Led Zeppelin's Dress Sense.

Bonham

The middle of them? Hmm.. I'm pretty sure long hair is acceptable most places apart from the army, right?

It depends.

In western culture, long hair has almost always been exceptable on Women.In my culture in ancient times it was concidered to be a sign of nobilitly on men and so they wore it that way.

Then the Romans came and defeated us.The first thing they asked for, apart from our money, was that we should cut our hair.

Not wishing to offend anybody,but a certain Roman toady of about 2000 years ago, forgetting (or perhaps more truthfully, not knowing, since he never met him) that his own LORD had long hair, decided that it was a sin against God for men to wear it that way, and women should cover theirs incase in should over-excite the men!.

This sort of crap has been with us to a greater or lesser degree ever since!

Fashions have changed a great deal, even in the last few decades. but even so, some men who are old enough to have enjoyed the freedom of the 1960's never grew their hair because it was concidered effeminate and/or sinfull.

I prefer to wear my hair very long but have noticed that as I grow older, less people comment on it or perhaps they have just given up on telling me to cut it.They know my answer....

To qoute a young Mick Jagger "Wot, cut my hair and look like you?!!

Why thank you.

And thank you.

Anyway, here's another jewel of a garment I own (though I hardly ever wear it):

jacket.jpg

Hey, send it to me, I'll wear it if you don't. :hysterical:

Seriously, you don't wear that? I love it, especially the leather bit on the right shoulder, good for gripping on to in certain situations. ;):P

Hey, send it to me, I'll wear it if you don't. :hysterical:

Seriously, you don't wear that? I love it, especially the leather bit on the right shoulder, good for gripping on to in certain situations. ;):P

Shame it's not really leather...but you can't have everything.

Well, no, I don't. I just don't think it really fits me.

My entire fashion sense is based on a single question -

"Would Robert Plant have worn this in the 70s?" If the answer is yes, then I'll wear it.

Fortunately, I have an innante fashion sense that allows me to accessorize aptly and to quote Tim Gunn,"Make it work."

"Would Robert Plant have worn this in the 70s?" If the answer is yes, then I'll wear it.

Fortunately, I have an innante fashion sense that allows me to accessorize aptly and to quote Tim Gunn,"Make it work."

I understand what you mean. I also love to just experiment with the clothes I've got, mix 'em up a bit. Seems to work. :D

Me too. Sometimes I say about things like skirts and such Would Janis have worn this? If yes, then I will if no, my mom says yes and I have to.

Am I the only one here who dresses like I'm in the '70s? Maybe it's more acceptable to dress like this in England because of the flamboyancy, but what I casually wear is clothes similar to what Bonzo's were.

Does every shirt you wear have to have sparkles on it like Bonzo's did? :lol::P

^I found a shirt at TJ Maxx a few years ago with the exact design in the same spot. I was black too. It just had long bell sleeves, and no back. My mom said no, but I can see why, cause I was about 8 when I found it.

Archived