England

leddy

Well thats three premiership sides thru to the quarter finals !! Lets hoe they avoid each other !!

Make it four.

Interesting fact:

Liverpool have won more European Cups/Champions Leagues than the other 7 participants left have combined. :blink:

Old England: The Waterboys

A man looks up on a yellow sky

and the rain turns to rust in his eye

rumours of his health are lies

old england is dying

his clothes are dirty shade of blue

and his ancient shoes worn through

he steals from me and he lies to you

old england is dying

still he sings an empires song

and still he keeps his Navy strong

and he sticks his flag where it Ill belongs

old england is dying

you're asking what makes me sigh now

what it is makes me shudder so

well

I just freeze in the wind

and I'm numb from the pummeling of the snow

that falls from high in yellow skies

where the well loved flag of england flies

Where the homes are warm and the mothers sigh

where comedians laugh and babies cry

where criminals are televised politicians fraternized

journalists are dignified and everyone is civilised

and children stare with heroin eyes, heroin eyes, heroin eyes

Old England!

evening has fallen

the swans are singing

the last of Sundays bells is ringing

the wind in the trees is sighing

and old england is dying

I just played some English kids in Call of Duty 4. They sucked, and kept calling my a bloody wanker. This is a true story by the way. Anywho, none of the friends I was playing with could understand half of the shit these 3 guys were saying, so we proceeded to make fun of their "accent".

Today was a good day :P

OK, my original predictions made at the start of the 6 Nations.

Wales 10pts (Grand Slam and Triple Crown winners)

England 7pts

France 6pts

Ireland 5pts

Italy 2pts

Scotland 2pts (Calcutta Cup winners)

Actual results

England 6pts

France 6pts

Ireland 4pts

Italy 2pts

So I wasn't far out :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
OK, my original predictions made at the start of the 6 Nations.

England 7pts

France 6pts

Ireland 5pts

Italy 2pts

Actual results

England 6pts

France 6pts

Ireland 4pts

Italy 2pts

So I wasn't far out :unsure:

So whats your prediction on who will win the European cup , sorry the Champions league mate ??

• 4 months later...
Man Utd.

You were right old buddy :) I am sure there is a Welsh thread here so well done to Nicole Cooke for winning gold in the Cycling road race and being the first for great Britain at the Olympics!!!

You were right old buddy :) I am sure there is a Welsh thread here so well done to Nicole Cooke for winning gold in the Cycling road race and being the first for great Britain at the Olympics!!!

Of course I was mate. Whatever I say comes true - doesn't it? ;) Good to have you back on the board, must admit I've been away for a long time - but not a lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time as I've kept in touch with those who mean a lot to me. :wave:

And well done Wales - we need as much help as we can get if we're to reach our target of 41 medals! :blink:

Why don't I see England in the Olympics in soccer? Or why not in the Euro Cup? Did they fail to qualify? If so, what is wrong?

We failed to qualify for Euro 2008 because we're shit. And we can't just have England playing football for the Olympics - we'd need Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland player's too, and no one thought to get a team together for it.

We failed to qualify for Euro 2008 because we're shit. And we can't just have England playing football for the Olympics - we'd need Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland player's too, and no one thought to get a team together for it.

Hard to believe. All the good leagues being in England, its hard to imagine them going through this long of a slump. Let's hope they make the next World Cup.

ok posted this in the america thread, but i didn't get any answers...so i'm looking to you brits since i saw this in a campground in yorkshire last week hanging over a motorhome with local plates...

anybody know the meaning behind this flag???

n566304403_616897_6650.jpg

They won't ever do well, because all the 'good' teams in England have a shit load of foreign players. Take them out and all you've got left are a handful of English player's left per team (not even that, for some of them).

Excuse me for being a dumb american when it comes to soccer, but I really do love watching the world cup and I always cheer for England. What happened to Michael Owen? And the guy who plays for the LA Galaxy? England should be a good team. No excuse. Do you think the coach's are to blame at all?

Excuse me for being a dumb american when it comes to soccer, but I really do love watching the world cup and I always cheer for England. What happened to Michael Owen? And the guy who plays for the LA Galaxy? England should be a good team. No excuse. Do you think the coach's are to blame at all?

I hope you don't think I was implying you were 'a dumb American'. Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, if I did.

Michael Owen plays for Newcastle United, and is continually injured. He was at his peak, I think, during '98, I don't think he's been the same since. David Beckham is nearing his retirement age for international football (if he hasn't done so already), so we've got to look for younger players, but the younger players aren't playing because foreign players are taking their place. There's been a bit of a debate for some time about the amount of foreign players we should allow per club.

The FA won't ever hire a manager with the bollocks to motivate a team. They usually go for the managers that'll do what they want. The best manager there never was was called Brian Clough - 'Ol Big 'Ead. Look him up. Legend.

We should be a good team, but we haven't won a thing since 1966 :(

Archived