Led Zeppelin Tour Rumours TRUE!

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=89386

==AND?==

Shad :unsure: w

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=89386

==AND?==

Shad :unsure: w

I'm with you on this one Shadow. I am an optimist. Although, I would like for them to play in San Antonio as well as the Garden. :yay:

If the tour were timed right, it would not be THAT exhausting (I would hope). The back-to-back tour dates would stink from my point of view. My husband is a musician, and when they play gigs too close together it is tiring.

What about Led Zeppelin headlining Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN, June 12-15TH?

....never was gonna happen....Zeppelin could attract single handedly more people than that festival attracts anyway if they wanted to.....

He's remaining non-committal because he knows if George Michael and Andrew Ridgely reform Wham this summer THAT will be the reunion tour of the decade.

Sorry Steve. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around Wham as competition for the reunion of the decade if Zep were contenders. I don't know what Wham's popularity in the UK was/is- but I never really cared to consider them <_< either.

Just can't get the concept- not here in the U.S. at least.

Sorry Steve. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around Wham as competition for the reunion of the decade if Zep were contenders. I don't know what Wham's popularity in the UK was/is- but I never really cared to consider them <_< either.

Just can't get the concept- not here in the U.S. at least.

Now, even I'M fairly sure it was a joke. :unsure:

Btw, the title of this thread is very misleading . . .

Now, even I'M fairly sure it was a joke. :unsure:

Btw, the title of this thread is very misleading . . .

Hello,

Blue, Steve, and all. Now true oxymorons may be somewhat hard to comprehend, but why should an oxymoron be misleading? The world is full of them, I havent been hammering every thread here talking about the absolute surity of a tour have I?

No!

I bring actual news to the forum, and music, and laughter dont I?

How is it the pessimists are automatically more correct than the optimists? Has something in the world twisted just a bit?

Anyone remember my thread that said LZ was going to do a reuinion show? Everyone at that time was trying to say the same sort of things then right?

Anyone remember all the years and years and years of me saying "The willl get back together, trust me, unless one dies they will do it?"

OPINE?

The tour rumours were true then, and this thread will come "To it's fruition," just like all the others over the years I helped keep alive while all the pessimists were sitting around argueing if theres a god or faith in the world.....hee. Well I stretched that a bit, but just for a point. If you really think about it though, are they absolutely necessarily mutually exclusive?

No?

Every thread, fabric, atom and ion in existence is intricately related....just because they cannot be proven "absolute" because time hasnt passed yet for them to be PROVEN as true doesnt mean they are not so.

Not an arguement at all, a simple fact some people have issues with, quite the short and long of it. Optimists have every right to be an optimist. Plus some people are just smarter than others, or have more information, you decide.

Think moolah? Think maybe it sounds a bit more like Roberts baby too? He is tired of the question is why he feels exasperated. He may be after marrying blonders and settling down in America, hmmmm? Man it sure would save him taxes again huh?

Anyways I have had a nice happy day and hope my pen pals here do too.

"Jimmy on one, on one again."

Shad :unsure: w (hey alright i'm a far sighted icon ok)

PS Krauss, "Blonders" is a joke sweetie. I like you when you do your own material...

<grammatical semi edit>

I'm sorry....what is the "See Above" referring to in your Description Title ? ?

The ONLY Rumor so far, is that "another reunion session", IF, it took place, would happen no sooner than September.

Another "session" is no more a "Tour" announcement, than the Decemeber "Reunion" ! ! !

But, I guess we'll get wild specualtion passed off as credible, until then . . .

From Jimmy:

Dan Sloan of Reuters reports that LED ZEPPELIN won't have another reunion session before September at the earliest, lead guitarist Jimmy Page said in Tokyo on Monday.

A successful reunion show in London in December rekindled hopes of a world tour, but Page said that singer Robert Plant's tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss is keeping him busy for now.

"I can assure you the amount of work that we put into the O2 (concert), for ourselves rehearsing and the staging of it, was probably what you put into a world tour," Page said.

But, "Robert Plant also had a parallel project running and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news."

Page, in Tokyo to promote a greatest hits release, painted a happy picture of the reunion.

"It was exhilarating, fantastic, every week was a week to look forward to," he said. "We did the show and it was great."

:cheer:

Okay. now we're talking. :thumbsup:

Ever the cool and mysterious ones aren't they?

Well I will keep large sums of cash liquid- to grease the scalper's palms (nasty sons of she dogs). :rant:

I don't see paying $70K for tickets though. Think someone can outfox the leeches when tickets become available?

I've actually started a thread along similar lines. A statement saying either, ' we're considering plans to go on' or 'thanks for the support but that's it' shouldn't be to much to ask in this festive season.

It could be the best Crimbo present we've ever had!

I also thought that. but now I think that if they won't do this. they could said ir before. now, everyone is expecting this, we, the fans, are making this almost a fact. If they won't make the tour, Page should say: "sorry, but we won't" but he said "Not till september, becouse plant it's busy."

I left for work really early. My wife called around 6am. Told me there is gonna be a tour. Instant high, I was walking on air. Then instant buzz kill, till I hear it from Robert gonna hold off on selling everything I hold dear to see every show I can. Still, no harm in keeping good thoughts. PLEASE GOD LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

I left for work really early. My wife called around 6am. Told me there is gonna be a tour. Instant high, I was walking on air. Then instant buzz kill, till I hear it from Robert gonna hold off on selling everything I hold dear to see every show I can. Still, no harm in keeping good thoughts. PLEASE GOD LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

I believe it will happen- just after Zeptember when the current obligations are met. That is the way I interpret the situation. B)

I believe it will happen- just after Zeptember when the current obligations are met. That is the way I interpret the situation. B)

More like further discussions, if any, will have to wait until September. As of now, there are no agreements pending.

Seriously though ... GUYS and GALS.. the long faced... the haven't said anything yet... this isn't going to happen... Robert's got other things to do ...

LOL contingent is really starting to look a bit silly at this point......

Right now as of this day... Many Many people would be SHOCKED if Zeppelin doesn't play shows...

AND ALLISON KRAUSE unless you want to become the bane of MILLIONS of paying music fans across the world..

I WOULD NOT BOOK those Unannounced June and July dates... The Krause tour is booked through may... no shows are announced after that..

NOR should there be... Ms Krause Needs to COMPREHEND what's going on here and tell Robert to stop playing around her skirt and head home...

Seriously though ... GUYS and GALS.. the long faced... the haven't said anything yet... this isn't going to happen... Robert's got other things to do ...

LOL contingent is really starting to look a bit silly at this point......

Right now as of this day... Many Many people would be SHOCKED if Zeppelin doesn't play shows...

AND ALLISON KRAUSE unless you want to become the bane of MILLIONS of paying music fans across the world..

I WOULD NOT BOOK those Unannounced June and July dates... The Krause tour is booked through may... no shows are announced after that..

NOR should there be... Ms Krause Needs to COMPREHEND what's going on here and tell Robert to stop playing around her skirt and head home...

I think I know who looks a bit silly here, and that's people who post crap like that.

Archived