Greatest recorded moment - end of story.

rm2551

How can anyone pick a single moment? Everytime Led Zeppelin was on stage, there was a moment in every single gig which might be "The Moment", every gig was different and unique in its own way - Led Zeppelin live is like someone alpine skiing, every run has a distinction and unique quality about it no matter how many times you are on the mountain 

• 2 weeks later...

How can anyone pick a single moment? Everytime Led Zeppelin was on stage, there was a moment in every single gig which might be "The Moment", every gig was different and unique in its own way - Led Zeppelin live is like someone alpine skiing, every run has a distinction and unique quality about it no matter how many times you are on the mountain 

:goodpost:

• 2 weeks later...

This is hard to argue with. 

If pressed to identify, I might go with No Quarter from 5-24-75 or Heartbreaker from 3-16-73 (Vienna) with that superb, impromptu intro and Jimmy completely locked in. 

The bands great live moments are plenty, it's sure tough to choose only one. I think all the choices so far are excellent!!

There is something magical about that July 28th No Quarter though. I could have that original SRTS version playing all day on a continuous loop and it would be my favourite day ever. That solo cooks and is a shinning moment of pure Page bliss. Bonham in the background doing his shuffles and just letting Page run with it as the solo builds and builds and builds....insane !! I'm smiling just thinking of it lol?. This would be my pick.

Time to go listen to this.

• 2 weeks later...

This contrarian response occurred to me today: "Kashmir" at the O2 reunion show. 

My reasoning: While it cannot compare with most anything from their heyday, I was very impressed with this performance. If those geezers could do that in 2007, they had to be world beaters in their prime!

• 2 weeks later...

The first two minutes of "Listen to this Eddie" (LA 6-21-77) 

YES!!! It's fkng electric!!!  Without a doubt one of their triumphant moments is heading back to LA, where they loved to be the most, and throttle that crowd with TSRTS. . . This is definitely my favorite show of 77 :-) but the one song that gets me the most has got to be The Rain Song from the original TSRTS. . Then in JP fashion,  for the remake he messed with a couple of spots which kind of screwed up the song for me… Still my favorite of all time :)

Archived