2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ The bats were cold & the pitching was awful the last 2 games of that series...

Yeah, the Mets vaunted pitching staff wasn't so vaunted.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah, the Mets vaunted pitching staff wasn't so vaunted.

Oh yeah I am watching Sean.  We are kicking yo arses!!!:lol:  I wish Santiago was not tossed.  I really can't believe they tossed him.  Strange.  8-4 good guys as I type.  I expect Gasman to have a big night tomorrow

On 5/19/2016 at 4:28 PM, kingzoso said:

Have a great time.  I might do the same when the Saint Louis Cardinals play the Houston Astros in August. 

We are staying at the Club Quarters Hotel, about 7 blocks away..I'll let you know how it is. Significantly cheaper that the closer hotels.

On 5/19/2016 at 0:31 PM, zepscoda said:

Going down to Houston to see the Rangers vs Astros on Saturday night. It'll be my first time in that ballpark. It looks pretty cool, I'll be sure to take some pics.

Enjoy the game zepscoda! Taking your girls along or flying solo? You get to cross another ballpark off your list. How many is that now?

Very cool ballpark... Being indoors took me a while to get use to, but still a lot of fun. Tons of other Rangers fans there. Found a couple of nice bars across the street to keep the beers flowing.

Chris, I don't recommend The ClubQuarters Hotel...it's small, and not very user friendly.

0521161842a~2.jpg

0521161947~2.jpg

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Enjoy the game zepscoda! Taking your girls along or flying solo? You get to cross another ballpark off your list. How many is that now?

Just me and the Mrs's on this trip...good question on the MLB ballpark list..so far I've been :

Fenway Park, Camden Yards, Bush Stadium (old), Yankee Stadium (old) , Shea Stadium (old), Jacobs Field ,Ballpark in Arlington and now Minute Maid Park...plan on hitting at least 2 more this summer. 

^^^My list is as follows:

Angel Stadium

Dodger Stadium

Candlestick Park (old SF Giants home)

AT & T Park (new Giants home)

Jack Murphy Stadium (old San Diego Padres home)

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland A's)

Seattle Kingdome (old Mariners home)

Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals home)

Houston Astrodome (old Astros home)

Yankee Stadium (the old one)

Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs)

Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)

What a sweet win in Anaheim last night.  I know Scocia is fit to be tied with the umps.  Arguing balls and strikes with his playes he is lucky to not have been tossed.  I do agree that one of them was legit.  But they called some on us and nobody said a word.   The umps have been a joke in that series.  Wieters HR was a real shot in the arm for me and the O's.  I was wondering how the hell a guy with an  8 plus era, Shoemaker, was killing one of the best lineups in the game on sinkers.  Matt finally got them but it was not Shomaker, who I do feel for.   They gave him no suppot but that is because Gausman who has s been great for us also has had no support for his reccord.  Oriolds have the best record in the AL.  Shocker lately are Tampa.  All of a sudden they are hitting.  Except for right now as the Tigers have jumped on them early.  

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Candlestick Park (old SF Giants home)

The fog bank/wind tunnel. :)

Long gone to the wrecking ball. Lot of history in that place. 'The Catch' is the most memorable for me.

zepscoda, that's where we sat for the Home Run Derby in 2004.  It's a fun stadium!!

Ballparks I've been to: 

I started doing this sometime in the late 70's.  I've been to every park that was open at that time, except for Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta (we have been to Turner Field).

Since so many new parks have been built since then, we now need to hit 4 more to be done with all of the current parks:  Busch 3, Petco,  Miami (I did do a tour, but it doesn't count until I've seen a game there) and a return to Kansas City (it's not new since we've been, but it's been extensively remodeled).

Don't think we'll get to a new park this summer, but we will see a game in Oakland in July, and New York in August.

Jiminez SUCKS.  I DO NOT KNOW why Buck leaves his ass in?  I want to get rid of his sorry ass.  Thank God Houston is up next.  Anything can happen but 6-0 is not good.  First time this year I remember an inning this bad.   This guy must be let go. I have seen enough of him.  

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well King, I see those Diamondbacks are giving your boys hell.  5-0 Arizona.  Orioles coming to bat.  I expect alot of runs today in this one

I will say that the Cardinals are just above .500 and not what the millions of Cardinals fans expect from such a resilient and winning baseball team.  Yet I still, and always will, have Faith that They will not let me down. 

17 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I will say that the Cardinals are just above .500 and not what the millions of Cardinals fans expect from such a resilient and winning baseball team.  Yet I still, and always will, have Faith that They will not let me down. 

They still have a very good chance of a Wild card and that is good enough.  I do not think they can beat the Cubs for the division.  Not unless the Cubs have more terrible injuries to key players.  And I am sure you do not want to win that way.   This is the Cubs year in the NL.  I can see it and feel it.  Their coach is very good. They have the talent.  I am waiting for the Dodgers to wake up.  I expect a big push from them in second half. As for my team, I am pretty happy except we need Hardy back and we need to get rid of Jiminez.  They are calling for his head in most Orioles networks I have seen.  I want him gone.  He sucks.  I would rather give Bundy a shot to start, and they have the two young kids that are doing fine.  Guasman and Tillman are both reliable starters and Gallardo will be back by next week latest.  Our bats can carry us a long way.  At this moment we have the best record in the AL.  Only the Cubs have a better record over all

I want to add, if anyone is voting like me for the all star game, I hope you  are all being fair?  I am voting for guys I think deserve it.  There are  a couple of positions that I have voted for more than one player on different days.  

Ortiz is obvious at DH as its his last year and he is playing great

Machado leads the league in most categories and should be the leading vote getter with Ortiz

I like this kid from the White Sox and he should be in     Eaton  (OF)

Cubs, Fowler, Rizzo and Bryant.     Stanton even though in a slump from fish.  I used STory once as he has the numbers

Back to AL.  Trumbo has my vote and Trout also.  I am going to give Adam Jones and Hardy a few even though injuries may hold them out.

Wieters is my choice at catcher ALL DAY.  He is on fire and I say he has the best arm of any catcher in the AL

On 5/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, ebk said:

zepscoda, that's where we sat for the Home Run Derby in 2004.  It's a fun stadium!!

Ballparks I've been to: 

I started doing this sometime in the late 70's.  I've been to every park that was open at that time, except for Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta (we have been to Turner Field).

Since so many new parks have been built since then, we now need to hit 4 more to be done with all of the current parks:  Busch 3, Petco,  Miami (I did do a tour, but it doesn't count until I've seen a game there) and a return to Kansas City (it's not new since we've been, but it's been extensively remodeled).

Don't think we'll get to a new park this summer, but we will see a game in Oakland in July, and New York in August.

Section 420 B)

We are going up to Colorado to see a Rockies game on June 11. That will be another to add to my list. ..I'll be up in the DC / Maryland area several times this summer. We should meet up at a Nationals game!

Archived