England

leddy

I never used to but i find english accents on women hot. Depending on the type. Sienna Miller's is hot. Are there different accents from differnet parts of England?? :blink:

Yes.

North West - Lancashire/Merseyside/Bolton/Manchester

North East - Newcastle upon Tyne/Sunderland/County Durham/Northumberland

Yorkshire - North, East and West Riding of Yorkshire

West Midlands - Birmingham/Wolverhamton/Dudley (ala Robert)

East Midlands - Nottingham/Derby/Leicester (ala me)

Estuary - London/Kent/Essex

West Country - Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Bristol

East Anglia - Suffolk/Norfolk

I never used to but i find english accents on women hot. Depending on the type. Sienna Miller's is hot. Are there different accents from differnet parts of England?? :blink:

You bet Spats, Cockney, Scouse, Brummie, Geordie, Manc, every city, every county has a different accent, not to forget Scotts, Irish and Welsh.

Now i find American "Broads" very sexy, very sexy indeed. :D

Regards, Danny

Yes.

North West - Lancashire/Merseyside/Bolton/Manchester

North East - Newcastle upon Tyne/Sunderland/County Durham/Northumberland

Yorkshire - North, East and West Riding of Yorkshire

West Midlands - Birmingham/Wolverhamton/Dudley (ala Robert)

East Midlands - Nottingham/Derby/Leicester (ala me)

Estuary - London/Kent/Essex

West Country - Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Bristol

East Anglia - Suffolk/Norfolk

Who you calling "Estuary"?

That was Wiki's doing. Don't blame me.

:D

You posted it, you takes the blame. :lol:

Never been so insulted in my life, and believe me i've been insulted by experts. :injured:

"Estuary" Indeed, ones is not amused. :watchingyou:

Regards, Danny

I'm deeply sorry, if it makes you feel better, have a whack at Nottingham.

I won't mind.

Hi LDW,

Not my style to get revenge, and i'm OK with people from Nottingham, i've just never been called "Estuary" before, i find it quite funny though, of all the things to call us, it does make a little sense though.

Regards, Danny

Hi LDW,

Not my style to get revenge, and i'm OK with people from Nottingham, i've just never been called "Estuary" before, i find it quite funny though, of all the things to call us, it does make a little sense though.

Regards, Danny

Phew - I can breathe again :D

I wasn't calling the accent Estuary (though it technically is), I was calling the area that uses it Estuary. It's so much more easier than saying Cockney and having people think that people from Essex or Kent speak with a Cockney accent - which, as you're aware, they don't.

Phew - I can breathe again :D

I wasn't calling the accent Estuary (though it technically is), I was calling the area that uses it Estuary. It's so much more easier than saying Cockney and having people think that people from Essex or Kent speak with a Cockney accent - which, as you're aware, they don't.

Hi LDW,

I was born a "Cockney" and i shall die one, we are the Greatest Race that ever lived and our Empire once covered one third of the Globe, as you will already know our "Criminals" were sent to Americia, Australia and Africia to bring civilisation too the World.

Well thats what my Grandad told me and he never spoke with a forked tongue, and dont forget, your roots are from "Cockneyland" as well.

Regards, Danny

PS, Essex and Kent as well as North, South, and West London are only "Plastic Cockneys" at best. :lol:

I guess "Defender of the Faith" has lost it's meaning as well.....

Yup. We've grown up and left that nonsense behind. Many (and by now probably most if the latest poll are anything to go) Britons don't go for archaic medieval sillyness like organized religions.

Just as in the Germany of the 1930's.... Paganism is on the march.... again ..

Huh? A non attachment to modern organised religions is akin to Nazi Germany?

Native Americans were 'Pagans' and got by perfectly well in happy existence for thousands of years...............until stomped on and almost wiped out by 'Christians'. :slapface:

:rolleyes:

What a tit. Savage bitching about drunks in England?

Hmmmm I don't know what is truly worse. Drunken folks in England or people repeatedly getting massacred by gun wielding nut jobs in American college campuses or shopping malls just because they have been jilted or are pissed off with daddy. Let me think now.....................................!!! :unsure:

Savage is the kind of ultra right wing Freerepublic scaremonger who one minute is claiming England is lost under Islam.................then the next minute claims it is lost under alcohol fueled madness. That's a complete juxtaposition. Which is it? It can't be both. Drunken societies and Islamic societies don't really go hand in hand.

I'd still like to visit though.

;)

You'd be welcome redrum. The British have always loved their booze. It's not news that we are a nation of drinkers and always have been. The pub and booze is a part of the very fabric of British society. There are fantastic pubs everywhere and I never see any problems. Here is one of my local watering holes.

TheCrabInn2004W.jpg

I fear you'd be disappointed.

Why would redrum be disappointed? Millions of Americans take happy vacations to England. It is the most popular overseas long haul destination for American holiday makers, or at least one of them.

Nothing to be disappointed about and there is enough of 'England' left to see and enjoy. :)

Don't see the issue - it's one less bigot not allowed into the country. I'm sure your country would be the same with regards to extremists from Britain.

Correct. And it wasn't only Michael Savage who was banned. There were also radical Islamics on the 'banned from entering Britain' list. Almost half of them on the named and shamed list are radical Islamics, as a matter of fact.

Here it is in full:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indiv..._United_Kingdom

Unfortunately, many right wing influenced headlines in the U.S.A conveniently ignored this fact. :slapface:

An inciter is an inciter. Doesn't matter which country he is from.

They were posting the English league scores on ESPN tonight. I see you have a team called Ham and SToke? Man.

West Ham (from the east end of London) and Stoke City (from the north).

I see Liverpool won 3-0.

There are alot of teams in the league. I didnt see a score for Manchester United? Maybe they just didnt play today?

Man Utd play local rivals Manchester City today.

Come on City................although I doubt they'll do anything. :(

Why would redrum be disappointed? Millions of Americans take happy vacations to England. It is the most popular overseas long haul destination for American holiday makers, or at least one of them.

Nothing to be disappointed about and there is enough of 'England' left to see and enjoy. :)

Well, I always worry about what other people would think of England. I do worry that they set their expectations too high if they already have a particular perspection of us.

A lot of people think of England as 'quaint' - and then you come here and see some chav lurking on a street corner, knocking back Stella. You have to really go outside the towns to see the quintessential, old-world, English villages. I live in a relatively modern one, but I'm surrounded by them. And they're all off the beaten track. How would you know where to go if you were a holidaymaker?

Now, I'm off to put pins in my Ronaldo doll...

What a tit. Savage bitching about drunks in England?

Hmmmm I don't know what is truly worse. Drunken folks in England or people repeatedly getting massacred by gun wielding nut jobs in American college campuses or shopping malls just because they have been jilted or are pissed off with daddy. Let me think now.....................................!!! :unsure:

Savage is the kind of ultra right wing Freerepublic scaremonger who one minute is claiming England is lost under Islam.................then the next minute claims it is lost under alcohol fueled madness. That's a complete juxtaposition. Which is it? It can't be both. Drunken societies and Islamic societies don't really go hand in hand.

Yeah, you have to take him with a grain of salt. I've listened to him since '95 (even called him once) and there's a lot of things he says that I don't agree on. But he takes on topics that most wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and that's what I like about him. I feel his frustration but then again being realistic, what the hell can you do about human behavior? Nada!! :slapface:

You'd be welcome redrum. The British have always loved their booze. It's not news that we are a nation of drinkers and always have been. The pub and booze is a part of the very fabric of British society. There are fantastic pubs everywhere and I never see any problems. Here is one of my local watering holes.

TheCrabInn2004W.jpg

Jolly good! :D

I've always liked that old pier at Blackpool.

:)

One of the Brit shows I like.

http://www.foyleswar.com/index.htm

I'd like to try fishing along the coast somewhere. :)

Yeah, you have to take him with a grain of salt. I've listened to him since '95 (even called him once) and there's a lot of things he says that I don't agree on. But he takes on topics that most wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and that's what I like about him. I feel his frustration but then again being realistic, what the hell can you do about human behavior? Nada!! :slapface:

I guess. And that was the point I was making. The British have always been a nation of boozers and drunks and it hasn't done us too badly before. :D It's not news. You only have to read the details of, say, Jack The Ripper to read that everybody seemed to be off their faces on alcohol and were staggering around coming out of pubs at 2.00 a.m.......and this was during the height of the Empire. During Elizabethan times beer was commonly drunk for breakfast in large quantities long before anybody ever drank tea.

Shock horror. The Brits drink a lot and often get drunk. Talk about 'news' that is a thousand years old LOL.

Mind you, we are still behind the Germans, Australians and Irish in terms of alcohol consumed per capita.

One of the Brit shows I like.

http://www.foyleswar.com/index.htm

Interesting, I never knew you'd get that show in America. I like that show too.

Well, I always worry about what other people would think of England. I do worry that they set their expectations too high if they already have a particular perspection of us.

Ah I see.

I've know a lot of Americans who have been here and loved it though.

A lot of people think of England as 'quaint' - and then you come here and see some chav lurking on a street corner, knocking back Stella. You have to really go outside the towns to see the quintessential, old-world, English villages.

I'm lucky enough to live in a place where quaint is more the norm than chav central.

I don't think most tourists go to inner city areas or modern faceless Brit towns. Even most Americans who visit London aren't going to many chav places. It's the same if you go to America or any other country. If you are clever, you will avoid going to gang areas or where the low lifes hang out. I don't think there are many chavs hanging around Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey or 'Big Ben' etc.

I live in a relatively modern one, but I'm surrounded by them. And they're all off the beaten track. How would you know where to go if you were a holidaymaker?

In this day and age the internet is a big help. Or a guide book. If somebody is really serious about finding quaint it shouldn't be too hard.

Now, I'm off to put pins in my Ronaldo doll...

Rats. I see that didn't work then. :(

I'd like to try fishing along the coast somewhere. :)

Well I'm not a fisherman but I'd doubt the fishing here would beat anything you have in America. I guess the coast fishing down in Devon or Cornwall might be nice though.

I've always liked that old pier at Blackpool.

:)

Sadly, Blackpool is not the place it used to be, IMHO. I have fond memories of the place from my childhood, but nowadays it has more than its fair share of chavs, and seems to be the North West England centre for stag and hen parties. Last time I went there it was overrun with drunken, shrieking women in sparkly pink cowboy hats and too few clothes, staggering round, drunk to the point of vomiting ... and this was the middle of the afternoon! :blink:

Maybe I was just there on a bad day ... :unsure:

Apologies to anyone who lives in Blackpool :(

Sadly, Blackpool is not the place it used to be, IMHO. I have fond memories of the place from my childhood, but nowadays it has more than its fair share of chavs, and seems to be the North West England centre for stag and hen parties. Last time I went there it was overrun with drunken, shrieking women in sparkly pink cowboy hats and too few clothes, staggering round, drunk to the point of vomiting ... and this was the middle of the afternoon! :blink:

Maybe I was just there on a bad day ... :unsure:

Apologies to anyone who lives in Blackpool :(

Unfortunately, it's likely you weren't. I have one friend who posted her exploits in Blackpool on her Facebook page - my eyes needed cleansing for quite some time after that. And she was with her mother, too.

Nottingham seems to have it's share of hen/stag dos, as well. I hate going out into town on Friday/Saturday/Sunday night for the pure reason that it's either full of chavs or drunken hen/stage parties.

Unfortunately, it's likely you weren't. I have one friend who posted her exploits in Blackpool on her Facebook page - my eyes needed cleansing for quite some time after that. And she was with her mother, too.

Nottingham seems to have it's share of hen/stag dos, as well. I hate going out into town on Friday/Saturday/Sunday night for the pure reason that it's either full of chavs or drunken hen/stage parties.

Pardon my ignorance again but can you explain what chavs and hen parties are? Thanks :)

Archived