T20 Cricket All Stars Matches Start This Weekend In USA

Reggie29

Hi Julie and everyone else! :wave:

Apparently, Shane Warne and Sachin Tendulkar have formed two teams, consisting of former players. The two teams are 'Warne's Warriors' and 'Sachin's Blasters'. 

More info here: http://cricketallstars2015.com/

On a side note: A shout out to my friend Strider, in whose neck of the woods, the 3rd and final T20 match will be played on the 14th of November, at Dodger Stadium! I think I emailed you about this. I do hope that you get to go! :) 

^^^Yep, I got the notice Kiwi. :yesnod:

Definitely want to go but teams are TBA and I have to double-check my work schedule. If it's a daytime start it might be tough. 

It's on a Saturday night.

The teams are insignificant as they are all great players and interchangeable, you could pick numerous configurations with the only constant being the captains.

Btw most of them captained their country's teams in the past.

Hi Julie and everyone else! :wave:

Apparently, Shane Warne and Sachin Tendulkar have formed two teams, consisting of former players. The two teams are 'Warne's Warriors' and 'Sachin's Blasters'. 

More info here: http://cricketallstars2015.com/

On a side note: A shout out to my friend Strider, in whose neck of the woods, the 3rd and final T20 match will be played on the 14th of November, at Dodger Stadium! I think I emailed you about this. I do hope that you get to go! :) 

Thanks for the link. I did a search earlier and nothing came up.

It's on a Saturday night.

The teams are insignificant as they are all great players and interchangeable, you could pick numerous configurations with the only constant being the captains.

Btw most of them captained their country's teams in the past.

Cool. Then it looks like Thunderbirds are go!

Hi again, everyone! :wave:

Here are the final squads for the All Star Series (the list is spread across two posts - looks like a very interesting line-up! :D )

Sachin's Blasters                                                                           

1. Sachin Tendulkar (captain) (India)

2. Virender Sehwag (India)

3. VVS Laxman (India)

4. Brian Lara (West Indies)

5. Sourav Ganguly (India)

6. Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka)

7. Carl Hooper (West Indies)

8. Moin Khan (Pakistan)

9. Muttaiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka)

10. Graeme Swann (England)

11. Curtly Ambrose (West Indies)

12. Shaun Pollock (South Africa)

13. Glenn McGrath (Australia)

14. Lance Klusener (South Africa)

15. Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan)

Warne's Warriors

1. Shane Warne (captain) (Australia)

2. Matthew Hayden (Australia)

3. Michael Vaughan (England)

4. Ricky Ponting (Australia)

5. Jonty Rhodes (South Africa)

6. Jacques Kallis (South Africa)

7. Andrew Symonds (Australia)

8. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)

9. Saqlain Mushtaq (Pakistan)

10. Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)

11. Courtney Walsh (West Indies)

12. Wasim Akram (Pakistan)

13. Allan Donald (South Africa)

14. Ajit Agarkar (India)

You're very welcome, Julie! :) Even though these are T20 matches, I might actually catch a bit of the action, since there are so many legendary players involved. 

Crikey! I think the word that you are looking for here (as far as NZ's 1st innings batting performance goes) , is massacre! :wacko: Kudos to Kane Williamson for exhibiting some fighting spirit! And a big kudos to Steve Smith and the boys! They deserve to win this test match, hands down! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So how did the Cricket All-Stars U.S. tour go? What is the consensus...was it a financial and/or aesthetic success?

Ticket prices for Saturday night's Dodger Stadium match were outrageously expensive so I went to the L.A. Kings hockey game instead.

Archived