Led Zeppelin's Dress Sense.

Bonham

Am I the only one here who dresses like I'm in the '70s? Maybe it's more acceptable to dress like this in England because of the flamboyancy, but what I casually wear is clothes similar to what Bonzo's were.

So, do any of you do this?

PS: I don't do this as some kind of fad, I wear these clothes because they are the SHIT, and I feel comfortable in them mostly.

I love bell bottoms but it's so hard to find them in the States for men. As for concerts, I tend to dress a bit more funky/retro than normal. For the O2, I was going for Page circa 1969. Heh.

I know how you feel, I'm feelin' it too, man. :P:lol:

I dress 70's because that's what I like best well, 60's & 70's.

I can't stand 80's fashion I'm not looking forward to that coming back again as it will no doubt.

Sometimes I panic buy flared & bootcut jeans because I'm afraid they will soon become unavailable

again like happened in the 80's. I have a nice stockpile. :hippy:

Am I the only one here who dresses like I'm in the '70s? Maybe it's more acceptable to dress like this in England because of the flamboyancy, but what I casually wear is clothes similar to what Bonzo's were.

PS: I don't do this as some kind of fad, I wear these clothes because they are the SHIT, and I feel comfortable in them mostly.

I'm mainly a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, but I love to dress in clothes that are old. I love the feel of old clothes that have had a lot of wear.

Talking of Bonzo though, I like his t-shirt in TSRTS.

Where I am (In the States) the fasion sense is terrible. I can't find any cute clothes, and when I do I don't want to pay the price for them. i.e. I found a Lucky Brand shirt the other day, plain white with green lettering that says love and it was 34 dollars.

Where I am (In the States) the fasion sense is terrible. I can't find any cute clothes, and when I do I don't want to pay the price for them. i.e. I found a Lucky Brand shirt the other day, plain white with green lettering that says love and it was 34 dollars.

Ridiculous. I must admit my clothes aren't cheap, but I don't really go for labeled clothes either. But your T-Shirt you wanted just sounds criminal.

I love bell bottoms but it's so hard to find them in the States for men. As for concerts, I tend to dress a bit more funky/retro than normal. For the O2, I was going for Page circa 1969. Heh.

because I have a classic rock taste and love Led Zeppelin, my friends want me to get Jimmy Page bell bottoms. :lol:

I like your hair, it's pretty. Even if you are a guy. If you came here people would stare at you. They stare at my hair which is like if Robert went brunette.

I'm not sure I understand. :lol:

Why would I be looked at? /me hides

I dress 70's as well much to the dismay of all the girls at my university that are trying to dress like 80's hookers. Some of the best places to find clothes are second hand shops where you can get some really cool stuff for dirt cheap. A couple of weeks back I found a black velvet belt with floral embroidery. Making your own clothes works as well. My grandmother is going to help me make a pair of black velvet bell bottoms.

I was hoping you would show us a picture Bonham, and you did, thanks. You wear the look very well :wub:

I dress 70's because that's what I like best well, 60's & 70's.

I can't stand 80's fashion I'm not looking forward to that coming back again as it will no doubt.

Sometimes I panic buy flared & bootcut jeans because I'm afraid they will soon become unavailable

again like happened in the 80's. I have a nice stockpile. :hippy:

Back in the early 70s we used to add trimming to the bottom of the bells, usually the premade embroidered kind but sometimes just added material to the jeans. And I of course had to do some Led Zep embroidery work to the jeans, as I did to nearly everything I owned, shirts, jackets, quilts, etc. LOL I believe I still have one pair up in the attic, in an old suitcase along with my wedding dress.

Lucky Brand has lots of cool stuff but like you said, it's expensive.

I had a good friend whose wife used to make waistcoats out of silk ties.I have several examples of them, and some brilliant tie-die shirts.But sadly I am too fat to wear any of them now.

I would if I could!

Flamboyance is actually a word I have not heard pertaining to modern standard dress for a long time .I'm not English or American but believe its one of those things that many Americans thought that the Englilsh did better than themselves in the 60's and 70's. It's a romantic view that for once (as long as sutch things lasted) had grounding in reality.But many of the best designs later came from the U.S.

As far as "bell bottoms" go, I have always loved them but haven't worn any for 27 years.My 80 year old dad used to wear them when he was young and still would prefer them today,but they just aren't standard issue anymore.

Only a couple of years ago, I found my 54 year old brother wearing his original '74 flares that he had found in his wardrobe.It sort of gave lie to the story that they were so poorly made back then that few original examples have survived to the pesent day!.I only resisted the temptation to knock him over the head and steal his trousers because of course,I knew they wouldn't fit me!. :D

Archived