31 disc Earls Court set by Empress Valley!

lololabrute

well, how much was Deep Throat when it came out? This is also seems to be an upgraded version of The Complete Earl's Court Arena Tapes (22 cds) - how much was that one sold for when it came out.. ?  

I for one don't know! Care to enlighten me?

unless there is an upgrade, or new source, who the hell cares about evsd's perfect stereo 47 cd release of earls court. so many cash grabs, it ought to be illegal. they aren't showing us zeppelin nuts respect, imo, unless they are kindly sharing a new source. like 3/3/75, thanks evsd for making me go from lz junkie level 79 to level 86. but re-releases... don't waste our time.

unless there is an upgrade, or new source, who the hell cares about evsd's perfect stereo 47 cd release of earls court. so many cash grabs, it ought to be illegal. they aren't showing us zeppelin nuts respect, imo, unless they are kindly sharing a new source. like 3/3/75, thanks evsd for making me go from lz junkie level 79 to level 86. but re-releases... don't waste our time.

Selling unauthorized recordings (bootlegs) at too high a price should be illegal?

sorry for the double posts, but considering evsd's history, i think it is wrong to charge hundreds of dollars on a re-release, knowing there are the few uber-fans who will bite the hook. be straight with new releases, and evsd will have more support. tapes are meant to be heard, zeppelin is meant to be enjoyed. i'm just tired of seeing hundreds of dollars price tags on pointless releases that offer ... nothing ... new. at tall. ever. mostly.

well, how much was Deep Throat when it came out? This is also seems to be an upgraded version of The Complete Earl's Court Arena Tapes (22 cds) - how much was that one sold for when it came out.. ?  

deep throat was legit back in the day but i doubt there is any reasonable value in the newer ones. but honestly i hope i'm wrong about that.

if it is easily found, in equal or better quality, for free online... hell yes. :D

hundreds of dollars... give them something new for that. imho

OK, so selling unauthorized recordings is fine, as long as the price is "reasonable".  I'm curious who would enforce a ban on price gouging in bootlegs while permitting the sale of bootlegs as such.

Nothing is free.  Those hosting sites make major money and also plant Virus, Cookies and Trojan on your PC

I've been going few months now completely Adobe Flash free from my computer.  Flash is probably the biggest Trojan out there.   Anyone see that sales report Adobe published for Holiday shopping.  Major snooping going on.  Adobe was never in the business doing stuff like that and Macromedia was the original owner of Flash

deep throat was legit back in the day...

:hysterical: Define "legit" for us unenlightened plebes.

Nothing is free.  Those hosting sites make major money and also plant Virus, Cookies and Trojan on your PC

I've been going few months now completely Adobe Flash free from my computer.  Flash is probably the biggest Trojan out there.   Anyone see that sales report Adobe published for Holiday shopping.  Major snooping going on.  Adobe was never in the business doing stuff like that and Macromedia was the original owner of Flash

Another reason why I continue to prefer getting my bootlegs the old-fashioned way. Considering the years and years of listening pleasure I have derived, it has been money well spent.

Another reason why I continue to prefer getting my bootlegs the old-fashioned way. Considering the years and years of listening pleasure I have derived, it has been money well spent.

Meh, there's plenty of reputable places you can go for downloads.  

There's no free lunch!  But some more trustworthy, "legit" trading sites have you "pay them back" by posting other ROIOs or bootlegs for others to download and that will not post anything that has been commercially released or are by bands which request "no trading" like King Crimson. 

There are plenty of those sites out there they are a dime a dozen!

OK, so selling unauthorized recordings is fine, as long as the price is "reasonable".  I'm curious who would enforce a ban on price gouging in bootlegs while permitting the sale of bootlegs as such.

Yes, ranting about the price of a bootleg is like complaining your coke dealer gouged you. Illegal is illegal.

Yes, ranting about the price of a bootleg is like complaining your coke dealer gouged you. Illegal is illegal.

He wasn't ranting, he said what Empress Valley is doing should be illegal.  The price, not the activity.  This wasn't just a poor choice of words as he affirmed this position in the follow-up.  This to me is, unclear, shall we say.

It would help if people stop seeing bootleg producers like some kind of benevolent Uncle and/or somehow helping fans out by releasing stuff! The only real issue is at what price are you prepared to pay for something. All other discussions are immaterial. Even if bootleggers charged 5p(or 5 cents for our US readers!) as distinct from £1000, the principle of bootlegs is still the same-outside of Japan-unauthorised, illegal, and untaxed profit on the back of the bands work.

He wasn't ranting, he said what Empress Valley is doing should be illegal.  The price, not the activity.  This wasn't just a poor choice of words as he affirmed this position in the follow-up.  This to me is, unclear, shall we say.

So true

The fact is a bootleg is exactly that, at bootleg, i.e. ILLEGAL. The idea of being gouged by a distributor of any illegal product is just stupid, the product is illegal, and the black market price is what the market can demand, nothing more nothing less. The fact is, this is Zeppelins music being used without their permission, this is also the reason why we as a group are not allowed to distribute bootlegs on this site. All not being equal, I too have bootleg recordings of Zeppelin shows as well as other bands, however if the price is too high (in my opinion), it is what it is. If Empress Valley or any other producer wishes to charge $10,000 for a copy of Robert singing in the shower, whatever, if someone is stupid enough to pay for it good for EVSD. The market, as always, will place a reality check on all distributors, wait a few months until all the idiot fans with way too much cash blow their collective wad and the price will drop like a lead balloon.

I understand why people feel the way they do, however the price cannot be extricated from the activity, illegal is illegal. Then again I have never been one to feel the need to have every bootleg from every show. I have collected essentially the two best shows from each touring year and called it as day. I know there are shows with songs only played once or twice, but in those cases I just get that one song if possible and add it to my existing collection. As with EC, I have In The Court of King James on DVD & CD and I am happy with that. I guess I am just a dilettante in regard to collecting live material but unless there is an official release, what is the point? The current releases of these shows are free if one looks so what exactly does this new release have to offer? Maybe a bit cleaner? To each their own.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2015 at 1:21 PM, Strider said:

:hysterical: Define "legit" for us unenlightened plebes.

Agreed.Much better than watching a computer download files.Just as in the the day of vinyl,fast becoming a dying art of collecting all together.

On 1/29/2016 at 8:44 AM, Ocean73 said:

Agreed.Much better than watching a computer download files.Just as in the the day of vinyl,fast becoming a dying art of collecting all together.

Indeed- you can't hold a bunch of fucking FLAC files in yer hand and marvel over the artwork like you can with an LP...

Archived