2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

On 5/11/2016 at 7:08 PM, TULedHead said:

Go Cubs!

He lives!

The Cubs are a juggernaut. But are they the 1927 Yankees or are they the 2001 Seattle Mariners?

Only a month in and the Angels are already toast. Tonight the Cards will put the clincher on their sweep of the Angels. Pujols is PATHETIC vs. his former team.

This will be another useless season wasting Mike Trout's prime years. The farm system is barren. What is worse is Scioscia will still keep his job.

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

Image result for red sox

We are right there an actually percentage its ahead for first place.  We do not have the luxury of getting Houston for 4 st.  You go to KC monday and I expect they will be in a foul mood.  They have lost two key pitchers I hear.  The Yankees get Chris Sale tonight.  LOL.  Good luck with that.   The Orioles send Tillman and Verlander is opposing us.  Tough game.  It could be a high scoring game or both pitchers could be on their A game?   Tough call.  Going for 6 in a row.  The White Sox and Phillies are the big surprises so far.  Yes , the Phillies.   In the AL the playoffs are pretty much set in stone currently.  But as we know its a long long season and its still very early.  But the Minnesota Twins are toast.  What was I smoking to think they would get a wild card or contend?  I wish I had pushed the White Sox button instead.  As for the Kings Cardinals?   Not sure.  But they will never catch the Cubs

BOY IT SURE IS LONELY UP HEREAT THE TOP!:lol: NO NAST KING POSTS.  NO CARDINALS BUT THE ONES I FEED IN MY FEEDER.

I will admit that it is different to see the Saint Louis Cardinals in 3rd place behind the Pirates and the Cubs.  I will also admit that this is the Saint Louis Cardinals and that this will change before the 2016 regular season ends.  Like someone posted way back, the Cardinals are like death and taxes, both are guaranteed to happen.  Despite the current standings, the Saint Louis Cardinals will not and will never Go Away. 

It is a fact that the Saint Louis Cardinals have been the most successful team since the beginning of the new century.  The Cardinals have made it to the Post-Season 12 times in the last 15 seasons. I have faith and resolve that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be the Team to beat come October. 

It's been a rough go for Harvey here in 2016--who knows if he'll ever come out of it, but if this trend continues and the Mets do get to October, you're looking at Harvey maybe being a 3 or 4 in the rotation. Who had that when the season started?

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It's been a rough go for Harvey here in 2016--who knows if he'll ever come out of it, but if this trend continues and the Mets do get to October, you're looking at Harvey maybe being a 3 or 4 in the rotation. Who had that when the season started?

The same people who had Greinke having a 5.26 ERA this season.

After Cabrera hit a two run shot that I expected, we are now up 4-2 in the 7th over the Tiger.  Wright another pleasant surprise pitcher.   Orioles on absolute fire!!!  Lead the major leagues in HRS, and just hit 3 more.  Up comes one Manny Machado, and he is a cinch to start in the ALL Star game if there is any justice.  I just put my first day of votes in.    I am being fair.  Here it is for the AL

1st   Chris Davis (Baltimore)   (this one is easy to me)  EASY

2nd  R Cano (Seattle)

3ed  Manny Machado  (Baltimore)

SS Bogarts   (Boston)

DH  Ortiz  (Boston)  his last year and deserving

Catcher  Wieters  (Baltimore)

Outfield  Elsberry (Yankees), Adam Jones (Baltimore),  Trumbo (Baltimore)  Adam just hit another HR as I type.  The Injury held him up a bit, but I do not want to hear any whining here.  He is the best in center field.  

NL

1st  Rizzo   (Chicago Cubs)

2nd Segura    (Arizona)

3rd   Bryant   (Cubs)

SS    Russel    (Cubs)

Catcher  Castillo  ( Arizona)

Outfield     Harper (Nationals), Stanton (Miami),   Fowler  (Cubs)

Pitchers I cannot find a field for yet.  But Chris Sale has to start vs Arrieta.  

O'S PULLING AWAY AND THIS WOULD BE ANOTHER 7 IN A ROW.  FIRST PLACE BABY!!!!!!!

THE METS SUCK!!!!!!!

Where you at Bondman?  Your boys are in another mess in Oriole park.  Adam Jones just hit one over the left fielder head.  1-1.  Looking for the sweep and 8 in a row.  Then a day off and Seattle.  It looks like we might have gotten a break and missed the King.  That is King Felix the pitcher, not King Cardiac.

Heh, I haven't seen any of the highlight shows yet, but I'm looking forward to whatever went down between the Jays and Rangers...

Coors Field was once again the Mets own personal hell--now a day off before Washington comes to New York & what looks like a great matchup between Syndergaard and Scherzer...

Syndergaa

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Heh, I haven't seen any of the highlight shows yet, but I'm looking forward to whatever went down between the Jays and Rangers...

Coors Field was once again the Mets own personal hell--now a day off before Washington comes to New York & what looks like a great matchup between Syndergaard and Scherzer...

Syndergaa

Man, it's too bad the Jays And Rangers don't play each other again this year--that was some funny shit yesterday. 

I'm not sure who's in the wrong in that situation--and I've often said, I don't have a problem with "bat flipping." I think it's funny in most cases, but I'm sure there's always next year for those 2 clubs....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Man, it's too bad the Jays And Rangers don't play each other again this year--that was some funny shit yesterday. 

I'm not sure who's in the wrong in that situation--and I've often said, I don't have a problem with "bat flipping." I think it's funny in most cases, but I'm sure there's always next year for those 2 clubs....

If they meet again this year it will be on October :)

That would be awsome!

On May 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM, paul carruthers said:

I did not see it all but I can't stand Batista.  I would send  box of Cigars to whoever punched him or Anderson

Great ballgame between the Nats and Mets tonight--usually these pitching matchups don't live up to the hype, but Syndergaard and Scherzer were both on tonight. Mets just ran into a little bit of luck with some solo homers and Familia shut the door.

That's the kind of ballgame I love to watch...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Great ballgame between the Nats and Mets tonight--usually these pitching matchups don't live up to the hype, but Syndergaard and Scherzer were both on tonight. Mets just ran into a little bit of luck with some solo homers and Familia shut the door.

That's the kind of ballgame I love to watch...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Not sure why the Nats are underdogs?  My boys must just shake off that loss last night where nobody showed up and kick ass.  Boston lost so we are in first.  And we will still be there regardless of tonight but time to get another streak going.  Tillman is pitching the best in his career.   5-1.   i thank we get our bats going tonight.  And the Cubs too.  Last night was crazy all over.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:48 PM, paul carruthers said:

How great was Brad Ausmus last night--for anybody who missed it...  :lol:

Nice to see the Dodgers dropping in the standings.

GO GIANTS!!

KILL THE UMPIRE.jpg

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Going down to Houston to see the Rangers vs Astros on Saturday night. It'll be my first time in that ballpark. It looks pretty cool, I'll be sure to take some pics.

Have a great time.  I might do the same when the Saint Louis Cardinals play the Houston Astros in August. 

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Going down to Houston to see the Rangers vs Astros on Saturday night. It'll be my first time in that ballpark. It looks pretty cool, I'll be sure to take some pics.

It's a fun park.  We went to the All Star Game there (I think it was 2004).  Too bad Thelma's BBQ closed.  It was fab and right behind the ballpark.

Have a lovely time!!

Archived