Love something more, than just Love it, then

"Thats the Way". Led Zeppelin are more than a "Rock Band" they are a way of Life for so many people, & a alot more Important than that. Alot of People on this Wonderful website will understand that "What we All have in Led Zeppelin", we will never See Again.

All the Best

Hang-man.

I will - I guess be grateful to them for the beautiful music they created, many of the songs I grew up with, and whenever you felt down they would cheer you up. Also for their story, they,were not just a rock group, they had a story to tell.

Nothing important but they got me sacked and introduced me to my first wife! So, they are also responsible for providing me with my 3 beautiful daughters.

I was sacked from my first job when I decided to cross The Channel from England to Belgium to see LZ in Brussels rather than stay and take some exams which were necessary for my job.

I used to wear a badge (that I'd made at The Cambridge Folk Festival in 1980) which said 'Am I Looking For A Woman Who's Never Been Born' which got me into several 'adventures' with ladies trying to prove I wasn't and eventually led me into meeting my first wife. Ultimately, she didn't do the lyric justice but she is the mother of my kids.

Hmmm, How has Led Zeppelin Affected me?

Well, after hearing Zep II for the first time, I knew that I had to the play guitar...I have been playing now for almost 30 years (next summer will be my thirtieth anniversary with the guitar.

All my kids play at least one instrument (drums, guitar, bass, mandolin, keyboards, harmonica, uke, alto and tenor sax etc.) Oh by the way its only three kids, I read that back and it kind of looked like I had a dozen; LOL.

Music has and always will have a large influence in my life and although my tastes do cover many if not all types and styles of music; I can say that Led Zeppelin has been along for the ride since the beginning. I have truley been inspired by their music.

Well, I have to get back to my kazoo practice or I will never be ready for Fridays' show!

The way they've impacted my life?

Let's see, Led Zeppelin are the pinnacle of rock and roll bands. My first foray into the was the No Quarter CD I got as a present but hardly listened to. However when I was 23 I watched VH1's 100 greatest artists of hard rock and heavy metal and was awed that Zepplein was placed at number 1. The band had gotten ALOT of respect from hard rock and metal artists all over. So the next day I went out and picked up the first album and I was blown away.

To me, Led Zepplin is a rite of passage. Hearing songs like Ramble On, Out On The Tiles, Dazerd and Confused, Your Time Is Gonna Come, Heartbreaker etc... give off a sense of amazement and musicianship. Their music is pure and all heart with soul.

I love 'em, they're the best. :D

Oh yeah, also thanks to Zep I love playing Bass guitar.

As many people of said, they've provided the soundtrack of my life.

I like many bands but none have provided me with the amazing guitar solos, vocals, drums, bass and much more Led Zeppelin have.

Their music just flows like those people were born to play together, some people cant see it but no other band bonds together like Led Zeppelin did.

And their music showed us that.

When out at bars and have gotten to the point of playing the juke box... i have air guitared and air drummed to the -led zep songs, like a fool. But c'mon you have to enjoy money well spent. :)

The music of -led zep has been positive for everyone, thats what music is all about.

Sex, drugs and Rock and Roll

Funny you should say that. I lost my virginity to Whole Lotta Love in 1969 to my then boyfriend, turned husband later on in 1975. I liked Zep alot back then, my husband's motto was Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. He bought every album, and slept around with every girl he could find while we were married, and expected me to stay with him. I grew to hate Zeppelin in the 70's because of it. I turned a deaf ear to all of their fabulous music AND most music of the 70's. I hated everything my husband stood for. The next few decades I always told people I hated 70's music.

Finally, now, coming to terms with my past. I have re-discovered 70's music and most of all- Led Zeppelin. I absolutely love them, can't get enough.

I have finally healed.

P.S. My ex-husband is dead now. I have forgiven him.

Funny you should say that. I lost my virginity to Whole Lotta Love in 1969 to my then boyfriend, turned husband later on in 1975. I liked Zep alot back then, my husband's motto was Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. He bought every album, and slept around with every girl he could find while we were married, and expected me to stay with him. I grew to hate Zeppelin in the 70's because of it. I turned a deaf ear to all of their fabulous music AND most music of the 70's. I hated everything my husband stood for. The next few decades I always told people I hated 70's music.

Finally, now, coming to terms with my past. I have re-discovered 70's music and most of all- Led Zeppelin. I absolutely love them, can't get enough.

I have finally healed.

P.S. My ex-husband is dead now. I have forgiven him.

They changed my music career,becuase they were so famous and everone was playing led at that time.So yes

Mine are so inane compared to the rest of yours haha.

Their music helps me get through finals time without jumping out the window, Jimmy Page is the reason I really wanted to learn guitar, and every day I feel better about my hair because it looks like Robert Plant's (except dark and not quite as lovely... the not as lovely part kind of depresses me though... I am a young woman :P).

I'm 64 Saw Zep live 4 times. They saved my life. Recently I felt very let down by family and friends and was basically alone, I didn't care if I lived or died, so I turned to something that brought me happiness in the past; That was Led Zeppelin.

Listening to Zep renewed my spirit and I'm still here.

Archived