Best high fidelity zepp stuff

cycloechap

New here and no doubt been asked a godzillion times before, but best ever sound quality for the 1st 4 Z albums.

Background;

Bbought all as they came out on vinyl, best were the german pressings, but today I'm cd only, the subtleties of vinyl have been lost to me with age, so, what sounds the best??????

Yeah, everything (most things) sounds better on vinyl to most people, unfortunately I had too much exposure to load music in my youth and my hearing paid for it. CD in most cases and if the right version is chosen actually sounds better to me as I've lost the subtleties, if Zepp could ever be called subtle, ;):lol:.

You'd be amazed at the difference between the best and worst CD recordings, so just going through all my old classic favourites to ensure I have the best affordable option, alphabetically I'm now at L:)

Yeah, everything (most things) sounds better on vinyl to most people, unfortunately I had too much exposure to load music in my youth and my hearing paid for it. CD in most cases and if the right version is chosen actually sounds better to me as I've lost the subtleties, if Zepp could ever be called subtle, ;):lol:.

You'd be amazed at the difference between the best and worst CD recordings, so just going through all my old classic favourites to ensure I have the best affordable option, alphabetically I'm now at L:)

www.ledzeppelin.com :-)

For vinyl, the 45rpm Classic Records versions are IMHO the best for Zep I, IV, Physical Graffiti, Presence, The Song Remains the Same, ITTOD, and Coda. For Zep II it's the Robert Ludwig narrow deadwax version. For Zep III it's the new remaster or the original UK Plum (many folks prefer the red-label Canadian, but I think the other two smoke it). For Houses of the Holy it's the Porky/Pecko UK pressing (although the Ludwig is very good too).

For CD/digital, I'd say it's the new remasters, with the possible exception of Houses of the Holy, where the 1980s Barry Diament-mastered CD is excellent.

For vinyl, the 45rpm Classic Records versions are IMHO the best for Zep I, IV, Physical Graffiti, Presence, The Song Remains the Same, ITTOD, and Coda. For Zep II it's the Robert Ludwig narrow deadwax version. For Zep III it's the new remaster or the original UK Plum (many folks prefer the red-label Canadian, but I think the other two smoke it). For Houses of the Holy it's the Porky/Pecko UK pressing (although the Ludwig is very good too).

For CD/digital, I'd say it's the new remasters, with the possible exception of Houses of the Holy, where the 1980s Barry Diament-mastered CD is excellent.

Man, I would love to have a 24/96 rip of a Ludwig Zep II vinyl! I've heard so much about it and know about its credentials, and to be able to hear it would be killer :rolleyes:

Archived