England

leddy

I thought I was gonna have a heart attack watching Christine Ohuruogu's 400m race. The words that were coming from my mouth whilst I was watching it - I can safely say I wasn't a lady :D

Well done Team GB - it seems we are good at some things B)

It was amazing to watch her come back from about 5th place to snatch it near the line !! well done :)

On another front, what the hell are we to do with our national football team ?? what a bad performance againt the Czech republic !!

Drop a few of them and shake the buggers up.

Lampard and A Cole for starters.

Playing people in the positions they play for their clubs might help.

:blink:

Drop a few of them and shake the buggers up.

Lampard and A Cole for starters.

Playing people in the positions they play for their clubs might help.

:blink:

How you doing mate ? Yes lampard is a waste of space and well done Stoke on sat, good to be back in the top flight I bet :)

How you doing mate ? Yes lampard is a waste of space and well done Stoke on sat, good to be back in the top flight I bet :)

I'm good. and you?

Yes it was a good win and people around here are eager for more. :D

Lamp[ard is great for Chelsea but even though i only saw the highlights of the match his name ever hardly came up, He doesn't get a look in but he rarely gets within 30 yards of the box for England.

Dont score many goals from the half way line. :blink:

I'm good. and you?

Yes it was a good win and people around here are eager for more. :D

Lamp[ard is great for Chelsea but even though i only saw the highlights of the match his name ever hardly came up, He doesn't get a look in but he rarely gets within 30 yards of the box for England.

Dont score many goals from the half way line. :blink:

Yeh am ok, I ,lost my dad 7 weeks ago and spent the prior 8 weeks or so being with him in hospital as much as I could, we both managed to see the Champions league final together in the day room in manchester royal infirmary, which was a nice memory to have.

I hope you and hull stay up, Hull have started well, but your win over Villa who fancy themselves as a top 5 club was a good win for you guys.

Lampard for Chelsea is ok but as you say England he just doesn't do a thing !

To you folks from England. Do you think London is ready or should I say, will be ready for such an undertaking in four years? I suppose if one wants to attend from the States he/she would have to book at least a year in advance don't you think? Maybe having the Olympics there will actually help the city of London long term as far as work getting done to improve things? There are some skeptics I have heard. Fearing terrorism, given the subway incidents and such? Let's hope the security is on top of it.

It didn't stop people riding the Tube the day after, never mind three years on. We don't live in fear of terrorism, because we won't be beaten.

I think we'll be ready in time, as long as we keep the faith in the organizers and London, then we can do it. If we shoot them down before it's already started, then we haven't got a cat in hells chance.

And Leddy, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad :(

To you folks from England. Do you think London is ready or should I say, will be ready for such an undertaking in four years? I suppose if one wants to attend from the States he/she would have to book at least a year in advance don't you think? Maybe having the Olympics there will actually help the city of London long term as far as work getting done to improve things? There are some skeptics I have heard. Fearing terrorism, given the subway incidents and such? Let's hope the security is on top of it.

I think we will be ready and put on a vibrant games !!

It didn't stop people riding the Tube the day after, never mind three years on. We don't live in fear of terrorism, because we won't be beaten.

I think we'll be ready in time, as long as we keep the faith in the organizers and London, then we can do it. If we shoot them down before it's already started, then we haven't got a cat in hells chance.

And Leddy, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad :(

I was working in Selfridges when the IRA bombed it--everybody was back at work the next morning.

Yeh am ok, I ,lost my dad 7 weeks ago and spent the prior 8 weeks or so being with him in hospital as much as I could, we both managed to see the Champions league final together in the day room in manchester royal infirmary, which was a nice memory to have.

I hope you and hull stay up, Hull have started well, but your win over Villa who fancy themselves as a top 5 club was a good win for you guys.

Lampard for Chelsea is ok but as you say England he just doesn't do a thing !

Really sorry about your dad. I've been there :(

Good you got to see the final together though :)

Hopefully we will get some good results, its never easy for the smaller clubs coming up. Time for a change though and next year some of the bigger ones can go down.

Really sorry about your dad. I've been there :(

Good you got to see the final together though :)

Hopefully we will get some good results, its never easy for the smaller clubs coming up. Time for a change though and next year some of the bigger ones can go down.

Cheers :) Yes I think there might be a surprise this year who goes down !!

Just read back--very sorry about your dad, Leddy. I've been there, too. Nice to think of the two of you watching the final together, though. :)

Thanks and yes it was really good seeing it with him, I remember the last time we won it in 1999, we both with my ex hit the streets of manchester city centre and what a party :). This time after the final whistle he thanked me for getting him in a chair and taking him in the day room to see it, it was the least I could do. I really lost my best friend and I also remember how he lived the journey with me of me trying to get to see Zeppelin last year and how really happy he was for me when Whyallah stepped in gave me the chance of going .

Just read back--very sorry about your dad, Leddy. I've been there, too. Nice to think of the two of you watching the final together, though. :)

Thanks and yes it was really good seeing it with him, I remember the last time we won it in 1999, we both with my ex hit the streets of manchester city centre and what a party :). This time after the final whistle he thanked me for getting him in a chair and taking him in the day room to see it, it was the least I could do. I really lost my best friend, I also remember how he lived the journey with me of me trying to get to see Zeppelin last year, how really happy he was for me when Whyallah stepped in gave me the chance of going .

What a perfectly English day I've had. All the young'ns started school again, it rained continuously, had cottage pie for tea, and I spent my evening in the pub, having a laugh, drinking and doing the quiz - the killer question being about Showaddywaddy - and, in all inevitability, failing spectacularly (we were the youngest there).

It's absolutely freezing, considering we're just out of August. There are days I wish I was somewhere warm and sunny. Then there are days like today. When everything that could happen, did, and it was so English. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

:D

. Then there are days like today. When everything that could happen, did, and it was so English. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

:D

Couldn't agree more :)

Knebby what has happened to King Kev ??

i want to move to england to start my music career. that's where all the good stuff come out of, anyways. plus i think the brits are awesome...

So why will you not say where your from ?? :), can't be that bad is it ??

Do I dare say well done England football team tonight :unsure: , another poor performce against a team that has no airports, stations and one road that runs through its country/state. They also have what 60'00 people living there..someone give me hope please on the game against Croatia on Wednesday night :( .

Do I dare say well done England football team tonight :unsure: , another poor performce against a team that has no airports, stations and one road that runs through its country/state. They also have what 60'00 people living there..someone give me hope please on the game against Croatia on Wednesday night :( .

Luckily, I was spared the dismal performance. Thanks Setanta <_<

Though I must say, how the fuck can us mere mortal's support our national football team when the only one channel that has all the rights for away matches is a subscription only digital channel? BBC doesn't even MOTD because Shitanta wants a million per episode just for highlights.

Only 734,000 people saw the England last night, according to the Mail on Sunday.

Again, thanks Setanta <_<

:angry: LEWIS HAMILTON DEMOTED TO THIRD, FOR ........ FOR WHAT EXACTLY ? :angry:

FORMULA ONE STEWARDS HAND THE WIN TO FERRARI - (What a surprise, another massive favour !)

Having watched and played competetive sport since the 60s, I can safely say, hand on heart I have never witnessed a consistently more biased sport than F1.

How many more times are they going to rule against McLaren for trivial, even nothing-offences, and sweep Ferrari's indiscretions under the carpet.

I'd like to describe today's point of contention in detail - but along with everybody else I've spoken to, I can't even fathom which 'incident' they are talking about, that's how desperate F1 are getting to ensure Lewis hamilton (a black Englishman) DOES NOT WIN, and their beloved Ferrari (who seem to own the sport and ever official in it) picks up every race.

FORMULA ONE - SURELY THE MOST CORRUPT (jackbooted Nazi !) SPORT .... EVER ! :thumbdown:

Hmm came across this article by Ian Anderson and was wondering has any progress been made for Artists and potentially thier loved ones amongst others ?

UK COPY RIGHT LAWS

I wonder if this applies to Jonesy's involvement with DGM, where he essentially owns the rights to his own material he released through them. If it doesn't, then it may be an avenue for artists to consider, though some might find the trade-off of going to a smaller label with a far smaller advertising focus not worth it. Hopefully this UK copyright law gets changed, though. A lot of artists whose star has since fallen would be badly affected.

Archived