Led Zeppelin Tour Rumours TRUE!

I just do not understand how Zeppelin can be so good, so popular, and so respected in the musical world yet continue to deny their fans of their music. As much as I love Zeppelin music, for many years I have felt cheated.

Peter, Robert, Jimmy, Jason - Love the music, respect the band, own all your albums and remasters. So lets just get on with it, TOUR and rock your fans into another dimension.

anolte

Memphis, TN

I just do not understand how Zeppelin can be so good, so popular, and so respected in the musical world yet continue to deny their fans of their music. As much as I love Zeppelin music, for many years I have felt cheated.

Peter, Robert, Jimmy, Jason - Love the music, respect the band, own all your albums and remasters. So lets just get on with it, TOUR and rock your fans into another dimension.

anolte

Memphis, TN

They didn't cheat us of anything. Hell if John Bonham never dies and Page somehow survives his addictions like he did, Zeppelin is probably still touring like the Rolling Stones are. Except they would actually have talent unlike the Stones now.

anolte

Memphis, TN

I can certainly understand being disappointed at never having seen them. I haven't either and it would be amazing to experience. But I think if they decide that the 02 show was it, it's not meant as a punishment to their fans who want and have always wanted to see them live. I'm sure they know that but the bigger picture is, THEY have to want it. I'd rather not have it happen if they were doing it just to do it. Then it won't have that same magic as the 02 show did because they chose to for great reasons.

Will it be in the beginning of the year next year?

Wow.

Uh, yeah, Led Zeppelin has confirmed that their new tour will start at my house...

...as soon as I put my Song Remains The Same soundtrack in the record player...lol

Seriously, I've been waiting for this my whole life and sincerely hope that they will do this.

anolte

Memphis, TN

I think thats all part of the attraction to me, here was a band that disbanded 27 years ago, never getting to see them pre 1980 , and having to look forward to any nuggets that were thrown at us in the intervening years ie. DVD, BBC sessions etc. Their legendry status kept intact due to them not really touting the name of Led Zeppelin (getting in others to replace Bonzo) to the media like other bands that have to !!

I think cheated is too strong a word, They have all toured since 1980, and we have or most of us on here enjoyed all their solo gigs leading up to an incredible night a few weeks ago !! They play songs of Zep in the sets. So its been a great time and I do not feel cheated.

They didn't cheat us of anything. Hell if John Bonham never dies and Page somehow survives his addictions like he did, Zeppelin is probably still touring like the Rolling Stones are. Except they would actually have talent unlike the Stones now.

You forget that the Stones are much older than Zep. To write that The Stones have no "talent" is a bit silly. Both groups have been ravaged by drug addiction and booze helping to inspire and erode their considerable skills. Since 1974 Robert could not keep up with his bandmates and almost always sang with a list of excuses. Jagger on the other hand is a money machine putting the party aside to give his fan's a glimpse of brit genius.

You forget that the Stones are much older than Zep. To write that The Stones have no "talent" is a bit silly. Both groups have been ravaged by drug addiction and booze helping to inspire and erode their considerable skills. Since 1974 Robert could not keep up with his bandmates and almost always sang with a list of excuses. Jagger on the other hand is a money machine putting the party aside to give his fan's a glimpse of brit genius.

:rolleyes: Tell us, B-Bender, exactly what 'excuses' you are referring to.

hopefully they come to Minneapolis!!

Well, if I were to dream vividly- Texas would be on the agenda as well.

But, it seems that I would have better luck with mushroom "dreams" from the cowpatties from the ranch behind my house. LOL. :D

Seriously though, I would be first in line for Zep concert tickets... when it happens.

A bit older, don't know about much older! I think Keith Richards is a few weeks older than Jimmy, for example.

I saw all three of the Stones gigs at the O2 last year, and had a great time, but was very concious of all the other people (backing singers, horn section etc.) up on stage with them...maybe a dozen in total. I saw the Who a couple of times in 2007 too, and the same can be said for them, albeit to a lesser degree. Led Zep don't need anyone else, just the four are required.

BTW Seeing the Stones and the Who and Led Zep in the same year made 2007 pretty special!

Three of my favourite bands ever.

A bit older, don't know about much older! I think Keith Richards is a few weeks older than Jimmy, for example.

I saw all three of the Stones gigs at the O2 last year, and had a great time, but was very concious of all the other people (backing singers, horn section etc.) up on stage with them...maybe a dozen in total. I saw the Who a couple of times in 2007 too, and the same can be said for them, albeit to a lesser degree. Led Zep don't need anyone else, just the four are required.

BTW Seeing the Stones and the Who and Led Zep in the same year made 2007 pretty special!

Three of my favourite bands ever.

I think you make a good point about the back-up musicians. Ive caught every Stones tour since '78 and most Who tours since '79 and the amount of supplemental musicians needed for each band has been a little disturbing (although, as you correctly pointed out, to a lesser extent with the Who). The last decent tour for the Stones, in my view, was the '89 steel wheels tour (last one with Bill Wyman). About the best you can expect with the Stones now are a few decent moments (e.g., Sway). And while the Who '00 tour was unbelievable (I saw them twice at MSG and they were really re-energized), they havent been the same without Entwistle. I had skipped the Who's '89 tour, where they had numerous back-up musicians, and the most recent tour, with Simon on guitar, because it wasnt how I want to remember the Who. And that leads us to Led Zeppelin -- as you said, they dont need anyone else. Ive seen over 200 concerts since 1977 and the Led Zeppelin O2 show was the best. It was an old school rock concert, rather than some sort of las vegas nostalgia act (e.g., the Stones) or half-assed reunion tour with the band simply going through the motions (e.g., Genesis).

In the words of David Fricke:

"[T]he band that played underneath those memories last night was not the one that misfired at Live Aid in 1985 or again in New York in 1988. This one was rehearsed, ready and out to kill. This band was Led Zeppelin in every way."

I think you make a good point about the back-up musicians. Ive caught every Stones tour since '78 and most Who tours since '79 and the amount of supplemental musicians needed for each band has been a little disturbing (although, as you correctly pointed out, to a lesser extent with the Who). The last decent tour for the Stones, in my view, was the '89 steel wheels tour (last one with Bill Wyman). About the best you can expect with the Stones now are a few decent moments (e.g., Sway). And while the Who '00 tour was unbelievable (I saw them twice at MSG and they were really re-energized), they havent been the same without Entwistle. I had skipped the Who's '89 tour, where they had numerous back-up musicians, and the most recent tour, with Simon on guitar, because it wasnt how I want to remember the Who. And that leads us to Led Zeppelin -- as you said, they dont need anyone else. Ive seen over 200 concerts since 1977 and the Led Zeppelin O2 show was the best. It was an old school rock concert, rather than some sort of las vegas nostalgia act (e.g., the Stones) or half-assed reunion tour with the band simply going through the motions (e.g., Genesis).

In the words of David Fricke:

"[T]he band that played underneath those memories last night was not the one that misfired at Live Aid in 1985 or again in New York in 1988. This one was rehearsed, ready and out to kill. This band was Led Zeppelin in every way."

Agree, and Amen

For me, and I think for all the young guys who dreams to be in that great 70's and now are makeing music (I play the Bass and want to create a band), is like that dream is come true. And now we have the answer.

I woul like to said: Thanks Led Zeppelin for gave us this wonderful present.

Enough already with tour rumors.

Until I hear an official announcement from the band themselves, then I won't be led into beliving any of the rumors.

I agree with you! Why dreaming about a tour .. they are just rumors!

and if it dosen't happens .. :'(

Just broken dreams and pain!!

I don't mean I don't want a tour, obviously I want to see Led Zep!

I've never see them before!! (I even had not born hehe ^_^ )

It would be like a dream come true!! :yay:

But I'll wait to an official announcement too!

Someday the true gonna to come out! ;)

>>Ny<<

Led Zeppelin To Meet This Month

Bassist John Paul Jones says that Led Zeppelin are due to meet later this month. What could it be about? A tour? New album? Whose round is it?

Speaking with Rolling Stone magazine, Jones told veteran journalist David Fricke:

"There is a band meeting in January."

He then added: "It could be fun to do more stuff."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/179...of_led_zeppelin

There's another thread about JPJ's RS interview.

What fills me with hope is that he talks about the band in the present / future tense.

'I can only wish we could play 2000 seaters forever, because that's where it sounds great.'

Wouldn't seeing them in a theatre be bloody amazing?!

There's another thread about JPJ's RS interview.

What fills me with hope is that he talks about the band in the present / future tense.

'I can only wish we could play 2000 seaters forever, because that's where it sounds great.'

Wouldn't seeing them in a theatre be bloody amazing?!

I think I got the last issue of RS in the city, finally found one in a grocer behind other mags lol.

Whew! That was close. Plant talked about how it was the only thing he wanted to do now too, so there you have that in a nutshell on a balcony, tossing Jimmys empty ketchup bottles into Puget sound heeee.

My finger hurts from holding it like this.

Can anyone please help a poor lil rich girl? I have me own ketchup?

Musharky/Red Snapper Incident

Shadow

Lol a source close to the band? Hmm I want to believe this so bad buh I think it might have been all over the news if that were true. Well it was worth it just for the pic of Rob *droooooooooooool*

I am a Pagey fan to beat all Pagey fans. Well I love them all. Wouldnt it be all over the news if it werent true? Sources close to the band could be anyone from the postman to Plant himself. None of them wanted it to crash like the heavy blimp and they dont want to spread false rumours either. I say we all have positive energy and vibes, the band will know this and be more inclined to hit the road w lasers and a cute lil blonde fiddle player if need be. That woule be a trip if she sang harmonies on BOE. They killed the one rumor, but this one, well?

Shad :unsure: w

Archived