England

leddy

I always think of that song "Paint It Black" as being about World War II.

During the war they endured shortages so Lipton tea bags were in common use, but after the war people began to find loose leaf tea more available in the markets.

One English woman from a more recent generation who I met told me she avoids tea bags whenever possible in favor of freshly boiled hot water poured over loose leaf tea.

I always think of that song "Paint It Black" as being about World War II.

During the war they endured shortages so Lipton tea bags were in common use, but after the war people began to find loose leaf tea more available in the markets.

One English woman from a more recent generation who I met told me she avoids tea bags whenever possible in favor of freshly boiled hot water poured over loose leaf tea.

Tea bags are nasty! You can always taste the paper. We only drink loose leaf (though we have to import it directly from England so that it isn't stale/weak/generally crap). Generally it's Taylors Assam plus English or Scottish breakfast, and sometimes UK Twinings (same kinds), but we've just discovered that Waitrose loose English breakfast is the absolute best--I brought a box back with me this past week. Sadly, they don't ship. :'(

Tea bags are nasty! You can always taste the paper. We only drink loose leaf (though we have to import it directly from England so that it isn't stale/weak/generally crap). Generally it's Taylors Assam plus English or Scottish breakfast, and sometimes UK Twinings (same kinds), but we've just discovered that Waitrose loose English breakfast is the absolute best--I brought a box back with me this past week. Sadly, they don't ship. :'(

I have no problem with tetley tea....

i get -twinings every once in a while and all kinds of tea from -peru, but -tetley is my favorite in regards to two cups of tea every morning. am i being a simpleton...what am i missing out on?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you were charged to much for that !!

Product search results for Chelsea F.C. scarf

Chelsea FC Scarf $19.99 - BigSoccer Shop

Chelsea FC Scarf $19.99 - World Soccer Shop

Adidas Chelsea FC Scarf $17.95 - Centrum Sport Soccer USA

:huh:

Product search results for Chelsea F.C. scarf

Chelsea FC Scarf $19.99 - BigSoccer Shop

Chelsea FC Scarf $19.99 - World Soccer Shop

Adidas Chelsea FC Scarf $17.95 - Centrum Sport Soccer USA

:huh:

It was a joke !!!!! :blink::rolleyes:

Ah, my friends bought me this -yorkshire tea one time that was really good... but again, in regards to tea...i am just used to -tetlley tea. One thing i did notice while working in -manhattan, was that all the tea available was all -lipton... total bummer, being a -tetley drinker.

I have no problem with tetley tea....

i get -twinings every once in a while and all kinds of tea from -peru, but -tetley is my favorite in regards to two cups of tea every morning. am i being a simpleton...what am i missing out on?

Tetley is not awful if it's quite fresh--it's what a lot of hotels and b&bs have, but I usually leave it and buy my own tea at the local store. I like a very malty tea myself, but also some fragrance, hence the Assam/English breakfast mix.

Archived