Warriors vs, Spurs tonight in San Antonio, should be a great game.  Warriors lead the series 2-1 with two blowouts, GS lost in SA but without Bogut, Ezeli, and Iguodala, in fact the Warriors have lost their last 33 games in San Antonio!  

Will the Spurs stop the Warriors from being the first team to win 73 games in a season?  

Will the Warriors stop the Spurs from being the first team to go undefeated at home?

How does Utah not win as 14 pt favorites in Vegas when the Clippers rested all starters but for a returning Blake?  Utah fucking SUCKS that is how. The second unit of the Clippers can beat half of the NBA.   Mr Skip on ESPN was right so far on the two game set of SA vs GS.  He said GS would win Friday and SA would rest their guys and go for the win tonight.  They are 5 pt favs tonight.  I wonder if GS sits Curry tonight.  Nothing to really play for

46 minutes ago, chef free said:

Nothing to play for except bragging rights for the most wins in NBA history!  

Nice font!!! Yeah...you gotta go for history if you are this close. Go for 73 and stop San Antonio's home streak in the process.

52 minutes ago, Strider said:

Nice font!!! Yeah...you gotta go for history if you are this close. Go for 73 and stop San Antonio's home streak in the process.

Except that they have lost their last 33 in San Antonio!

WOW! That has to have been the greatest last day of the regular season I have ever seen! 

I figured Golden State would win their last game to reach 73. But there is no way I thought the Lakers could come back from 20 points down and Kobe score 60 points in the process and win. Hilariously, Kobe's official last play was an assist.

Amazing night of basketball. Bring on the playoffs.

Seriously? One of the memorable finishes to a season in NBA history and nobody has any reaction?

To Golden State's great accomplishments...they set two records last night, one of which I don't think will ever be broken. I can see Curry's record of 400 3-pointers in a season being broken...by Curry himself next year or in the future. But 73 wins in a season? Single-digit losses? Barring the increase of games in a season, I don't see it happening again in our lifetime. Especially as coaches adopt the Popovich method of resting starters. 

Philadelphia set the record at 68 in 1968. Then the Lakers broke it in 1972 with 69. That record stood for 24 years until the Bulls won 72. 20 years later the Warriors break it with 73. Congratulations to the Warriors and their fans!

tumblr_o4vw9oed7I1r0jlbgo1_400.jpg.5388f

Take a look at this photo...that is what Kobe looked like most of this season. Which is why last night's 60-point final bow performance was so surreal and unexpected. I knew Kobe would go out guns blazin' and leave it all out on the court. But I would have been surprised by even a 30 minute and 20-30 point outburst. To think his body could hold up and deliver a 60-point explosion was unfathomable.

Of course the Kobe-haters and airheads at ESPN are already snickering about Kobe's 50 shot attempts. Well...D'uh! The ball ain't going to shoot itself...you can't score 60 without shooting the damn ball. If you make half of 50 FGAs that is 50 points. Kobe scored 10 more than 50 and if you take away the 3-point attempts, Kobe shot well over 50%. Plus, he did this while leading the Lakers from way down to a comeback victory. Whining about Kobe shooting the ball last night just makes the haters look like imbeciles.

The tickets to Kobe's final game were going for $10,000. Nobody was paying that amount to see Swaggy P shoot the ball.

FYI...Kobe averaged 19.5 FGAs per game for his career. That is less shot attempts than Michael Jordan and Lebron James average.

Congrats to the Warriors--with the caveat that I will add is if they don't finish the whole thing & win another title, then that 73 might seem pretty hollow.

It would remind me of that Seattle Mariners team that broke the AL Record for wins in a season, then--if I remember correct--got bounced in the ALDS.

So again, great accomplishment by Golden State, but now you have to finish....

Strider- Agreed, the greatest last day of a season ever!  I didn't post because I'm just so blown out by it!  I think that it is fitting that the Warriors become the first team to 73, with the best road record ever, no bac-to-back losses and Curry's 400 threes on the day that Kobe says farewell with a 60 point outburst lifting his team form 20 down to win it one last time because it emphatically marks the changing of the guard.  The MJ model of the big but quick power forward slashing his way to the hoop (Kobe, Carmelo, LeBron) has past, now we start the era of the sharp shooting, athletic do-it-all point guard.  

On 4/14/2016 at 4:22 PM, paul carruthers said:

Congrats to the Warriors--with the caveat that I will add is if they don't finish the whole thing & win another title, then that 73 might seem pretty hollow.

It would remind me of that Seattle Mariners team that broke the AL Record for wins in a season, then--if I remember correct--got bounced in the ALDS.

So again, great accomplishment by Golden State, but now you have to finish....

I respectfully disagree Paul. 

Unlike Seattle Mariners of that year, the Warriors already have a title under their belt and they had the best record in basketball last season, too. They aren't a fluke. They are defending champions that attacked the following regular season as no other team in recent history. They aren't a one-and-done team like Seattle was, which never had a season like that again and always flamed out in the playoffs.

Now if they go out in the first or second round, that will be a big disappointment for sure. But if they lose a tough series to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals or to Cleveland in the Finals, nobody in their right mind is going to say their 73 win season is tainted. 

The Spurs had one of the Top 10 seasons in history themselves...hell, if it wasn't for Golden State, San Antonio would have won 70 games. Oklahoma has one of the top ELOs going into the playoffs. The Western Conference is a beast, so I would not begrudge the Warriors their record season if they don't win it all this year.

Again, the way ESPN and the airheads of the internet have poisoned the world of sports is doing irrevocable harm. Thank goodness Ernie Banks and Ted Williams didn't have to play their careers with ESPN around.

Playoff picks:

Eastern Conference

#1 Cleveland over #8 Detroit

#5 Boston over #4 Atlanta

#3 Miami over #6 Charlotte

#7 Indiana over #2 Toronto

Western Conference

#1 Golden State over #8 Houston

#5 Portland over #4 L.A.

#3 OKC over #6 Dallas

#2 San Antonio over #7 Memphis

These fucking Hornets are stinging my ass.    I am going to go check the score again and I want to see a move on their part.   I mean, WTF?  This is not Cleveland. Its Miami. Cover this fucking spread you rejects.    I laid the 8 later and expect the Clippers to destroy Portland

19 hours ago, chef free said:

Clippers vs Portland is going to be a good one!  My money is on the Trailblazers!

The Clippers will mop the floor with Portland.  it will be the easiest money I make laying 8 points a game.  There is no way Portland can hang with the Clippers.  Golden State's biggest test will come from the Clippers.  Cleveland is likely to represent the East but there is still no chemistry that suggests they can beat  a team like GS in a final.  The Heat might give the a lot of trouble.  

On 4/17/2016 at 8:26 AM, luvlz2 said:

Kobe Bryant's final game breaks Led Zeppelin's record  for merchandise sales:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kobe-bryants-final-game-led-zeppelin/

Hahaha...talk about finding Led Zeppelin in unexpected places. Never thought I would see Kobe Bryant and Ked Zeppelin in the sane sentence.

Regarding the line in the article about Peter Grant, Peter Grant may have been many things but he would never be so crass as to sell diamond-encrusted hats and jackets at a Led Zeppelin concert.

That is something the Rolling Stones would do.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Clippers will mop the floor with Portland.  it will be the easiest money I make laying 8 points a game.  There is no way Portland can hang with the Clippers.  Golden State's biggest test will come from the Clippers.  Cleveland is likely to represent the East but there is still no chemistry that suggests they can beat  a team like GS in a final.  The Heat might give the a lot of trouble.  

They couldn't EVEN cover the spread!  No more betting on the underdog for me...(for now anyway <_<)  Who ever wins the West is going to be the Champs this year for sure.  LeBron is playing great lately but, like you say there's no TEAM there.

Archived