2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, the Mad-Bum lived up to his postseason hype, again. Familia leaves a hanging piece of something over the plate & there goes the ballgame. The game lived up to the hype, too bad Noah couldn't go a bit further, but maybe Terry was remembering Harvey from last year.

Now, the G-Men may get served by the Cubbies....

That Gillaspie homer erased the lousy second half SF had. I was sitting there saying to myself that something had to give and BOOM!!! Bye, Bye, Baby! :D

Da Bum does it again.

Chicago bound.

As much as I do not want the Chicago Cubs to make it to, much less win the 2016 World Series, I do want them to defeat the San Francisco Giants in the National League Division Series.  I absolutely do not want to see the Giants in the World Series.  Since about 2011, the Giants have really been the team that seems to dominate the National League, in my opinion, just slightly over the Saint Louis Cardinals.  More World Series wins but not as much as 5 consecutive years in the Post-Season as the Cardinals (almost 6 but I am not a sore loser and neither are the Cardinals - and I am already over that fact). 

I am and will be rooting for the Texas Rangers and the Cleveland Indians to make it to the American League Championship with the Rangers making it to the 2016 World Series and winning it over whoever is their opponent.  (Not that I like them either, but I am hoping the Rangers end up playing the Washington Nationals in the World Series, and again, with the Texas Rangers as the last team standing).

Go Rangers!!!

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems like everyone is killing Buck Showalter, but you know what they say about hindsight. 

Tonight's game could be close or it could be a 9 to 8 game, but I'm going to lean with pitcher's duel. Whoever wins will get eaten alive by the Cubs anyway.... :D

Even those close to him are second guessing his decision including Zach Britton himself all be it he did not do it in a disrespectful tone.   I thought for sure when they had men on 1st and 3rd and O'Day had earlier put out the fire they were going to Zach.   He would have bought us another shot with the heart of our order due up.  Machado, Davis and Schoop.  But that did not happen.  In comes dick head Jiminez and there goes our season.  I do not want to see that fucker back in an Orioles uniform.  Keep Guasman and Tillman and dump Jiminez and Miley who is likely history anyway as he was a rental.  If only they had kept Miguel Gonzalez who pitched well for the White Sox.    Another mistake.  This GM had best take us forward and not backward.  That means signing Wieters, who I understand has already commited to staying in Baltimore?  Signing Trumbo, or someone that has power like he does?  And getting a top notch starter to go with Gausman and Tillman and Dylan Bundy who is going to be a good one also.  If they can keep Trumbo and add a speedy type, likely Born is too old now to justify keeping him?  But if he has a year left in him I am fine with that also  They are very close.

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

As much as I do not want the Chicago Cubs to make it to, much less win the 2016 World Series, I do want them to defeat the San Francisco Giants in the National League Division Series.  I absolutely do not want to see the Giants in the World Series.  Since about 2011, the Giants have really been the team that seems to dominate the National League, in my opinion, just slightly over the Saint Louis Cardinals.  More World Series wins but not as much as 5 consecutive years in the Post-Season as the Cardinals (almost 6 but I am not a sore loser and neither are the Cardinals - and I am already over that fact). 

I'd say that the Giants' confidence is way up after sweeping L.A. and then winning in New York. The Cubs may be a little worried.

GO NATIONALS!!!

1 hour ago, redrum said:

I'd say that the Giants' confidence is way up after sweeping L.A. and then winning in New York. The Cubs may be a little worried.

GO NATIONALS!!!

Of course they are, they're the Cubs!

Zepscoda must be sick.  I want Texas to beat those bastards.  I did not watch any of it.  Too pissed off that we let them off the hook.  If Bourn had caught that fucking ball we would have won also.  So its not all on Buck.  Cleveland now has the Red Sox nation worried.  I suspected the Indians would be trouble.  Now in a best of 5 every game become magnified.  But not like ours was.  We deserved better than to get eliminated in one fucking game after playing 162.  Are you kidding me?    WE beat the SF Giants in their own house.  We beat alot of very good teams.  By the way, that assshole that threw the beer can at Kim has been caught and has a court date.  The Canadiens have to be praised for that. 

Buck and our GM say they are committed to getting us back to the playoffs.  I know the owner has a huge part in this.  Will he spend?  We need to sign Matt Wieters and hopefully Mark Trumbo.  If that happens we should be a force next year but we know there is one huge must.  Get rid of Jiminez for Gods sake and get a quality starter to compliment Tillman, Gausman and Bundy.  I say Gausman will be the ace of this staff next year.  Watch our for him!  I want them to not only sign those two guys and get a pitcher, but to add a guy like Bourn who is younger.  A speedy outfielder.  They have now said Adam Jones will NOT be the lead off guy.  So that speaks volumes abut their plans

Hey Rick:  I am actually hoping that the Chicago Cubs win the NLDS against the San Francisco Giants.  That is how much I really hate the Giants.  However, if the Cubs do win, I will be rooting for either the Los Angeles Dodgers or the Washington Nationals, preferably the Nationals as I dislike them less then I do the Dodgers. 

If the Texas Rangers fall to the Toronto Blue Jays, I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the 2016 World Series.  Yes, an American League team. 

Respond or not, I just wanted to say what I just said. 

Well, I guess America can breath easier now--the Cubs won. Joe Maddon saving Arrieta for Game 3 against the Mad Bum, I'm wondering if that will pay off.

I'm also wondering how the Nats got to be feeling right now--given their penchant for gagging in October, but a win tomorrow would put things even; go Dodgers in any event...

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Cubs win! Great pitchers duel tonight. Just one little mistake by Cueto to Baez was the difference. Playoff baseball at its best.

What really pissed me off was the TV station only showed the first inning and then went to game coverage of the other games. Cocksuckers. I had to fire up the radio.

A great game nonetheless.

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I guess America can breath easier now--the Cubs won. Joe Maddon saving Arrieta for Game 3 against the Mad Bum, I'm wondering if that will pay off.

Don't anyone forget that I am a die-hard Saint Louis Cardinals Fan.  However, I have met and talked to Jake Arrieta's mom and I told her that I wished the best to her son. 

32 minutes ago, redrum said:

What really pissed me off was the TV station only showed the first inning and then went to game coverage of the other games. Cocksuckers. I had to fire up the radio.

A great game nonetheless.

I don't understand why or how they would do that? The other games were all over by the time the Cubs-Giants game started in prime time.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't understand why or how they would do that? The other games were all over by the time the Cubs-Giants game started in prime time.

Now what will SF do?  They came close with their top pitcher outside of Bum.  Bum cant pitch unless it goes to game 4 and I say that never happens.  The Cubs should kill them today.  

The door is wide open for the Cubs with the sudden and unexpected fate of the Red Sox.  If Cleveland does complete this we should have known Francona would know how to beat his old team if anyone could.  Only a very good Dodgers bullpen is in the way of the Cubbies ending this 100 year drought.  How can you not cheer for them?

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 2:45 AM, redrum said:

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!"

One more chance for Texas to make this series worth while. Going to be just shy of improbable with Colby not remotely close to being where he was prior to the injury. 

But in the immortal words of Ron Washington ...

" That's how baseball go "

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!"

One more chance for Texas to make this series worth while. Going to be just shy of improbable with Colby not remotely close to being where he was prior to the injury. 

But in the immortal words of Ron Washington ...

" That's how baseball go "

I am not sure which is more painful?  Your situation or ours?

12 hours ago, Strider said:

It was ridiculous. They 'reserve the right' to piss people off. I sent them an e mail calling them a bunch of jerks.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am not sure which is more painful?  Your situation or ours?

It's gotta be yours. At least we have a 5 game series.. there's something not fair about a one game round in a sport based on a season of series match ups.

Archived