The World's Bigegst Led Zeppelin Fan* was there at the O2

Yep, I was at the pre-party and after-party and didn't sneak up to the VIP balcony.

Though I had a nice short chat with Noel Gallagher.

I can't add much to the descriptions of that beautiful, emotionally powerful night that others haven't already, but often I wish i could sweep these boards clean of rumour and outright un-truths about our lads.

Oh about this WBLZF?

Here's my winning video that took me to the 02.. I was limited to a 100MB file size so I couldn't show even an inth of my collection trivia or LZ songs I can play...

Enjoy

http://www.ziddio.com/oneVideo.zd?dispatch...rtifactId=39093

luaP

There we are then. Let's all go home. Wind up the website and stop having ideas and opinions and making comments. I for one certainly feel thoroughly put in my place. Your film may put an end to a lot of the more egotistical and over-assertive nonsense that goes on here. Equally it might just spark a whole lot more rubbish!! Glad you enjoyed the band. Funnily enough, that was quite a good first post,so welcome on board ..unless you've been here before...newbie!!

Yep, I was at the pre-party and after-party and didn't sneak up to the VIP balcony.

I can't add much to the descriptions of that beautiful, emotionally powerful night that others haven't already, but often I wish i could sweep these boards clean of rumour and outright un-truths about our lads.

Oh about this WBLZF?

Here's my winning video that took me to the 02.. I was limited to a 100MB file size so I couldn't show even an inth of my collection trivia or LZ songs I can play...

Enjoy

luaP

Damn.... That was funny.

Oh about this WBLZF?

Enjoy

luaP

After seeing about 6 minutes of your video I can tell you are a huge fan. Also, you seriously need to shower, and clean your home.

Congrats luaP.

After seeing about 6 minutes of your video I can tell you are a huge fan. Also, you seriously need to shower, and clean your home.

Congrats luaP.

I was clean but as I stated, at that time, i was all boxed up to move.

with all bad news in my life at that time, the trip was a rare delight.

cheers

cheers

Was teasing you. I am very happy they chose someone worthy to see the show. With all the horror stories of ticket abuse by the rich and famous, yours is a breath of fresh air. Even with a sock or two laying around. :P

cheers

Where were your seats Paul? How was the hotel stay... um.. what else?.... did you move yet?

ADDS: And you should take a look a the ZEP POLLS and vote in my poll.... Ahmet Ertegun Tribute/Led Zeppelin Reunion... You would obviously vote for "YES!! I won tickets!" ;)

Maybe I'm the only person that thinks that level of fan dedication is too much? It's about the music right? Listening to Led Zeppelin music, playing their music if you're talented enough, and watching them live when possible.

Isn't all the rest just, well, unnecessary? The rare LP covers, the autographs. The members of Led Zeppelin got into it to make music so that's all that really matters. To me anyway.

I realize I may get shot down for this viewpoint, seeing as I'm on a Led Zeppelin forum :)

Congrats on winning the competition though. I'd love to be able to play guitar that well.

This is fantastic !! I can't believe that this is only your second post here...where the hell have you been ? This forum needs people like you !!

The film is fab; informative, funny, detailed, nice cam angles, some inspired editing moments, loads of energy, keeps bringing us back to the music. Perfect....

I'm a media studies lecturer and with your permission, I'd like to show this to my students to demonstrate how to make a decent documentary....the content is perfectly matched by the style. It's a great bit of work !

You absolutely deserved to win the prize !!

An obsessive Zep fan who doesn't take himself too seriously ? I think there are one or two members of this forum who ought to be tied to a chair with their eyes pinned open and made to watch this film.

Er.....quick domestic trivia question. How on earth does your wife/girlfriend/significant other put up with all this ??

Nice Taylor and nicer noodlings.

Cheers for this.....it made my morning !!

:D:D:D

That was an awesome video! I also am speechless - sure I agree that that level of devotion is a bit too much (for me at least), but I also am so happy you won because you clearly deserved it! However, I think the world's greatest Led Zeppelin fan should know the answer to the following question - I'm actually surprised that it did not appear in your phenomenal video!

Jimmy Page studied music theory and what other subject(s) in college?

Select one of the following five choices [A-E]:

A. Magic in theory & practice.

B. The Pyramid Texts from the pyramids of Unas & Teti at Saqqara.

C. Ultra-radical surgery for patients with recurrent pelvic cancer following definitive radiotherapy.

D. Both A & C.

E. All of the above.

Maybe I'm the only person that thinks that level of fan dedication is too much? It's about the music right? Listening to Led Zeppelin music, playing their music if you're talented enough, and watching them live when possible.

Isn't all the rest just, well, unnecessary? The rare LP covers, the autographs. The members of Led Zeppelin got into it to make music so that's all that really matters. To me anyway.

I realize I may get shot down for this viewpoint, seeing as I'm on a Led Zeppelin forum :)

Congrats on winning the competition though. I'd love to be able to play guitar that well.

I'm with you NeverOffside. I believe that my brother is one of the biggest LZ fans on the planet. He doesn't have the posters. boxer shorts etc and he has never worn a LZ t-shirt in his life, he just loves the music, tries to play a little on guitar and see any members live when he can. He travelled from Australia so he could 'put his ear to the wall' when he didn't win in the ballot. He had to try to hear even a little bit of his favourite band for over 30 years.

My sister and I knew he was one fan who should be attending the gig on 10/12/07 so we managed to buy him a ticket on ebay at the eleventh hour. It cost us a lot but we had to do whatever it took to get him in. He went to the gig and has been on cloud nine ever since and will be for a very long time.

Well done on winning the competition by the way. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the night, I know my brother did.

I'm with you NeverOffside. I believe that my brother is one of the biggest LZ fans on the planet. He doesn't have the posters. boxer shorts etc and he has never worn a LZ t-shirt in his life, he just loves the music, tries to play a little on guitar and see any members live when he can. He travelled from Australia so he could 'put his ear to the wall' when he didn't win in the ballot. He had to try to hear even a little bit of his favourite band for over 30 years.

My sister and I knew he was one fan who should be attending the gig on 10/12/07 so we managed to buy him a ticket on ebay at the eleventh hour. It cost us a lot but we had to do whatever it took to get him in. He went to the gig and has been on cloud nine ever since and will be for a very long time.

Well done on winning the competition by the way. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the night, I know my brother did.

Genius Paul. Congratulations.

You kissed the pig.

That, my friend, takes the cake.

A well-deserved title if only for all the vinyl boots (and payback for all those versions of the BBC shows). :)

EDITED to add...

Hey luap, make sure you tell that doofus on your ziddio page that owning and posessing bootlegs is not illegal, but SELLING them is.

Oh about this WBLZF?

Enjoy

luaP

Brilliant video mate. I couldn't stop laughing at parts. One of my favourite bits was when you said "oooo a legitimate release, how did that get in there?" :hysterical: You have some very rare and great stuff, but I have something you don't have. :lol: Hmmm, and I may be tempted to sell you it. :lol: NOT!!!

I'll tell ya, after I saw Paul's video I had to seriously question my Zephood.... Some people collect antiques, others collect sports stuff, figurines, beer bottles, you name it... people collect it.... but Paul by far has one of the best collection's I've ever seen. My biggest collection of anything is probably CD's.

Yeah and someone asked Paul about being that big of a fan and not on the website yet??? yeah What up with that Paul? ;)

Archived