The Led Zeppelin Book List

thozil

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, HollywoodBowl1998 said:

image.png.5353d681277af5e15a875b9202d850dc.pngUnless I missed it in the thread, there's this too. It was the first Zep book I read. Lots of crazy stories.

This one has been discredited along with Hammer of the Gods.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:21 AM, 44Henry said:

Maybe so .. but fun reads .. and who know if the true story's will ever come out . I am sure the main protagonists will stay tight lipped in this day and age

On 5/3/2022 at 3:21 AM, 44Henry said:

How much of these two books have been discredited? like some or most of the books?  Any notable things you remember that are straight up wrong?  Overall, that's too bad, they were such good reads.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 12:08 PM, 44Henry said:

"Finding Jimmy Page" read to me like fan fiction or self-published. The publisher is a small university press, so it probably is close to self-published. I can't imagine Mr. Page being pleased with the subject matter or conjecture on his personal life including an ex-wife - fiction or not.

There was no need for Spitz's book. He and the publisher cashing in on the Zeppelin name and providing nothing new. It's nothing more than a fat and shiny package by a big publisher released just before Christmas in an attempt to market to a larger audience than the die hard fans.

Agreed on the Spitz book. Hammer of the Gods repackaged to look highbrow. I saw an interview where he said before writing the book he did not own one Zeppelin record.

The Hallenberg book "Searching for Jimmy Page" was straight up fan fiction.