Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
The Rover

Noel Gallahger on Jimmy Page

I'm not surprised by his comments. NG's biggest fan has always been himself. Oasis was bigger than the Beatles too. Remember that one?

How did that prediction work out?

The putdown of Lindsay Buckingham is as silly as the putdown of Jimmy.  Lindsey is brilliant, the best Oasis song (whatever that is) does not measure up to the stuff Buckingham did with Fleetwood Mac in the 70's.

He's either trying to be funny or he has a drug problem.

just stumbled upon this. the guy is probably more famous for being a twat than a good musician, he's always taking shots at others; even his own bandmates, to get in the headlines. Ive never heard his music before and there is probably a good reason for it.

Edited by sk8rat

Yeah I've never been found anything particularly special about him, his music.. or his unibrow  :shifty:

Same for the brother. No thanks. 

What does it matter how many solo albums you've done?

And how brilliant is he really? He's one of the most boring guitarists, from one of the worlds most overrated and boring bands ( who even their fans think had been on the decline since their second album), he's a boring singer who writes boring songs. Whenever I hear any of his High Flying Birds stuff on the radio it only takes a couple of bars before my mind wanders.

For me Cast, The Stone Roses and Artic Monkeys were/are better bands. Buckingham is a really underrated guitarist and the Oasis stuff I sort of enjoyed were easily from 20years ago.

That seems very tabloidish to me and inaccurate. I thought oasis was congratulating plant, jones and page after the show in07....anyway who cares, everything is good with music.

Noel says a lot of things with tongue firmly in cheek. In this recent interview (from 7:05) he speaks positively in regard to Jimmy, stating that Whole Lotta Love is the "best riff of all time"

Oasis had a few decent songs (albeit derivative), but I'd still rather listen to Suede, Pulp, Supergrass, Blur, Stone Roses and Ride any day of the week.