• The Song Remains The Same
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Remasters / 1990 Boxset
    • BBC Sessions
    • How The West Was Won

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted HOTH, because it makes my eyes hurt. Strange but I absolutely love the colours. I WANT AN ORANGE SKY!!!

But looking at the pictures of PG is one of my favourite passtimes when I'm bored. An interactive sleeve, that's worth a nobel prize!

• 1 month later...
I voted HOTH, because it makes my eyes hurt. Strange but I absolutely love the colours. I WANT AN ORANGE SKY!!!

But looking at the pictures of PG is one of my favourite passtimes when I'm bored. An interactive sleeve, that's worth a nobel prize!

I agree with you about PG. Its my fav cover, I love the way the LP's are in seperate cases and then are in another seperate sleeve with the letters on the front of it. If you know what I mean.

Heres some info for those who care regarding real places used on some various album covers:

Led Zeppelin IV Back Cover: Butterfield Court in Dudley, England

Heres one of the buildings in the surrounding area w/ tower in background:

butterfieldcourt.jpg

Heres one of the west-facing side of the tower from a ways away:

300px-Butterfieldcourt38phwestfacin.jpg

Heres one from the top of the tower block looking out at Eve Hill, the spot where the album photo was taken by Chris Dreja of the Yardbirds:

butterfieldcourttop.jpg

Houses of the Holy Cover: Giant's Causeway on the northern coast of County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Some random shots of the interlocking basalt columns featured on the cover and gatefold:

Giants_causeway_closeup.jpg

giants-causeway-bw-big.jpg

Physical Graffiti Cover: St. Marks Place New York, New York

The actual building used on the cover:

physgraffitihouse.jpg

stmarksplaceNYNy.jpg

The first cover I loved was In Through The Out Door, buyI love the cover of Phyical Graffetti the best with all the little interesting pictures. I love the hermit in VI. The pictures inside Coda are so moving that I want to cry.

The first cover I loved was In Through The Out Door, buyI love the cover of Phyical Graffetti the best with all the little interesting pictures. I love the hermit in VI. The pictures inside Coda are so moving that I want to cry.

Holy smokes... Led Zeppelin VI!? How'd I go about gettin' that album? :D !

Me personally, I love Led Zeppelin III's cover... get a strung-out and anxious sort of feeling from the artwork same as I do from the music on the album. I don't really know how else to explain it. The sonics match artworkpretty nicely. The volvelle was the perfect thing to study while listening to the album on drugs too, if you were into that sort of thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I remember spending ages as a kid playing with the wheel on my Big Brother's LZ III (and it came out of the sleeve, Bonus!) But I still love the Corn Circle/Zeppelin shadow on the 1990 Box. So What's Yours?

PS No Coda, the sleeve sucks.

Houses of the holy, WTF there's robert plant's daughters doubled climbing naked! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

In thruogh the outdoor is great, these gilrs watching the guy.

If I look really closely I can feel that I am this man inside the cover. ( Whit my brain totally clean......with no strange sustance inside of me)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived