pujols05

possible dates?

Jan 11th Brussels 

Feb1st Pittsburgh

Feb 27th Houston

March 1st Louisiana 

March 2nd Tennessee

March 3rd Fort Worth

Louisiana March 1, 1975 and Tennessee March 2, 1975..? Did those 2 shows really happen? They're not listed on the official Zeppelin time line....

Louisiana March 1, 1975 and Tennessee March 2, 1975..? Did those 2 shows really happen? They're not listed on the official Zeppelin time line....

I got those dates from Luis Rey's book. Have updated version but not he final version so the dates could be wrong but they are listed in the book.

I'm not sure where those dates even came from.  There is a list of canceled shows, but does not mention it.    I think Robert was still suffering from the Flu or something and they took a few week break to recover and the tour started back up in Texas.

Dave Lewis' The Concert File lists a Tennessee date on March 2 with no detail, but the book in the Physical Graffiti SDBS (which would seem to be the final word) has nothing between the Feb 28 show in Baton Rouge and the March 3 show in Ft. Worth. 

• Administrators

No such LZ dates exist.

Dave Lewis' The Concert File lists a Tennessee date on March 2 with no detail, but the book in the Physical Graffiti SDBS (which would seem to be the final word) has nothing between the Feb 28 show in Baton Rouge and the March 3 show in Ft. Worth. 

I worked on the SDBS... the dates were based on the LZ.com Timeline and some docs from the band's archives (band itineraries, travel schedules etc.) for cross reference, where available. Through the years, accuracy in the concert itinerary has come a long way.

There's likely still some holes to be filled in the early tours. It's always a work-in-progress... :D

No such LZ dates exist.

I worked on the SDBS... the dates were based on the LZ.com Timeline and some docs from the band's archives (band itineraries, travel schedules etc.) for cross reference, where available. Through the years, accuracy in the concert itinerary has come a long way.

There's likely still some holes to be filled in the early tours. It's always a work-in-progress... :D

Yeah, I could see how records, especially in the early days, could be incomplete. And after all those years and miles, memory is unreliable. 

Thanks for your contributions, Sam. I did see your name in those gorgeous books. 

Pity it's 1975 once again. I hoped for 1977 so much. 1975 shows were boring and monotonous.

Although the '75 shows were better musically, once you've heard a few in high quality, I agree that you've kinda heard it all before. Not too many surprises. '77 was a real rollercoaster of highs and lows. Like watching a Boeing 747 in a giant tailspin, plummeting towards the ground. They're more interesting for the die-hard fan.

No such LZ dates exist.

Nice work, as always Sam. :notworthy:

Pity it's 1975 once again. I hoped for 1977 so much. 1975 shows were boring and monotonous.

You could label most tours of most bands monotonous. Once the setlist is set, there's usually very little deviation. I find enough variety in the different approaches to OTHAFA, NQ, Dazed, and the encores.

Although the '75 shows were better musically, once you've heard a few in high quality, I agree that you've kinda heard it all before. Not too many surprises. '77 was a real rollercoaster of highs and lows. Like watching a Boeing 747 in a giant tailspin, plummeting towards the ground. They're more interesting for the die-hard fan.

I prefer '75 over '77.That view is influenced by the generally superior soundboard sources of the former. For most or maybe all of the songs played on the '75 tour, I could point to a performance that year and say "that's the definitive version" (for my ears, mind you). 

For me, the '77 tour is a bit of overkill; as Flares said, some really good highs, but I find a lot of it to be average. For example, there seem to be a lot of '77 performances of "Kashmir" that feel sluggish and dull. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here we go.....

***Viva La Soundboard Revolution***

Led Zeppelin - 3/3/75 Ft Worth, TX - Previously Unreleased Soundboard - Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, a never before available Legendary Texas show!! This complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard show hasn’t seen the light of day for 40 long years!!

The following editions of this Ultra Rare Set are due for imminent release;

Statistical Analyzing Shot - Extremely Ltd Ed Box Set - 150 Copies Only!! This 9 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes the Ft Worth 3/3/75 show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard and two Exclusive Original Digitally Remastered bonus Soundboard shows from Dallas, Texas (3/4 & 5/1975) to capture the complete series of Texas 1975 shows in a single awesome set!!! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set includes an insert card and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. $250 plus shipping

Hatena - Extremely Ltd Ed Box Set - 150 Copies Only!! This 9 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes the Ft Worth 3/3/75 show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard and two Exclusive Original Digitally Remastered bonus Soundboard shows from St Louis (2/16/1975) and San Diego (3/14/1975) for a complete set of rare 1975 shows with no known Audience sources! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases. The sets also includes a sticker and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. $250 plus shipping

Rock Super Stars (3/3/75 Ft Worth, TX - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. This Standard Edition 3 CD set includes the Previously Unreleased Ft Worth soundboard in paper sleeve with an additional oversized Jacket as a special bonus! $130 Plus Shipping

We're NOW ready to begin accepting orders for this title as we expect initial supplies will be quite limited and demand extremely high.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived