On February 2, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Patrycja said:

With SAS and champs Warriors potentially in their way? Hmm, not sure. West has been tougher to get out of for a long time now, and though many more teams are struggling in that division, the top dogs seem even stronger whereas the Clips seem largely the same.

But coaching makes the largest difference in the playoffs - match-ups, rotations, calling plays, plays our of time-outs, out-of-bounds, etc., and this is where LBJ, erm, I mean coach Lue will get exposed. The Cavs are a James injury away from irrelevance, but all other teams have multiple players who can carry them. Even if they get to the finals (pretty likely - it is still the East, after all) they're going to get rolled over, especially if it's GSW. They just don't match up well against the champs.

Why do you like the Clips so much? Is it because you lived there some time ago? I ask because they're just not a likable team, no offense...

Well I have had no true team since the old Buffalo Braves were no more.  The Clippers are what were once that franchise.  And thy are in LA, and the Rams are my second favorite team and I did live there once be it I was very young.  I also have always liked the Warriors since Rick Barry and Jerry West are my two all time favs.  The Clippers are far better than you give them credit and can win this thing if all goes right.

15 hours ago, chef free said:

I do not want Durant coming to Golden State.  They are doing just fine without any big ego All-Star types! 

Houston Rockets up in Oakland tonight!

Well GS has not been mentioned as a destination.  Obviously it would be a team that needs him.

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM, chef free said:

I do not want Durant coming to Golden State.  They are doing just fine without any big ego All-Star types! 

Houston Rockets up in Oakland tonight!

I like you're thinking, chef. I wouldn't want Durant in Golden State, either. Let him go to Washington.

Lakers at Cavs for Kobe's final game in Cleveland. Down 20 at the half.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

Well GS has not been mentioned as a destination.  Obviously it would be a team that needs him.

Yes, it has, as a potential FA destination. That's why there's also some talk about a trade of Griffin for Durant or risk losing Durant to free agency. GS doesn't need him and needs the money for their own players. They're such a balanced team that another firepower might disrupt it. 

I think the Thunder are at risk of losing both Durant and Westbrook to other teams. They've tried making it work with their own version of the 'Big Three' (well, 2 1/2, really) but it's never really worked as well as it ought to have. It's never been clear whose team it was, Durant's or Westbrook's, as the latter would never accept a beta role even though Durant was chosen for the alpha. I don't think they co-exist well together and need a change of scenery. 

The All-Star weekend is coming up and in what has been a record warm winter, this weekend will have the worst cold spell of the year. Murphy's Law lol.

On February 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Patrycja said:

Yes, it has, as a potential FA destination. That's why there's also some talk about a trade of Griffin for Durant or risk losing Durant to free agency. GS doesn't need him and needs the money for their own players. They're such a balanced team that another firepower might disrupt it. 

I think the Thunder are at risk of losing both Durant and Westbrook to other teams. They've tried making it work with their own version of the 'Big Three' (well, 2 1/2, really) but it's never really worked as well as it ought to have. It's never been clear whose team it was, Durant's or Westbrook's, as the latter would never accept a beta role even though Durant was chosen for the alpha. I don't think they co-exist well together and need a change of scenery. 

The All-Star weekend is coming up and in what has been a record warm winter, this weekend will have the worst cold spell of the year. Murphy's Law lol.

The Clippers have played well without Blake but the loss at Boston is evidence they need him to go deep.  They are a thorn in the Warriors side when they are at full strength.  I am not a big fan of Doc Rivers and blame him for losing the series to Houston last year.  Up 3 games to 2 and up handily after 3 quarters in what should have been the clincher, he found a way to blow it.  I wish they fired him and found a real coach

On 2/13/2016 at 0:20 AM, LedZeppfan77 said:

The Clippers have played well without Blake but the loss at Boston is evidence they need him to go deep.  They are a thorn in the Warriors side when they are at full strength.  I am not a big fan of Doc Rivers and blame him for losing the series to Houston last year.  Up 3 games to 2 and up handily after 3 quarters in what should have been the clincher, he found a way to blow it.  I wish they fired him and found a real coach

I agree about Doc Rivers. He rode that Boston championship and sold swamp land as if it were prime real estate to the Clippers. But now I think he's getting exposed. If the Clippers don't make noise in the playoffs this year, I think Blake is traded in the off-season which will only be a buffer move to protect Doc. There are some great coaches available - Thibodeau, the skinny Van Gundy, Blatt, the guy who was bizarrely fired by the Kings and replaced by the increasingly fraying Karl - but then again, more positions will be vying for them, including Kings, Knicks, and maybe Clippers (possibly Wolves - less lucrative market, but good young core) and I think Raps if we don't get out of the first round. It'll be an interesting post-season and beyond.

On 2/28/2016 at 9:09 PM, chef free said:

Iggy hits BOTH of his free throws to send it to overtime, Curry hits an all-time record 288th 3-pointer, his record tying 12th of the game, to beat the Thunder in OKC! That was the best basketball game I've seen all year!

Down by 12 in the 4th at the end of a long road trip, the Warriors could have shut it down and just said "get us to the airport". But they dug down and fought back to win the game. These are the types of games Golden State has to win if they are to have a shot breaking the Bulls' 72 win season record.

I was a little skeptical earlier in the season. I wondered whether they would have the stamina to keep the pedal to the metal all year. But I am a believer in Golden State breaking the record.

Curry is just ridiculous...pull-up threes from near half court. MVP.

7 hours ago, chef free said:

Dubs getting schooled by the Lakers, down by 11 at the half!  This reminds me of the past 35 years!

LAKERS WIN!!!! And cover the 17.5 point spread hehe!!! :faint1:

If you took the Lakers and the points, congratulations on your betting acumen.

I think Golden State was feeling the effects of enjoying the L.A. nightlife Saturday night...maybe a little too much partying hehe.

I was just going to the game to pay my respects to Kobe in his farewell season and see in person the current "Greatest Show on Earth". Never did it ever occur to me that the Lakers would actually win! Holy time machine, it really was like 10-20-30 years ago.

Lakers are the first sub-.200 team to beat a .900 team in NBA history. Who the fuck is Huertas and where did he come from? The backcourt of Russell and Jordan Clarkson was a revelation. Nick Young still does some annoying things on the court but he had a decent game. His nickname still sucks.

As for Kobe, at least he played...but then, being this was a nationally televised game, I figured he would no matter what his injuries are. He did not play much...20 minutes or so...and you can see why it is time for him to retire, but the crowd still ate it up. Even Jack Nicholson was back in his usual courtside seat.

So happy to witness one of the few highlights in this miserable season. Golden State is still ahead of the 1996 Bulls pace to break 72 wins for the season.

20160306_101322.thumb.jpg.bdde9aadff2153

20160306_103019.thumb.jpg.d889067250209b

20160306_102815.thumb.jpg.d2e44c96380c44

20160306_104029.thumb.jpg.b78bf7aa6ba73f

20160306_103811.thumb.jpg.88f1158a4447ae

20160306_104129.thumb.jpg.26b71da087925f

Yep, you got to see a great game Strider!  Some of those young Lakers looked pretty good too, a good draft pick or two and they'll be back in contention.  It was killing me to watch Kobe rubbing his shoulder all night.  W's almost threw it away last night against the Magic, I heard that Green (Mr. Turnover in the last two games) had the same flu that I've got!

What has happened to OKC?  4-9 since the all-star break??  Durant and Westbrook are all-star level NBA players, but the rest of the team is pretty one-dimensional and Kevin and Russel know it,  they have the lowest passes per game of any team in the league.

On 3/8/2016 at 6:45 PM, chef free said:

Yep, you got to see a great game Strider!  Some of those young Lakers looked pretty good too, a good draft pick or two and they'll be back in contention.  It was killing me to watch Kobe rubbing his shoulder all night.  W's almost threw it away last night against the Magic, I heard that Green (Mr. Turnover in the last two games) had the same flu that I've got!

That must have been the same one I got, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at who is in and who is out the one shocker to me is the Wizards being out.  I thought they were a good team and on the rise.  Shocking to see them out.  Dallas and Indiana o me are the crap teams that are in.  The Clippers are gong to sit everyone but Blake Griffin tonight to try and get him ready.  They are 11 pt dogs to Utah due to this.  So I took Utah on the ESPN Streak where I have a W11 early in the month.  The best I did last month was W18.  Its not easy  Give it a whirl its free.  

So is Cleveland and Golden st a certain match for the title?  I think Golden st is more of a lock than Cleveland even though the West is better.  The Cavs still have not jelled as a unit.  They could be beaten by several teams if they are not careful.  Maybe even the Hornets

Archived