England

leddy

True !! but what has he won as a manager ?? as he is a motivator but if that doesn't get you anywhere whats the point ??

Everyone knows the big four have a monopoly at the moment. That's not likely to change anytime soon. But clubs like Newcastle should be real challangers. They have a tradition of playing, as my Father used to say. "Great Fitba" IMO Keegan is the man to get that component back. Say what you want but he's the right man for the moment

Yeah, you just have to think of it from an American's point of view, we obviously think of Football as something different, so if we used the world "football" when talking about either one, we'd have people asking "which one?" every time. And even for you Brits, if every time an American was talking about it with you, and they always said "football", you might not even know what they mean, because you wouldn't know if they were using your terminology or theirs! So to save confusion, we just have a different word for it, and you'll always know what we mean (even though it bugs you). Dig?

Also you have to see it from the English point of view...dig ??? oh and nice shirts !! :)

Everyone knows the big four have a monopoly at the moment. That's not likely to change anytime soon. But clubs like Newcastle should be real challangers. They have a tradition of playing, as my Father used to say. "Great Fitba" IMO Keegan is the man to get that component back. Say what you want but he's the right man for the moment

Yes I agree to some extent, he is the man for the moment, but thats it, not in 6 months time, it doen't matter to me as I don't support Newcastle and I think keegan is a great honest wwear your heart on your sleeve kinda guy, which I love but i just feel after the euphoria has died down it will end up as it always does with Keegan...him walking away under pressure !! But hey there should be some good 4-3 games in prospect :D

Do you mind its FOOTBALL in here, we know nothing of soccer !! <_<

At the moment we know very little about football either. International that is. :D I agree about Newcastle though, I wish they'd just win something to give to their long suffering fans.

Sorry Leddy and Legacy - you just don't understand.

We never wanted Sam - or Souness, or Gullit, or Dalglish. We want people who understand - yeah a trophy would be nice, but we want to be ENTERTAINED, we want a saturday afternoon to be FUN, we want passion and pride and LAUGHS and skill - not overpaid cheating nancy boys. I wouldn't be a Man U fan for all the trophies in the world - all that skill and they still have to cheat - and Sir Alex looks like he's had more fun in a morgue.

If you had been there for any of those classic Keegan games, like I was, you might have an inkling. As it is, Geordies just laugh at your type of debates and discussions. A step back? You ought to be in Shearer's Bar tonight.

Listen I am not saying we are better than you two - not at all, that would be daft. I'm just saying you don't get it - and even that isn't a criticism, it's just how it is.

I'm still pretty bloody happy. :beer:

We never wanted Sam - or Souness, or Gullit, or Dalglish. We want people who understand - yeah a trophy would be nice, but we want to be ENTERTAINED, we want a saturday afternoon to be FUN, we want passion and pride and LAUGHS and skill - not overpaid cheating nancy boys. I wouldn't be a Man U fan for all the trophies in the world - all that skill and they still have to cheat - and Sir Alex looks like he's had more fun in a morgue.

If you had been there for any of those classic Keegan games, like I was, you might have an inkling. As it is, Geordies just laugh at your type of debates and discussions. A step back? You ought to be in Shearer's Bar tonight.

Listen I am not saying we are better than you two - not at all, that would be daft. I'm just saying you don't get it - and even that isn't a criticism, it's just how it is.

Your a true supporter Knebby. You'll get your wish :)

I see Chris Coleman has just left Real Sociedad, wouldnt be supprized if he comes in as Keegan's assistant.

I asked about her thoughts on that on the Random Thread. Seems that we're talking about this all over the place ... I'll post a Keegan thread

Conserning England or the way of life there as a preference would anyone from there like to give their thoughts on why Robert Plant & Page chose to remain there ,when some artist such as David Bowie,Qzzy,Elvis Costello ------became more American?

Conserning England or the way of life there as a preference would anyone from there like to give their thoughts on why Robert Plant & Page chose to remain there ,when some artist such as David Bowie,Qzzy,Elvis Costello ------became more American?

It's their home. Their families are there. Maybe they really love being there?

It's their home. Their families are there. Maybe they really love being there?

These are obvious truths---I am interested in knowing what of England itself & the English culture may have been motivating factors---of course it was nice of you to respond.

You don't need to be sorry, and I do understand as i am glad he is back, his teams are exciting to watch !! However my team who you claim to be cheats :rant: have off loaded to of our players to your team Butt and Smith !!!

I too do not care if I win trophies as when I first supported Manchester back in 1974 they were a 2nd division team (if it were Man City who were relegated the season before and not United then I probably be a City supporter). from that time to 1989 we won just 3 fa cups and for a club who claims to be the biggest is and was sad, but that didn't matter as your passion for you team is beyond anything normal (Think Led Zep I guess). Ferguson is a bloody good manager and he does in fact smile alot and without him we would still be a 2nd div team, say what you will about him, he is a winner and turned my team back into a winning team after 20 years in the wilderness !!

I do wish you well though and can't wait for the battles to begin again !! :P

Apologies Leddy I said what I said totally forgetting that you support Man U - I wasn't trying to be provocative.

Mates? :beer:

Not a problem I just like to get on my high horse :) , I tell you what though I have been in bed all week with this wretched flu, I have had the radio 5 on and its all Keegan, I have got into it so much that I just dragged my weary caucus out of bed to watch the press conference on TV. I have to say Keegan was on form and controlled the press beautifully and looked determined !!

The one thing you see on the Newcastle skyline as you come in to your city is the stadium and thats such a cool thing with the advent of stadiums on the outside or outskirts of the towns / cities. I also loved what he said abut people working all week and want to be entertained, like southerners going to the theatre..he summed that up well !! If nothing else the footy is going to be great to watch !!

:beer:

You two should watch a really good & entertaing team - Wigan Ath. :yay:

OMG Hammerhead ... I never realised there was a fellow pie-eater around here! :o Afraid I'm with Leddy in my football allegiance, though - been a Man United fan all my life! :blush:

These are obvious truths---I am interested in knowing what of England itself & the English culture may have been motivating factors---of course it was nice of you to respond.

I don't think it can be put any simpler than what ninelives said.

Perhaps on one level they didn't want to move to, say, America, because America was really where they made it 'big' and maybe they didn't think they could live as anonymously there as they do here?

Archived