Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Flares

Clapton and Page

This playing, I believe, is also on a album called "Guitar Boogie", 3 tracks featuring each player(I think).It's pretty worthwhile to

get because there's a lot of excellent playing on it and it's far more inspired than let's say the Lord Sutch album or some of the

other off the beaten track releases by these three Yardbirds.

So much of this speculation seems pointless. I have seen plenty of pictures of Plant and Page with Clapton through the years. These guitarists don't spend much time talking about each other. Brian May loves Zeppelin and the two are friends but you don't hear much from Jimmy about anyone. He's friends with a great number of guitarists. Some people you have friendly enough relationships with but you just aren''t in each other's lives as you are with others. I am sure Jimmy and Eric get along fine.

On 10/3/2015 at 6:12 PM, KellyGirl said:

^^ You know that does sound likely the reason. As a big fan of Jimmy, it bums me out to think his drug issues to this day 
nobody knows how much it may have hindered projects with other musicians. I remember watching the footage of Jimmy
at the A R M S in '83 and the S T H solo just left me thinking "Oh no Jimmy :("  Jeff and Eric basically rescuing him on HIS song.
A song he had played hundreds of times.  I'm glad Jimmy is clean today. I just wish we had more 'sober' Jimmy post O2 reunion to
watch.

Tell me about the show when Eric and Jeff came out to supposedly save Jimmy during that solo I didn't see anything wrong with the solo what was wrong with it???

I hear so many people say the same thing but it just seemed like he was doing his thing he wasn't dragging it on or lost in it or anything...

Please do elaborate..

ANYONE?

You've got to have some real blinkers on to try and defend Jimmy's playing during those concerts.

Still, the point was that it massive that he was playing on stage again, let alone playing guitar. Its a miracle he was able to play at all in that condition.

14 hours ago, tom kid said:

You've got to have some real blinkers on to try and defend Jimmy's playing during those concerts.

Still, the point was that it massive that he was playing on stage again, let alone playing guitar. Its a miracle he was able to play at all in that condition.

For me It was a shock the first time I watched ARMS footage on MTV.. Especially after how strong the Death Wish 2 Soundtrack was.

I heard DW2 and thought to myself, everything is fine, he's back. ARMS was pretty sobering...his playing, his appearance.. and to see Beck up there just slaying,

To me, it was undeniable that Jimmy had a pretty big setback.