England

leddy

I wonder why I missed that. The NFL games made some big news here but I heard nothing about the NHL games.

*cough...Liverpool...cough*.

I think most of it has to do with America already being ingrained with gridiron, baseball, basketball, ice hockey etc. America already has it's own sporting passions that won't ever be overtaken. Just like here. We have football, rugby and cricket and we've been watching professional games in those sports for well over 100 years. Gridiron (though an interesting novelty with one off games at Wembley) could never hope to usurp any of those sports here. It's all about traditions and what people are used to. :)

In fairness, they sent some real stinker of game their. I have been quite turned off with American football recently with all the refs taking too much time making calls behind a damn curtain when they should have gotten it right the first time. Hockey is by far and away my favorite sport right now.

Looks like a pressure-free first season for Hodgson at Loserpool.

Even if he only wins the league cup next year, it'll be the first thing the Dippers have won in 5 years.

As for the league :D, he'll be hard pushed to do worse than the Fat Waiter, but you never know.....I'm putting money on them finishing below Everton next year.:rolleyes:

From what I hear, her tour of eastern Canada was a raging success. I just wish she'd come out west as it's quite possible that we will not see her again. I think she's been a wonderful monarch and we'll be lucky to see the likes of her again

God Save The Queen

From what I hear, her tour of eastern Canada was a raging success. I just wish she'd come out west as it's quite possible that we will not see her again. I think she's been a wonderful monarch and we'll be lucky to see the likes of her again

God Save The Queen

Usurper, you mean to say, no doubt!

God Save The Queen

Wholeheartedly agree. :)

I was surprised that after the Queen visited Ground Zero and met some of the families of those who lost loved ones in 9/11 than none of the American papers I read mentioned the fact that the Queen shares something in common with them. The Queen herself lost loved ones in a terrorist attack. Her cousin Lord Louis Mountbatten and his teenage grandson were killed by the IRA. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I found another picture. It looks like on of those "Honi soit qui ... " things with a picture of some woman in it.

Since no-one is biting, why the heck don't you just get to the point?

Since no-one is biting, why the heck don't you just get to the point?

I'm not the Right Pudlian. It's y'all who have all those fancy titles and honors. It's gotta mean something. What about the golden hind in the middle?

I'm not the Right Pudlian. It's y'all who have all those fancy titles and honors. It's gotta mean something. What about the golden hind in the middle?

Hi "Mighty Arms Of"

"I'm not the Right Pudlian" Then who is? Are you the "Left" one then? I knew a "Liver" one once, does that Count? :lol:

"fancy titles and honors." How about Freddies? "The Queen of Glam" I'm sure that's somewhere in the Highlands, the Old Queen, Mrs MacBattenberg used to live there, i think. :Thinking:

"the golden hind in the middle" Are you blind? that's not a Golden Hind, that's a Piss Stained Old Deer. :o

Regards, Danny

Plug the phrase into a web search. The Latin will be translated. It works for most coats of arms. :rolleyes:

Archived