2015 MLB Postseason Contest...

paul carruthers

From what I can tell, jabe and St. Louis Chris are tied at 40 points.  Paul and Tangie are at 35...  [bBut who still has their WS winner still active???

Raises hand...I do!

Granted, my NLCS has gone up in smoke...I had the Dodgers and Cardinals. :rolleyes:

But I had the Royals beating the Dodgers in the WS so half my ticket is still alive.

Standings: 

jabe: 40

kingzoso: 40

paul carruthers: 35

LedZeppfan77: 30

ebk: 30

Stargroves Tangie: 25

Walter: 20

zepscoda: 5

Strider: 0 (sorry about that Sean)...

not sure how I'm at 20 pts when I picked three out of four correct going into the championship series?  Wouldn't that be 30?

The way I see this is if the Cubs beat the Mets its between me and Jabe. We are the only ones having the Cubs in the Series I can see.  Kingzoso  can gain nothing in the Series.  Cardinals are done,  Anyone with St Louis in the Series is Melba Toast  Scharber and Rizzo are going to take DeGrom deep

The way I see this is if the Cubs beat the Mets its between me and Jabe. We are the only ones having the Cubs in the Series I can see.  Kingzoso  can gain nothing in the Series.  Cardinals are done,  Anyone with St Louis in the Series is Melba Toast  Scharber and Rizzo are going to take DeGrom deep

Hey now -  I have the Cubs in the Series.  I don't have them winning, but I have them in.

Now I hope they win!

Hey now -  I have the Cubs in the Series.  I don't have them winning, but I have them in.

Now I hope they win!

Good to know Esther.  I missed that.  So when they win I will cash:lol: 
And why do I get the feeling it did not break your heart either to see the red birdies go home?  :lol:

Not much to report here--except to say that kingzoso has vaulted ahead of jabe, thanks to correctly predicting the entire American League playoffs....

Standings:

kingzoso: 65

jabe: 40

paul carruthers: 35

LedZeppfan77: 30

ebk: 30

Stargroves Tangie: 25

Walter: 20

zepscoda: 5

Strider: 0 

So, basically you 2 are saying I "Screwed the pooch" with this contest. Oh well....

-_-

It's your contest, your rules...you can run it anyway you want. My picks sucked and I know it, so I warrant last place.

Just wasn't sure on the point system...in the NCAA tournament bracket, you get points for picking a winner of a round, even if the opponent you had was different. But even with points for KC I'd still probably be in last place.

You're doing fine, paul...nobody is criticizing you.

Actually I believe the contest is now over, as the only people who could have gotten any points from the World Series would have been me & Paul since we both picked the Mets for the Series, but unfortunately we both also picked Toronto as the Mets' opponent.

Congrats to kingzoso for winning the contest!

So, basically you 2 are saying I "Screwed the pooch" with this contest. Oh well....

-_-

Relax, Paul.  I appreciate you putting it together, I just misinterpreted the rules.  I thought point would be like a bracket format, you get credit for picking a team to advance.  I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing, I just read into it differently.  Thank you again for putting this and MLB contest together! :) 

:peace: 

Heh, I wasn't getting upset--maybe I should have clarified the rules a little better before we started. I would say "My error" on that one. At any rate, I do think kingzoso will walk away with this one....

:peace:

I thank you Paul for putting this together and posting the results but I will have to say that I do not believe that I should win.  As Rick mentioned, I thought I pretty much lost it all since the Cardinals were knocked out in the NLDS.  I believe my prediction was for a 2015 World Series between the Cardinals and the Royals. 

The "only" way I should have "won" is if the Saint Louis Cardinals did actually "win" the 2015 World Series.  Which I can only hope for 2016, one year from now. 

With that being said, I have ties to both Kansas City and New York City.  I lived in Saint Louis and went to concerts in KC (Plant solo and Page/Plant).  I lived in New Jersey for 3 years (1987-1990) and bought about 100 bootleg cd's in the Village and drank beer underage and always had a great time in the City. 

New York in 7. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived