The World's Bigegst Led Zeppelin Fan* was there at the O2

Does not seem possible to post a picture here. Anyway I have a photo I would like to share with you taken of a large silkscreen of zeppelin. I purchased this back in 1980 and it's been hanging protected from the light and elements ever since. I took a picture and will email it to you.

I have some of those bootlegs ! LA-77 and the Denmark concert. You did not show the

45 rpm with Hey Hey What can I do. I got that ! If you don't we can trade it for something.

I need your email address, I am at stevejepsen@hotmail.com

GREAT VIDEO !!!!!!!!

You are the best ZEPPELIN fan.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yeah, he has that official release 45 of Immigrant Song/HHWCID. ;)

My seats were row N on Pagey's side a decent view to be sure. But when i saw them in 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975 an 1977 I was never further back than eight row.

Hotel was in the Docklands area with a window view of the 02.

I moved to a temp place until my career gets a cardiac restart.

; )

I'm so envious.... and best wishes for a vocational defibrillator.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yeah, he has that official release 45 of Immigrant Song/HHWCID. ;)

I think your right, I'd just add that luaP surely has three copies!

luaP: Congratulations on the well deserved win, the Obelisk from Presence blew me away - I want one! I thought my collection was getting to the point of obsessive but now I know that I am not that different! Perhaps I can stop seeing one of my therapists now that I know that my collection is not that all that!

That was a kickass video, Paul! I'm so glad you won - your enthusiasm was really infectious and it's always wonderful when great things happen to dedicated fans.

And that's just a FRACTION of your collection?!!!?!!!

*boggles*

Can you, erm, actually move in your house without bumping into Zep stuff?!!?

My first post...!

Paul you deserved your win - awe inspiring followership!

Thanks for sharing this; as Jimmy once said of Led Zeps music "...it's something to be shared amoungst friends.."

What is it about this band?? The Stones, Floyd and all the others get great followship and it's deserved...but Led Zep are in a musical universe of thier own!

Cheers fellow fans........

When I saw you pull out the Object, I knew that you were truly the world's biggest Zeppelin fan. :D

Not to mention all of the countless bootlegs, but still. Congrats!

Yes i have to say I covet that one !!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe I'm the only person that thinks that level of fan dedication is too much? It's about the music right? Listening to Led Zeppelin music, playing their music if you're talented enough, and watching them live when possible.

Isn't all the rest just, well, unnecessary? The rare LP covers, the autographs. The members of Led Zeppelin got into it to make music so that's all that really matters. To me anyway.

I realize I may get shot down for this viewpoint, seeing as I'm on a Led Zeppelin forum :)

Congrats on winning the competition though. I'd love to be able to play guitar that well.

Hey Dude......I'm "Manown" in Flickr.....I spotted myself in your crowd picture if your remember. It's amazing how "fanatical" some of us are out here. I've got a full set of SEALED ORIGINAL SERIAL NUMBER LP's....various bootlegs....Signed 1st LPdisplay....basically a room dedicated to LZ.

Hey Dude......I'm "Manown" in Flickr.....I spotted myself in your crowd picture if your remember. It's amazing how "fanatical" some of us are out here. I've got a full set of SEALED ORIGINAL SERIAL NUMBER LP's....various bootlegs....Signed 1st LPdisplay....basically a room dedicated to LZ.

yeah, I remember. The Nike top, right?

oh......I'm trying really hard not to write what I'm about to, but my fingers keep moving.

first of all, I have the multiple copies of their records, most of the books going all the way back(remember the PEZ one by Ritchie York,) the bootleg video's, and records including the rare montreal one you mentioned, the photo's, I have an obelisk I got at the pyrmaids in mexico city,

and well, I wouldn't spend money on a bass cause I play guitar. but granted all that, your collection is more impressive than mine, so you should win.....but should you?

did you actually cry your eyes out the day bonham died, or the other times I cried about his death.

what about all the countless zeppelin posters, at one point I had 17 posters in my room including the ceiling, but the real reason I wrote this is that it seems to me that the biggest zeppelin fan would have been inspired to write and play some music that is a modern day equivalent of what jimmy was doing back in the day, which I have most certainly done...you see the ultimate respect for zeppelin is doing your own thing, and not just sitting around playing zep tunes on the guitar.

the ultimate inspiration of zeppelin is to carry on and bring new music into the world. My video would have not had any of my collection, but would have shown me playing in a musically posessed state of being with all my heart and soul...and that would have spoken louder than all the collection in the world....for the record, you seem like a really cool guy, and this is not a personal slam, but when you go around saying you are the world's biggest zeppelin fan cause you own a bunch of records and can play zep songs on the guitar, it really has nothing to do with how the music thus inspired your life to take it all to the next level. so with all due respect, I consider myself a much bigger zeppelin fan than you, and as Peter Grant would say, you couldn't even get in my starting line.

well said, well written.

BUT

I chose to show and play what i did. Shot almost 3 hours edited down to 16 minutes!

And though i did not show it, i assure you--I have written hundreds of songs and many, many show the seeds of LZ sprouting into a strange new plant (no pun intended).

My collection (BTW) is far more vast than what i showed-notice all the edits in mid collection displaying?

and LZ's effect is far beyond the music I've written, it is in my soul. And had i saved the buckets of tears from 9/25/80 on, I could irrigate the Sahara into a garden of sadness and beauty.

And lastly, the contest asked for the WBLZF.. but I say, "when we compare, we err"

Let us be brothers not competitors.

cheers mate

luaP

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you marry me?

I almost fell on the floor when you said Jimmy's Mom's name. I thought "I" was the only one who knew that. Considering I share her first and middle name!

Rock on

ok, I'm sorry, I kind of went off last night on a tangent...the fact that you've written so many songs combined with your collection gives you the #1 spot in my book anyways. I guess I'm not really fond of hard rock guitarists that don't write any of their own original material. So thanks for setting the record straight...and...after I wrote that last night, I DID friend request you!

but did you cry when Bonham died....ha ha ha...just joking.

p.s. I loved the holy reverence you had for 7/7/80 Berlin

p.s. I loved the holy reverence you had for 7/7/80 Berlin

How was it again?

Btw what was his mother's name again? ^^

And is this obelisk the original one?

And that picture on your pc, if you were still a child, where did you get it :P and did Plant and Page play with their shaguars?

Archived